[U/C] M2 North-South Motorway

Threads relating to transport, water, etc. within the CBD and Metropolitan area.
Ho Really
Super Size Scraper Poster!

[U/C] Re: [U/C] Re: M2 North-South Motorway

#4636 Post by Ho Really » Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:31 pm

Norman wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:49 am
Well, I hope you have made donations to InDaily or another news outlet in Adelaide, because if the Advertiser fails, InDaily doesn't have the reach to reasonably hold the government to account. If both fail, the government can do whatever it wants really.
Not sure about that Norman, there are other media outlets such as TV that have better penetration than the 'Tiser. The important thing when it comes to news that it is news based on facts not opinion which may not be balanced. That's more important. If the 'Tiser can do that they'll survive, whether in print or online.

Cheers
Confucius say: Dumb man climb tree to get cherry, wise man spread limbs.

Norman
Donating Member
Donating Member

[U/C] Re: [U/C] Re: M2 North-South Motorway

#4637 Post by Norman » Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:23 pm

Ho Really wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:31 pm
Norman wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:49 am
Well, I hope you have made donations to InDaily or another news outlet in Adelaide, because if the Advertiser fails, InDaily doesn't have the reach to reasonably hold the government to account. If both fail, the government can do whatever it wants really.
Not sure about that Norman, there are other media outlets such as TV that have better penetration than the 'Tiser. The important thing when it comes to news that it is news based on facts not opinion which may not be balanced. That's more important. If the 'Tiser can do that they'll survive, whether in print or online.

Cheers
Unfortunately we see that year after year the newsroom is getting smaller and smaller. They recently cut the Messenger any many other community newspapers from all over Australia. Journalists are leaving from TV as well, just recently we saw 4 journalists cut at Seven Adelaide and 250 staff across the ABC. Watch the ABC and you will see less and less local content appearing, it's all national stories. When it came to telling human stories around the COVID crisis, most stories focused on people in Sydney and Melbourne, and how their lives changed. Not much about Adelaide or Perth.

Even though I don't like the rubbish The Advertiser writes, I am considering subscribing, because we are worse off without it.

aceman
High Rise Poster!

[U/C] Re: M2 North-South Motorway

#4638 Post by aceman » Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:25 pm

the article says that the government expects to announce whatever the plan is within the next few weeks? didn't they say that 18 months ago?

Hooligan
Legendary Member!

#4639 Post by Hooligan » Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:52 am

I cant understand why the remaining section is being considered one project. This talk of tunnels is a pipe dream. Why not break it into 3 projects? Edwardstown to Darlington, Torrens to Anzac highway and finally the Cross road interchange rebuild.

The projects and more importantly the workforce, could flow from one and on to the next.

Code: Select all

Signature removed 

croweater888
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#4640 Post by croweater888 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:10 pm

kymbosa wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:17 am
Well the transparent Tiser and government Are clearly at work to stop this project. Today it’s another negative article. People around Australia, wonder why nothing happens in SA; this is why! 🤦‍♂️( Behind paywall.)

204105A2-16F6-4285-A437-0059EBB1D5E4.jpeg

https://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/sou ... 83ceda9ac7
I didn't take it that way. If the Advertiser was actually trying to run a smear campaign then it is failing, as they have clearly misjudged public sentiment. The comments below the article(s) are overwhelmingly in favour of getting on with the job.

Rather, I thought that the Advertiser is trying to paint these people as self serving idiots who don't have the States best interests at heart. There is another article just like this one printed today. Another little group who think they know better than everyone else and want to put in their two bobs worth. These people are being howled down as typical Adelaide NIMBY's who should STFU.

The government has also said, multiple times in the last two weeks, that because of the impending deficit everything is off the table except the WCH and the NSC. If they wanted to can these projects, they could have spared everyone the drama and said it right there: 'We cant afford it', but they didn't.

claybro

#4641 Post by claybro » Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:34 pm

They have no need to can the NSC.. they just keep pretending to be doing something, without actually doing anything. Don't forget, we have the feasibility study of the preferred option to go, then the public consultation, then the request for funding, then the planning.. I have my doubts I will be driving over, under or through Mile End on a motorway any time before retirement.

SouthAussie94
High Rise Poster!

#4642 Post by SouthAussie94 » Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:02 am

Without going into too much detail, tenders have recently gone out for early works on the section of South Road from T2T to Darlington. I'm unsure if these were listed publicly, or whether companies have been invited to tender for the project.

I've only heard whispers myself so my knowledge of the details is fairly limited. My understanding is that these early works will be broken up into three sections, with each section tendered as its own works package. I'm unsure as to where the boundaries for each section lie, however I've heard that both Emerson Crossing and the tram overpass lie within the same section (not groundbreaking news considering the short distance between them..).

I'm unsure as to whether the three sections have any correlation with how the corridor will eventually be constructed.

These whispers have came from two separate sources so I'm highly confident that the wheels are turning (however slowly that may be..)
"All we are is bags of bones pushing against a self imposed tide. Just be content with staying alive"

Views and opinions expressed are my own and don't necessarily reflect the views or opinions of any organisation of which I have an affiliation

rev
SA MVP (Most Valued Poster 4000+)

#4643 Post by rev » Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:57 am

There was a tender for geotechnical work announced in May, might be that?

ChillyPhilly

#4644 Post by ChillyPhilly » Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:32 am

I'm also thinking the remaining part of the corridor will be upgraded as one big project, but will be delivered in successive stages.
Our state, our city, our future.

All views expressed on this forum are my own.

SouthAussie94
High Rise Poster!

#4645 Post by SouthAussie94 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:09 pm

A few more whispers (again I don't know a heap of details and things are obviously still in the planning phase so could be subject to change):

- HBR will probably just be a grade separation. Probably won't connect directly to the NSM. Only a small area adjacent HBR is in the scope.
- Seemingly there will be a very large interchange near SDBD. Project scope which is currently out to tender extends from the Western end of the Hilton Bridges to the western side of South Rd. Large areas to the north east and south west of the SDBD/South Road intersection are also included.
- South of Cross Road, the wedge of land bordered by Castle Plaza/South Rd and the Seaford line is included in the scope.
- Large amount of land near Celtic Avenue at Clovelly Park included in the scope. Seems to mostly be on the western side.
- Every side street Between Darlington/T2T that connects to South Road on both the eastern and western sides is included in the scope. The distance along each street ranges from 50m - 200m+.

I'll keep my ear to the ground for more details.

Expect to see people on site along the corridor later this year. Construction proper is probably still 2+ years away
Last edited by SouthAussie94 on Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"All we are is bags of bones pushing against a self imposed tide. Just be content with staying alive"

Views and opinions expressed are my own and don't necessarily reflect the views or opinions of any organisation of which I have an affiliation

zippySA
High Rise Poster!

#4646 Post by zippySA » Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:47 pm

You getting that scope from the Geotechnical Investigation tender or somewhere else? If somewhere else - you could be onto a scoop and should sell to the Advertiser :shock:

Nort

#4647 Post by Nort » Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:15 pm

zippySA wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:47 pm
You getting that scope from the Geotechnical Investigation tender or somewhere else? If somewhere else - you could be onto a scoop and should sell to the Advertiser :shock:
Things posted here that have any weight to them (and plenty that don't) show up there anyway. :lol:

rev
SA MVP (Most Valued Poster 4000+)

#4648 Post by rev » Sat Jul 04, 2020 9:40 pm

Nort wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:15 pm
zippySA wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:47 pm
Things posted here that have any weight to them (and plenty that don't) show up there anyway. :lol:
You mean like the recent article about the dents in the cladding panels on the AO hotel? :lol:

kymbosa
High Rise Poster!

#4649 Post by kymbosa » Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:07 pm

All lanes OPEN at Darlington heading in both directions. Still plenty of road surface to be completed and limit still 40km.

Good news is that it’s almost done.

aceman
High Rise Poster!

#4650 Post by aceman » Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:58 pm

kymbosa wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:07 pm
All lanes OPEN at Darlington heading in both directions. Still plenty of road surface to be completed and limit still 40km.

Good news is that it’s almost done.
don't they keep closing off different lanes as in rolling lane closures?