[U/C] M2 North-South Motorway

Threads relating to transport, water, etc. within the CBD and Metropolitan area.
neoballmon
Legendary Member!

[U/C] Re: News & Discussion: South Road / North-South Corridor

#2191 Post by neoballmon » Sat May 27, 2017 8:57 am

Sorry yes I meant South Road south of SExy will presumably continue as A13 while South Road's surface road will probably be A2 from there to the Northern Connector, with M2 from Old Noarlunga to the Northern end where it will change to M20.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
Looking forward to a free-flowing Adelaide!

Brucetiki
Legendary Member!

#2192 Post by Brucetiki » Sun May 28, 2017 1:41 pm

neoballmon wrote:Have noticed tonight that signs for South Road in the t2t area are getting the A13 changed to A2 to bring it in line with the M2 for the motorway.
Roads I noticed the change on were Ashwin Parade and Hawker Street.
Will be interesting to see if they alter all the way down to the Southern Expressway, where I assume it would remain A13 from there on.
Further to this, Salisbury Highway (and I assume John Rice Ave) has changed to A9 - to reflect that it continues on as the Port River Expressway instead of South Rd, and the stretch of South Rd underneath the Superway has lost it's 'A' status altogether.

A21 (city ring route) has also been renamed R1, as seen in the infamous 'Wetern' signage fail.

SBD
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#2193 Post by SBD » Sun May 28, 2017 3:51 pm

Brucetiki wrote:
neoballmon wrote:Have noticed tonight that signs for South Road in the t2t area are getting the A13 changed to A2 to bring it in line with the M2 for the motorway.
Roads I noticed the change on were Ashwin Parade and Hawker Street.
Will be interesting to see if they alter all the way down to the Southern Expressway, where I assume it would remain A13 from there on.
Further to this, Salisbury Highway (and I assume John Rice Ave) has changed to A9 - to reflect that it continues on as the Port River Expressway instead of South Rd, and the stretch of South Rd underneath the Superway has lost it's 'A' status altogether.

A21 (city ring route) has also been renamed R1, as seen in the infamous 'Wetern' signage fail.
Does anyone know if there is a definitive list of what numbers correspond to which roads?

Gawler Bypass south of the NExpy junction and Main North Road in Elizabeth are signed as A53, but Main North Road near Blakeview/Smithfield (in between) is National A20.

Bacon
High Rise Poster!

#2194 Post by Bacon » Sun May 28, 2017 5:40 pm

Google maps says a52 from gepps cross all the way to nexy interchange

Maybe outdated signage?

SBD

#2195 Post by SBD » Mon May 29, 2017 5:23 pm

Bacon wrote:Google maps says a52 from gepps cross all the way to nexy interchange

Maybe outdated signage?
Quite likely outdated signage, but Google Maps is not definitive for SA road names and route numbers. Somebody must define them, but I can't find it in government gazettes or on DPTI website.

Mr Messy
Gold-Member ;)

#2196 Post by Mr Messy » Mon May 29, 2017 5:43 pm

SBD wrote:
Bacon wrote:Google maps says a52 from gepps cross all the way to nexy interchange

Maybe outdated signage?
Quite likely outdated signage, but Google Maps is not definitive for SA road names and route numbers. Somebody must define them, but I can't find it in government gazettes or on DPTI website.
https://data.sa.gov.au/data/dataset/trailblazer-roads

Aaronlange
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#2197 Post by Aaronlange » Tue May 30, 2017 2:18 pm

northen expressway has recently been changed from M20 to M2
Saw works trucks renaming all the signs a week or two ago. Now we have 3 seperate M2's : northern expressway, south road superway and southern expressway.

Brucetiki
Legendary Member!

#2198 Post by Brucetiki » Wed May 31, 2017 5:27 pm

SBD wrote:

Maybe outdated signage?
Yeah that would be outdated signange. When the Northern Expressway became M20 in 2010, Main North Rd got changed to A52.

ChillyPhilly

#2199 Post by ChillyPhilly » Sun Jun 04, 2017 12:14 am

Work on the Hawker Street bridge (T2T) is progressing well, with what looks like most of the decking laid down. Further north, the concrete for the Torrens Road bridge was pumped in late in the week.
Our state, our city, our future.

All views expressed on this forum are my own.

I Follow PAFC
High Rise Poster!

#2200 Post by I Follow PAFC » Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:37 pm

From https://www.facebook.com/DPTISA/
Torrens Road will be closed to through traffic at the South Road intersection from 7pm Friday 16 June to 6am Monday 19 June due to Torrens Road to River Torrens works.
- Westbound traffic should turn left at South Road and u-turn at Dartmouth Street to turn left onto Torrens Road.
- Eastbound traffic should turn left onto South Road and u-turn at Tait Street to turn left onto Torrens Road.
Please avoid the area if you can. Thank you for your patience.
To check other traffic restrictions in the area for this weekend, please visit www.t2talliance.com.au
I Follow The Port Adelaide Football Club
https://www.facebook.com/IFollowThePAFC/

muzzamo
Legendary Member!

#2201 Post by muzzamo » Thu Jun 22, 2017 4:58 pm

Perhaps somewhat expected, it appears that that the next priority in the N/S corridor through Adelaide will be Regency Road to Pym street - the temptation to cut a ribbon enabling a 50KM non stop link was obviously pretty high.
http://servicesa.cdn.on.net/budget20171 ... erview.pdf
The government will fund key
transport infrastructure projects if the
Commonwealth partners with the state.
The projects include:
NORTH SOUTH CORRIDOR
$415 million OVER THREE YEARS
To upgrade South Road from
Regency Road to Pym Street.

Norman
Donating Member
Donating Member

#2202 Post by Norman » Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:30 pm

This will obviously be contingent on federal funds throwing in 80% of the cost.

rev
SA MVP (Most Valued Poster 4000+)

#2203 Post by rev » Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:30 pm

They want the bulk of $400 million from the feds, in the lead up to a state election.
A state election fought against a pretty useless state Liberal party, which will no doubt again see federal Libs coming out to support state Lib candidates.
It's designed to pressure the feds into providing funding. If they don't, well Labor doesn't have to say or do much, because people will see Libs not funding infrastructure in the state, just like Labor cried at the federal budget.

Norman
Donating Member
Donating Member

#2204 Post by Norman » Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:24 pm

Part of the video that I posted includes the slow and steady progress of the pedestrian bridge over the motorway.

Start watching from about 3:55

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvYm0HwUtMA

Llessur2002

#2205 Post by Llessur2002 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:20 am

Norman wrote:Part of the video that I posted includes the slow and steady progress of the pedestrian bridge over the motorway.

Start watching from about 3:55

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvYm0HwUtMA
Such......slow......progress. Given the fact that they built and had trains running over the overpass in a matter of weeks it's excruciating to watch the tacking on of the comparatively minor shared path take literally months to be completed. Some days there are one or two people tinkering away at the point the concrete ramp will join the overpass but it's hard to see any significant progress here (although granted some lights and fencing have finally been installed on the eastern ramp).

Back in February the T2T enquiries people advised the shared path would be operational by April/May. When I contacted them again in mid-May they advised it would be open late July. Whether or not that actually occurs is anyone's guess.

On the plus side it looks as though there is a funded plan to connect the shared path to the new Torrens Junction shared path by the completion of the Torrens Junction project. I've put details in the Cycling Infrastructure thread.