[U/C] M2 North-South Motorway

Threads relating to transport, water, etc. within the CBD and Metropolitan area.
Hooligan
Legendary Member!

[U/C] Re: News & Discussion: South Road / North-South Corridor

#1021 Post by Hooligan » Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:53 pm

The Australian and South Australian Governments are getting on with building world class.....

This is where i stopped reading.

Code: Select all

Signature removed 

rubberman
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#1022 Post by rubberman » Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:58 pm

I have some difficulty in imagining what a 'world class' intersection or road duplication might be. Or more precisely, how one could make something extra-ordinary out of something that is quite mundane.

Surely not hyperbowl (sic)?

metro
Legendary Member!

#1023 Post by metro » Fri Oct 17, 2014 1:45 am

I don't get the "world-class" fetish all Australian governments seem to have :roll:

could have been said without dropping the world-class bomb on it:
1. Govt are getting on with building high quality infrastructure by today opening the tender...
2. Govt are getting on with building essential infrastructure by today opening the tender...
3. Govt are getting on with building bloody good infrastructure by today opening the tender...

alexczarn
Gold-Member ;)

#1024 Post by alexczarn » Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:50 am

Vee wrote:Tender call for early works on North-South Corridor
The Australian and South Australian Governments are getting on with building world class infrastructure by today opening the tender call for two early works projects for the North-South Corridor, Torrens Road to River Torrens Project.

The projects include an $11 million upgrade of the South Road and Richmond Road intersection and an $8.8 million duplication of James Congdon Drive, Mile End South.

The tender includes widening for an additional south bound lane on South Road at the intersection with Richmond Road and the provision of an additional city bound lane on Richmond Road between South Road and Railway Terrace.

In addition to this, James Congdon Drive will be duplicated between South Road and Sir Donald Bradman Drive with an additional right turn lane provided from South Road.

Upon completion, these upgrades will improve capacity and reduce delays for the thousands of motorists that use these sections along South Road every day.

These projects will also ease traffic congestion when major construction works on the Torrens Road to River Torrens Project gets underway in the second half of next year.

Major works on the upgrades are expected to commence in January 2015, and be completed by October 2015, weather permitting.
http://www.premier.sa.gov.au/images/new ... rridor.pdf
About time James Congdon Drive got duplicated, typical SA poor form building it just 2 lanes at the start.

HeapsGood
High Rise Poster!
Location: At the Adelaide Airport thankfully now not having to use a Dyson Airblade

#1025 Post by HeapsGood » Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:04 pm

Any updates on the Darlington project? My understanding is community engagement should have been completed and works are to start next year.
*Looks at Dyson Airblade Factory* "I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit, it's the only way to be sure"

ChillyPhilly

#1026 Post by ChillyPhilly » Sat Nov 01, 2014 3:20 am

HeapsGood wrote:Any updates on the Darlington project? My understanding is community engagement should have been completed and works are to start next year.
As it should, the community engagement process is ongoing until project completion. Timelines in the link below, early works were meant to have started in September.

http://www.infrastructure.sa.gov.au/__d ... ochure.pdf
Our state, our city, our future.

All views expressed on this forum are my own.

Xaragmata

#1027 Post by Xaragmata » Sat Dec 13, 2014 2:56 am

Pics from last month between Ashwin Parade & Port Road:

http://xaragmata.dyndns-web.com/album/c ... index.html

rev
SA MVP (Most Valued Poster 4000+)

#1028 Post by rev » Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:48 pm

Is it me or has demolition of properties slowed?

Patrick_27

#1029 Post by Patrick_27 » Mon Dec 15, 2014 4:20 pm

A source has told me that the warehouses behind the car-wash on the South-East corner of Port/South Road will be vacated by January and demolition will commence in February.

crawf
Donating Member
Donating Member

#1030 Post by crawf » Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:15 pm

That Abbotts building on the corner of South and Port Road has recently been demolished.

Nathan

#1031 Post by Nathan » Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:59 pm

crawf wrote:That Abbotts building on the corner of South and Port Road has recently been demolished.
It has? It was there on Saturday.

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member

#1032 Post by Ben » Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:50 am

Nathan wrote:
crawf wrote:That Abbotts building on the corner of South and Port Road has recently been demolished.
It got demolished on Sunday, I found out as I was going to get my car washed at the one on corner of south and port road which had also been demoslished :/ theres not much left to demolish.

rev
SA MVP (Most Valued Poster 4000+)

#1033 Post by rev » Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:56 pm

Ben wrote:
Nathan wrote:
It got demolished on Sunday, I found out as I was going to get my car washed at the one on corner of south and port road which had also been demoslished :/ theres not much left to demolish.
I drove past around 12.-12.30 last night and it was still being demolished.
I drove the full length of the T2T, and what surprised me was that there was only a single excavator/demolition site. I don't think I've seen more the one building being demolished anywhere along the route at once since this project started.

neoballmon
Legendary Member!

#1034 Post by neoballmon » Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:34 pm

Do they have to wait for 12 month leases to end before making the tennants leave? If so, then there's probably no rush to demolish other houses until the last person has vacated.
Looking forward to a free-flowing Adelaide!

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member

#1035 Post by Ben » Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:50 am

To be fair there really is only a handful left and they are usually demolished a couple of weeks after being vacated. I noticed the funeral home near the port road corner was still having services as recently as last night. not sure when they will be vacating.