COM: Adelaide Airport Carpark & Pedestrian Plaza

Threads relating to transport, water, etc. within the CBD and Metropolitan area.
fifty
High Rise Poster!

Re: U/C: Adelaide Airport Carpark & Pedestrian Plaza

#301 Post by fifty » Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:53 pm

Well, the international section of the airport must be approaching capacity now, in the mornings at least, so there will be a phase 2 development of the building at some point. Hopefully that is undertaken with a review of the dog's breakfast that is the car park/dropoff/pickup arrangement, and plaza, to let this airport match it's potential.

Seriously, whoever thought up that car park/pickup/dropoff arrangement has never flown. Absolute joke!

claybro
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#302 Post by claybro » Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:55 pm

spiller wrote:They really do need some food and retail here, but as others have suggested, people usually want to check in as soon as they arrive so that might not be viable.
This does get mentioned quite a bit, but other airports with external food outlets seem to do quite well. Granted many of these have duel access from inside the terminals, but face outward, one that springs to mind is the "Dome Cafe" at Perths domestic terminal. That airport is an abomination, but the cafe is always quite busy out the front. another airport with a nice bar facing outward is Coolangatta.

Uncle Monty
High Rise Poster!

#303 Post by Uncle Monty » Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:30 pm

In today's Advertiser they are calling for tenders for an 'Adelaide Airport Subway Store and Plaza Amenities Building'. Anyone know where the Subway is going, presumably inside the terminal somewhere?

AdelaideAlive
High Rise Poster!

#304 Post by AdelaideAlive » Sat Dec 14, 2013 12:09 am

anyone else seen the water feature currently being built in plaza looks pretty good from pics like a river streaming through the plaza,breaks up the paver effect quite well

Brazer
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#305 Post by Brazer » Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:38 pm

According to their Facebook page a new bar has opened today in the plaza. Named the Thomas Cooper Bar. If anyone is heading to the airport. Would be keen to see some pics! :)

AG
VIP Member
VIP Member

#306 Post by AG » Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:44 pm

Brazer wrote:According to their Facebook page a new bar has opened today in the plaza. Named the Thomas Cooper Bar. If anyone is heading to the airport. Would be keen to see some pics! :)
I saw this being finished off when I flew into Adelaide over the weekend. Couldn't get any photos though as I was in a hurry, unfortunately. I will be back there in January though.

Nathan
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#307 Post by Nathan » Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:49 pm

So a third Coopers bar then? (I've never quite got having the Coopers Alehouse and 1862 Bar right next to each other...)

Matt
Legendary Member!

#308 Post by Matt » Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:50 pm

AdelaideAlive wrote:anyone else seen the water feature currently being built in plaza looks pretty good from pics like a river streaming through the plaza,breaks up the paver effect quite well
This sounds great - where are the pics you speak of?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AdelaideAlive
High Rise Poster!

#309 Post by AdelaideAlive » Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:30 pm

Matt wrote:
AdelaideAlive wrote:anyone else seen the water feature currently being built in plaza looks pretty good from pics like a river streaming through the plaza,breaks up the paver effect quite well
This sounds great - where are the pics you speak of?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
sorry probably should of explained better, meant to say the bunting surrounding the worksite images looked good from what I could see