News & Discussion: Adelaide Airport & Airlines

Threads relating to transport, water, etc. within the CBD and Metropolitan area.
muzzamo
Legendary Member!

Re: Adelaide Airport & Airline News

#586 Post by muzzamo » Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:40 am

good news, but isn't singapore already operating an extended adelaide schedule? I guess this means that they are running it beyond the summer.

I still think/hope singapore will later reduce the extra frequency and replace it with scoot.

Personally I'm hoping that Cathay decide to extend their summer schedule too. At the moment I've got a flight to hong kong the week after the summer schedule ends, making it non-direct (via melbourne) :-( Would be happy for them to modify my flight.

bm7500
Donating Member
Donating Member

#587 Post by bm7500 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:47 am

muzzamo wrote:good news, but isn't singapore already operating an extended adelaide schedule? I guess this means that they are running it beyond the summer.

I still think/hope singapore will later reduce the extra frequency and replace it with scoot.

Personally I'm hoping that Cathay decide to extend their summer schedule too. At the moment I've got a flight to hong kong the week after the summer schedule ends, making it non-direct (via melbourne) :-( Would be happy for them to modify my flight.
SQ are operating an extended Summer schedule using Boeing 777 aircraft to supplement their Airbus A330 services. The announcement above appears to mean that it will become the norm (although they don't mention the aircraft type used from March) and will be re-evaluated later next year.

Unlike you, I’m not hoping that SQ sacrifice any of their flights in the future. Whilst I would welcome Scoot, it wouldn't be good if it was at the expense of SQ mainline services. Besides, I’m not a fan of sitting on a B777 with over 400 other people in the cramped 3-4-3 seating layout (meaning noticeably narrower seats) for several hours, no matter how cheap the fare!
ADELAIDE SINGAPORE LONDON BERLIN AMSTERDAM PARIS TOKYO AUCKLAND DOHA DUBLIN HONG KONG BANGKOK REYKJAVIK ROME MADRID BUDAPEST COPENHAGEN ZURICH BRUSSELS VIENNA PRAGUE STOCKHOLM LUXEMBOURG BRATISLAVA NASSAU DUBAI BAHRAIN KUALA LUMPUR HELSINKI GENEVA

muzzamo
Legendary Member!

#588 Post by muzzamo » Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:27 pm

bm7500 wrote:
Unlike you, I’m not hoping that SQ sacrifice any of their flights in the future. Whilst I would welcome Scoot, it wouldn't be good if it was at the expense of SQ mainline services. Besides, I’m not a fan of sitting on a B777 with over 400 other people in the cramped 3-4-3 seating layout (meaning noticeably narrower seats) for several hours, no matter how cheap the fare!
I am a fan :-) Anything that gets me to Asia cheaper is awesome imo. Adelaide is seriously lacking in this space.

Maximus
Legendary Member!

#589 Post by Maximus » Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:25 pm

bm7500 wrote:
muzzamo wrote:good news, but isn't singapore already operating an extended adelaide schedule? I guess this means that they are running it beyond the summer.
SQ are operating an extended Summer schedule using Boeing 777 aircraft to supplement their Airbus A330 services. The announcement above appears to mean that it will become the norm (although they don't mention the aircraft type used from March) and will be re-evaluated later next year.
Confirmed...
Singapore Airlines boosts SA flights

* by: Tourism writer Stuart Innes
* December 21, 2011 12:00AM

SINGAPORE Airlines will become the first international carrier to fly to Adelaide up to twice a day, from early July.

From December 9 to January 31, it is running supplementary flights three days a week in and out of Adelaide, non-stop to and from Singapore. It confirmed yesterday the 10 flights a week would be introduced on a permanent schedule, from July 2.

"We have always been looking at increasing services to Adelaide, and this is the right time due to the strong demand," airline state manager Andrew Soo said.

All 10 weekly flights from July will use Airbus A330 wide-body aircraft, with 35 business-class and 255 economy seats. The A330s are now used on the daily flights while this summer's supplementary flights are on older Boeing 777 jets.

The extra flights will give travellers from Adelaide greater flexibility in timing their arrival in Singapore to connect with flights to Asia, Europe or the Americas.

The extra flights will benefit the SA tourism industry and Adelaide Airport Limited managing director Mark Young said they were great news for passengers travelling to Asia.

"Adelaide Airport has experienced record international passenger numbers in 2011 and (Singapore Airlines') announcement is further evidence international carriers are recognising the demand in SA for their services," he said.

Trade Minister Tom Koutsantonis said the extra flights reflected the growing tourism and investment market Adelaide provided to Asia and beyond.
It's = it is; its = everything else.
You're = you are; your = belongs to.
Than = comparative ("bigger than"); then = next.

HeapsGood
High Rise Poster!
Location: At the Adelaide Airport thankfully now not having to use a Dyson Airblade

#590 Post by HeapsGood » Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:26 pm

Im glad i'm not the only one who thinks the Dyson Airblade is a terrible piece of crap...

http://blog.kamens.us/2010/10/26/dyson- ... -hygienic/

Doesnt sound very hygienic either.
*Looks at Dyson Airblade Factory* "I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit, it's the only way to be sure"

Maximus
Legendary Member!

#591 Post by Maximus » Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:35 pm

HeapsGood wrote:Im glad i'm not the only one who thinks the Dyson Airblade is a terrible piece of crap...

I'm all for discussing the pros and cons of the Dyson Airblade, but may I suggest the discussion be moved to its own thread in The Pub. The relevance of the Dyson Airblade to 'Adelaide Airport and Airline News' is tenuous at best.
It's = it is; its = everything else.
You're = you are; your = belongs to.
Than = comparative ("bigger than"); then = next.

Nathan
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#592 Post by Nathan » Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:07 pm

It's extremely relevant. I also think we should debate the choice of hand railing on the travelators, and the whether the delay on the sensors for the automatic doors is about right. I'm sure I could dig up a blog post about them somewhere on the Internet.

:wink:

Waewick

#593 Post by Waewick » Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:05 pm

HeapsGood wrote:Im glad i'm not the only one who thinks the Dyson Airblade is a terrible piece of crap...

that guy sounds like a douche.

I have used the airblade or equivlaents all over the world (in some parts they are built into the sink)

they work just as well as any other hand unit

Hooligan
Legendary Member!

#594 Post by Hooligan » Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:11 pm

When you can find the time to write something like that about a hand dryer you just know you have no purpose in life.

Code: Select all

Signature removed 

mickmat
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#595 Post by mickmat » Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:09 pm

5dme.net did an interview yesterday with mark young, aal managing director and it was stated in the interview that they are targeting middle east and chinese airlines. they also just finished their travel to the middle east to talk with airlines to start flights to adelaide seeing more services in the near future.

[Shuz]

#596 Post by [Shuz] » Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:24 pm

mickmat wrote:5dme.net did an interview yesterday with mark young, aal managing director and it was stated in the interview that they are targeting middle east and chinese airlines. they also just finished their travel to the middle east to talk with airlines to start flights to adelaide seeing more services in the near future.
Did he say anything about the Dyson? Will they be installing more AirBlades?
Any views and opinions expressed are of my own, and do not reflect the views or opinions of any organisation of which I have an affiliation with.

Howie
VIP Member
VIP Member

Adelaide Airport & Airline News

#597 Post by Howie » Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:31 pm

mickmat wrote:5dme.net did an interview yesterday with mark young, aal managing director and it was stated in the interview that they are targeting middle east and chinese airlines. they also just finished their travel to the middle east to talk with airlines to start flights to adelaide seeing more services in the near future.
Nice, would love to see frequent direct flights to Dubai and Abu Dhabi from Adelaide.

HeapsGood
High Rise Poster!
Location: At the Adelaide Airport thankfully now not having to use a Dyson Airblade

#598 Post by HeapsGood » Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:04 pm

Hooligan wrote: When you can find the time to write something like that about a hand dryer you just know you have no purpose in life.
I didnt write it :p I agree with it though lol
Nathan wrote:It's extremely relevant. I also think we should debate the choice of hand railing on the travelators, and the whether the delay on the sensors for the automatic doors is about right. I'm sure I could dig up a blog post about them somewhere on the Internet.

:wink:
:lol:
*Looks at Dyson Airblade Factory* "I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit, it's the only way to be sure"

Ho Really

#599 Post by Ho Really » Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:05 pm

It seems it is only a matter of when not if for Emirates to fly into Adelaide according to Emirates Australasia vice president Barry Brown in an interview in Travel Today (December 22).
Emirates will fly to Adelaide

Emirates will fly to Adelaide at some point – but no timeframe has been established.

Australasia vice president Barry Brown said the airline’s president, Tim Clark, confirmed earlier this year that it’s a case of when, rather than if it serves the South Australian capital.

“We took our top customers to Wolgan Valley and they asked him about Adelaide,”

Brown said. “He said, ‘look, I’ve made no secret about it, we will serve Adelaide, I just can’t give you a time.’”

“So it’s on the radar.”

Brown said the Olympic Dam project in South Australia has been picked up by the airline’s planning team which could potentially influence a decision.

Travel Today
Cheers
Confucius say: Dumb man climb tree to get cherry, wise man spread limbs.

crawf
Donating Member
Donating Member

#600 Post by crawf » Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:51 am

They have been saying that for years now....