News & Discussion: Adelaide Airport & Airlines

Threads relating to transport, water, etc. within the CBD and Metropolitan area.
ChillyPhilly
Super Size Scraper Poster!

Re: News & Discussion: Adelaide Airport & Airlines

#1366 Post by ChillyPhilly » Sun Feb 15, 2015 2:48 am

Ho Really wrote:
Brucetiki wrote:
ChillyPhilly wrote:Qantas 747 currently in - a rare sight for Adelaide!
Was a Phil Hoffman Travel charter for one of their Antartica flyovers. Flying out of Adelaide today sometime. It's a relatively new plane by Qantas' standards at just 12 years old.

Here's an image from the other night taken at 22:16 of the QANTAS B747 in front of Emirates EK441 (B777-300) in a near full house at Adelaide Airport.

Cheers
One of those two Jetstar planes was mine! :P
Our state, our city, our future.

All views expressed on this forum are my own.

Brucetiki
Legendary Member!

#1367 Post by Brucetiki » Sun Feb 15, 2015 8:02 pm

Heard on ABC Radio today that for those Indian/Pakistani supporters who are flying out tomorrow but have no accommodation tonight can spend the night at the airport for free.

metro
Legendary Member!

#1368 Post by metro » Sun Feb 15, 2015 10:50 pm

Brucetiki wrote:Heard on ABC Radio today that for those Indian/Pakistani supporters who are flying out tomorrow but have no accommodation tonight can spend the night at the airport for free.
Is the airport terminal even allowed to accommodate people overnight? you'd think there'd be laws and safety regulations that would forbid such a thing :?

Ho Really

#1369 Post by Ho Really » Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:37 am

They said something like 5000 fans were going to camp at the airport overnight waiting for morning flights. They even put up a giant screen for them to watch Bollywood shows. If the Airport Hotel was already up it still wouldn't be enough! Wow! Goes to show you that we need to expand facilities down there if we want to attract more international visitors. Anyhow a good omen I would think.

Cheers
Confucius say: Dumb man climb tree to get cherry, wise man spread limbs.

how good is he
Legendary Member!

#1370 Post by how good is he » Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:29 pm

The news on TV said all the hotels in Adelaide were all fully booked out and probably that's why the airport accommodated them (given them even bean bags etc) for a place to sleep.

dsriggs
Legendary Member!

#1371 Post by dsriggs » Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:12 am

Yeah, you're not going to be getting India vs Pakistan in the cricket World Cup right in the middle of the Fringe Festival again any time soon.

ChillyPhilly

#1372 Post by ChillyPhilly » Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:23 am

metro wrote:
Brucetiki wrote:Heard on ABC Radio today that for those Indian/Pakistani supporters who are flying out tomorrow but have no accommodation tonight can spend the night at the airport for free.
Is the airport terminal even allowed to accommodate people overnight? you'd think there'd be laws and safety regulations that would forbid such a thing :?
Head to Dubai.
Our state, our city, our future.

All views expressed on this forum are my own.

Ho Really

#1373 Post by Ho Really » Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:03 am

Ho Really wrote:
Ho Really wrote:[...]

Following on what I posted earlier about Chinese airlines and flights to Adelaide, it is interesting that at Flight Centre's (free admission) Travel Expo to be held at the Adelaide Entertainment Centre, Hindmarsh on the weekend of February 21-22, Air China will be present as an exhibitor. In the past China Southern has had a presence there. I guess Air China are putting out their feelers.

[...]
I actually went to Flight Centre's free Travel Expo and spoke to the fellow in the Air China booth. He said he hasn't heard anything and doubts there will be any flights in/out of Adelaide in the short term. He said decisions are made on numbers (demand) and it's Beijing's call. Logical. Anyway they are very interested in us going there. Unfortunately that means going to Melbourne or Sydney if you want to fly Air China (Star Alliance). The other option is Cathay Pacific (oneworld) via Hong Kong. In the meantime let's hope Leon Bignall and the SA Government has learnt some Manadarin and are chasing those Chinese tourists!

Cheers
Confucius say: Dumb man climb tree to get cherry, wise man spread limbs.

jimbly
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#1374 Post by jimbly » Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:00 am

AirAsia X plans expansion in Australia and Europe
In the near future, Sydney services would return to double-daily (by December if not before), Adelaide will rejoin the network, Perth will have capacity added and there will be a new Sydney-Bali route, he said.
Good news (I think?)

http://www.impactpub.com.au/micebtn/ind ... &Itemid=50

Splashmo
High Rise Poster!

#1375 Post by Splashmo » Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:11 pm

But has AirAsia X burned all its bridges with the negative publicity around cancellations and slow refunds - or will there always be a market for cheap fares?

ghs

#1376 Post by ghs » Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:09 pm

That's great news.

rev
SA MVP (Most Valued Poster 4000+)

#1377 Post by rev » Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:16 am

Splashmo wrote:But has AirAsia X burned all its bridges with the negative publicity around cancellations and slow refunds - or will there always be a market for cheap fares?
There will always be tight asses looking for the cheapest prices.
Air Asia X will be fine if they come back to Adelaide.

Nathan

#1378 Post by Nathan » Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:55 am

rev wrote:
Splashmo wrote:But has AirAsia X burned all its bridges with the negative publicity around cancellations and slow refunds - or will there always be a market for cheap fares?
So people who spend money are stuck up yuppies, and people who look for cheap flights are tight arses?

:|

rev
SA MVP (Most Valued Poster 4000+)

#1379 Post by rev » Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:48 pm

Nathan wrote:
rev wrote:
So people who spend money are stuck up yuppies, and people who look for cheap flights are tight arses?

:|
LOL do I actually have to explain "tight ass" to this guy now?

A lot of people who travel to Asia do so on a budget. They look for the cheapest flights they can find, and they look for cheap accomodation while there.

What's my post in another thread got to do with Air Asia X?
When did I say people who spend money are stuck up yuppies?

Seems like you've taken my comment in another thread to heart..what's wrong, where you one of the yuppies in the photo I commented on? :wink:

Nathan

#1380 Post by Nathan » Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:55 pm

No, just thought it was curious that you were having a dig at people at an upmarket bar, then having a dig at people who fly budget airlines, within minutes of each other.