News & Discussion: Adelaide Airport & Airlines

Threads relating to transport, water, etc. within the CBD and Metropolitan area.
Nathan
Super Size Scraper Poster!

Re: News & Discussion: Adelaide Airport & Airlines

#1801 Post by Nathan » Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:52 pm

OlympusAnt wrote:How is Adelaide ranked worse than Sydney :hilarious: :hilarious:

If anyone has never experienced US airports, Adelaide is plain sailing compared to them. I visited many airports throughout my stay there and the only one that was comparable to Adelaide was Indianapolis.
Aside from international departures, I vastly prefer ADL than any other airport in this country.

adelaide transport
High Rise Poster!

#1802 Post by adelaide transport » Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:02 pm

Dazzeland wrote:
Splashmo wrote:Air New Zealand will add three weekly 787 flights to Auckland to the existing A320 services - surprising but pleasing announcement. I'm still hoping for direct flights to the South Island.
Seriously? Do you have a source mate?
Air New Zealand Director and our Tourism Minister Leon Bignell made the announcement this afternoon.The 787 will begin flying into Adelaide from October this year,meaning a capacity increase of 23%.
The 787 will operate into Adelaide on Wednesday,Friday and Sundaysarriving here at 1040am,and departing for the return journey to Auckland at 1155am.
A320's will operate Mondays,Tuesdays,Sundays-same times.This will operate from December 16th to January 27th 2018.

No services on Thursdays.

OlympusAnt
High Rise Poster!

#1803 Post by OlympusAnt » Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:45 pm

Nathan wrote:
OlympusAnt wrote:How is Adelaide ranked worse than Sydney :hilarious: :hilarious:

If anyone has never experienced US airports, Adelaide is plain sailing compared to them. I visited many airports throughout my stay there and the only one that was comparable to Adelaide was Indianapolis.
Aside from international departures, I vastly prefer ADL than any other airport in this country.
Melbourne easily the best for international - the interconnected terminals save so much time and money
Follow me on Flickr

http://www.flickr.com/photos/135625678@N06/

Splashmo
High Rise Poster!

#1804 Post by Splashmo » Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:49 pm

Apparently Qatar Airways is also going daily from December so there must be some demand to/from Adelaide.

SouthAussie94
Legendary Member!

#1805 Post by SouthAussie94 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:35 pm

Splashmo wrote:Apparently Qatar Airways is also going daily from December so there must be some demand to/from Adelaide.
Their intention was always to fly daily. The thing that stopped this was the delay in them receiving new aircraft from Boeing. They had to cancel flights on numerous routes because of this
Last edited by SouthAussie94 on Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"All we are is bags of bones pushing against a self imposed tide. Just be content with staying alive"

Views and opinions expressed are my own and don't necessarily reflect the views or opinions of any organisation of which I have an affiliation

SRW
Donating Member
Donating Member

#1806 Post by SRW » Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:47 pm

Interestingly I would vote Brisbane the most unpleasant major Australian airport, though this survey ranks it as best. I wouldn't put much stock in it.
Keep Adelaide Weird

Nathan

#1807 Post by Nathan » Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:03 pm

SRW wrote:Interestingly I would vote Brisbane the most unpleasant major Australian airport, though this survey ranks it as best. I wouldn't put much stock in it.
International was recently redone, and it's rather nice. Brisbane domestic though, I'd rather not do that again.

EBG

#1808 Post by EBG » Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:46 pm

last time I flew to Sydney ( on Tiger Air lines) we arrived at gate 99 2/3 and walked several km's to the baggage claim then several more km's to the private car pick up zone . Never again.

Brucetiki
Legendary Member!

#1809 Post by Brucetiki » Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:46 pm

SouthAussie94 wrote:
Splashmo wrote:Apparently Qatar Airways is also going daily from December so there must be some demand to/from Adelaide.
Their intention was always to fly daily. The thing that stopped this was the delay in them receiving new aircraft from Boeing. They had to cancel flights on numerous routes because of this
You mean Airbus right, they do the A350's.

Brucetiki
Legendary Member!

#1810 Post by Brucetiki » Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:50 pm

EBG wrote:last time I flew to Sydney ( on Tiger Air lines) we arrived at gate 99 2/3 and walked several km's to the baggage claim then several more km's to the private car pick up zone . Never again.
Sydney airport is just plain horrible. Last time I flew in, we ended up having to get bussed from the tarmac to the terminal. Also took over 90 minutes to check-in and get to my gate when departing.

OlympusAnt
High Rise Poster!

#1811 Post by OlympusAnt » Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:14 pm

The second Sydney Airport can't come soon enough
Follow me on Flickr

http://www.flickr.com/photos/135625678@N06/

Ho Really

#1812 Post by Ho Really » Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:10 pm

Yes, we've got a great airport let down by the international arrivals/departures. We don't need to impress locals, it's those from overseas. They do the spruiking for us, the free publicity you cannot pay for. So it would be nice if they did an upgrade. I know there will be one, but it should be a priority.

My major gripe is that every time I come home from abroad I always feel uneasy. Our border force can be very arrogant and loud. Some of them seem to have a chip on their shoulder. It could be that Adelaide is such a small place they need to show their authority and not be left behind by their East Coast counterparts. Something I've never felt or been subjected to in arguably the two best airports in the world, Singapore and Hong Kong. Where security is very good. Even in Europe where they are armed with machine guns. Perhaps they're one-offs and someone has had a bad day, but a bit of politeness, a smile and softly spoken words without the barking would go a long way. It's sad.

Anyone else get this impression?

Cheers
Confucius say: Dumb man climb tree to get cherry, wise man spread limbs.

Norman
Donating Member
Donating Member

#1813 Post by Norman » Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:18 pm

The Border Force staff I have encountered at every Australian airport I have been through have been friendly and courteous. The US and UK on the other hand...

crawf
Donating Member
Donating Member

#1814 Post by crawf » Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:01 am

Ho Really wrote: My major gripe is that every time I come home from abroad I always feel uneasy. Our border force can be very arrogant and loud. Some of them seem to have a chip on their shoulder. It could be that Adelaide is such a small place they need to show their authority and not be left behind by their East Coast counterparts.
I found customs at Melbourne Airport to be extremely arrogant and rude.

jimbly
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#1815 Post by jimbly » Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:19 pm

Air New Zealand to operate 787-9 to Adelaide

Already announced but spotted this...
The decision to use the 787-9 to Adelaide will mean a reduction in frequency to three flights a week. However, Air New Zealand said it would add three A320 services on the route during the summer holiday period between December 2017 and January 2018.
If true, not such good news...

http://australianaviation.com.au/2017/0 ... -adelaide/