News & Discussion: Adelaide Airport & Airlines

Threads relating to transport, water, etc. within the CBD and Metropolitan area.
Patrick_27
Super Size Scraper Poster!

Re: News & Discussion: Adelaide Airport & Airlines

#1771 Post by Patrick_27 » Sat Dec 17, 2016 4:16 pm

Brucetiki wrote:I see that China Southern are using the old Air Asia X check in desks in the back corner of the arrivals hall (where QantasLink passengers come in when they arrive).

If we're going to look at more international carriers do we need to look at expanding the check-in area?
We shouldn't be looking to encourage any more international carriers here until we develop our 'semi-permanent' style international departures and arrivals into something more permanent and we expand our check-in hall. Perhaps instead of having all of the check in counters run along the wall, they could have them run in rows coming out from the wall.

Vee
Legendary Member!

#1772 Post by Vee » Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:22 pm

Brucetiki wrote:I see that China Southern are using the old Air Asia X check in desks in the back corner of the arrivals hall (where QantasLink passengers come in when they arrive).

If we're going to look at more international carriers do we need to look at expanding the check-in area?
Agree with others that AAL needs to look at improvements to baggage carousel, check-in counters, international arrival/departure areas to complement the push to increasing international traffic.

The China Southern direct flights are great for regular exports of our high quality, highly sought after fresh SA produce as well as obvious tourism benefits.
Tourism Australia noted China Southern carried a fifth of all Chinese arrivals into Australia, more than any international carrier.
Next?!?
Adelaide Airport keen on nonstop US flights after welcoming China Southern inaugural service.
Australian Aviation:
http://australianaviation.com.au/2016/1 ... inaugural/

Not sure about the AAL priority in chasing the US market?

rev
SA MVP (Most Valued Poster 4000+)

#1773 Post by rev » Mon Dec 19, 2016 2:38 am

Vee wrote:

Agree with others that AAL needs to look at improvements to baggage carousel, check-in counters, international arrival/departure areas to complement the push to increasing international traffic.

The China Southern direct flights are great for regular exports of our high quality, highly sought after fresh SA produce as well as obvious tourism benefits.
Tourism Australia noted China Southern carried a fifth of all Chinese arrivals into Australia, more than any international carrier.
Next?!?
Adelaide Airport keen on nonstop US flights after welcoming China Southern inaugural service.
Australian Aviation:
http://australianaviation.com.au/2016/1 ... inaugural/

Not sure about the AAL priority in chasing the US market?
Perhaps when/if they expand the terminal, they'll also improve/expand the baggage collection area.

OlympusAnt
High Rise Poster!

#1774 Post by OlympusAnt » Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:49 am

Fiji Airways announced today that they are flying direct between Adelaide and Nadi from June 30, 2017. Flights will operate twice a week on Mondays and Fridays on a Boeing 737.
:) :) :) :)

I was thinking this might be a possibility and its pretty cool to get the airline.

Their fleet is only 9 aircraft, so they have a smaller selection of routes than most other airlines.
Follow me on Flickr

http://www.flickr.com/photos/135625678@N06/

rev
SA MVP (Most Valued Poster 4000+)

#1775 Post by rev » Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:26 pm

Wow that ones totally unexpected. And so soon after China Southern.
It will be interesting to see what they come up with for direct flights to the USA.

OlympusAnt
High Rise Poster!

#1776 Post by OlympusAnt » Wed Dec 21, 2016 7:25 pm

I reckon something to Honolulu is on the cards.

The thing I can see being a problem with direct to LAX or SFO is meeting ETOPS requirements
Follow me on Flickr

http://www.flickr.com/photos/135625678@N06/

Stefan P
High Rise Poster!

#1777 Post by Stefan P » Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:00 pm

OlympusAnt wrote:
Fiji Airways announced today that they are flying direct between Adelaide and Nadi from June 30, 2017. Flights will operate twice a week on Mondays and Fridays on a Boeing 737.
:) :) :) :)

I was thinking this might be a possibility and its pretty cool to get the airline.

Their fleet is only 9 aircraft, so they have a smaller selection of routes than most other airlines.
Unfortunately the flights will be nocturnal...

Flight operate Monday and Friday...

FJ961 Dep NAN 1630 Arr ADL 2030
FJ960 Dep ADL 2200 Arr NAN 0535+1

the timings are good for San Francisco connections. LAX is a minimum 10hr layover.
Stefan

ghs

#1778 Post by ghs » Thu Dec 22, 2016 7:17 pm

That's pretty cool.

2 Flights a week is interesting.

Surely the flight attendants and pilots arriving on a monday evening wouldn't stay in Adelaide until Friday.
So they must go back to Fiji via Melbourne or Sydney ?

Alyx
High Rise Poster!

#1779 Post by Alyx » Thu Dec 29, 2016 5:06 pm

Adelaide Airport is playing host to several diverted aircraft this afternoon.

Sichuan Airlines flight CSC601 - an A330, which was travelling between Chengdu and Melbourne - touched down in Adelaide moments ago. It joins Qantas flight QFA772 - another A330, which was travelling between Perth and Melbourne - as well as Jetstar and Tigerair flights originating from Queensland.

ghs

#1780 Post by ghs » Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:02 pm

I was at the airport today and noticed a few guys working outside the area where the rex flights
arrive / depart. Is this initial testing / site work for the hotel ?

ChillyPhilly

#1781 Post by ChillyPhilly » Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:01 pm

ghs wrote:I was at the airport today and noticed a few guys working outside the area where the rex flights
arrive / depart. Is this initial testing / site work for the hotel ?
I saw that too. There was a pile of dirt or something. Minor remediation work?
Our state, our city, our future.

All views expressed on this forum are my own.

ralmin
Gold-Member ;)

#1782 Post by ralmin » Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:49 pm

ghs wrote:Surely the flight attendants and pilots arriving on a monday evening wouldn't stay in Adelaide until Friday.
So they must go back to Fiji via Melbourne or Sydney ?
I read the information as if both flights operate on Friday and both again on Monday.

In that case the crew arriving in Adelaide at 8:30pm Monday would get straight back on the plane and take the 10:00pm flight back to Nadi the same evening. My question is, would they be back on duty for the return flight, or would a different crew who were resting on the first journey then take over for the return flight?

FJ961 Dep NAN 1630 Arr ADL 2030 (6 hours 30 mins against the wind)
FJ960 Dep ADL 2200 Arr NAN 0535+ (5 hours 5 mins with the wind)

Pikey
VIP Member
VIP Member

#1783 Post by Pikey » Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:55 pm

I will start a new thread for the new Airport hotel. We arrived back last night and the site works are well underway. The work on removing the overpass has commenced and the hotel site is fenced off.
Walking on over....

| Sensational-Adelaide.com Moderator |

Stefan P
High Rise Poster!

#1784 Post by Stefan P » Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:30 pm

Evening all,

Cathay Pacific will increase to 5x weekly all year round from July 6th 2017. Currently this flight 5th flight has been operating for the past 2 summers from December to March.
Stefan

ghs

#1785 Post by ghs » Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:24 pm

How is China southern going in terms of passenger
numbers ?
Last edited by ghs on Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.