News & Discussion: Adelaide Airport & Airlines

Threads relating to transport, water, etc. within the CBD and Metropolitan area.
mickmat
Sen-Rookie-Sational

Re: Adelaide Airport & Airline News

#541 Post by mickmat » Fri Sep 30, 2011 2:44 pm

Australia and Japan Have now agreed on Open Skies between Australia and Haneda Intl. With a newly built international terminal.
Who Knows Maybe we Could See Japanese Airlines fly Here or even jetstar or qantas flying services direct from here

Splashmo
High Rise Poster!

#542 Post by Splashmo » Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:54 pm

I think that's a bit of a pipe dream - Melbourne and Perth couldn't even sustain services to Japan in the eyes of Qantas. I do think Jetstar should realise the potential of more Australian tourists going there and stop making people go via the Gold Coast and Cairns.

mickmat
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#543 Post by mickmat » Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:26 pm

Splashmo wrote:I think that's a bit of a pipe dream - Melbourne and Perth couldn't even sustain services to Japan in the eyes of Qantas. I do think Jetstar should realise the potential of more Australian tourists going there and stop making people go via the Gold Coast and Cairns.
true that but honestly Qantas Isn't really 'The Spirit of Australia' because they just focus on sydney and thats just about it. ok its the largest city and tourist destinations of Australia but c'mon we don't even get daily flights to singapore from here.
Qantas spirit of sydney

mickmat
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#544 Post by mickmat » Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:49 pm

it would be good to see Strategic airlines (soon to be Air Australia) operate its international services from here to Phuket and Honolulu and Denpasar (seeing we only have currently 1 airline flying to Denpasar and 0 to the other 2 islands) and as well as domestic

bm7500
Donating Member
Donating Member

#545 Post by bm7500 » Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:46 pm

Hi mickmat, I appreciate your enthusiasm on all things aviation but this thread is reserved for actual news relating to Adelaide Airport and relevent news about the airlines who fly here.

If you have some ideas on what Adelaide Airport could be or a wish list of airlines/aircraft to fly here its best that you post your thoughts either in the Visions Thread here: http://www.sensational-adelaide.com/for ... m.php?f=17 or the 'Pub' here: http://www.sensational-adelaide.com/for ... um.php?f=4

Cheers!
ADELAIDE SINGAPORE LONDON BERLIN AMSTERDAM PARIS TOKYO AUCKLAND DOHA DUBLIN HONG KONG BANGKOK REYKJAVIK ROME MADRID BUDAPEST COPENHAGEN ZURICH BRUSSELS VIENNA PRAGUE STOCKHOLM LUXEMBOURG BRATISLAVA NASSAU DUBAI BAHRAIN KUALA LUMPUR HELSINKI GENEVA

Aidan
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#546 Post by Aidan » Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:25 am

bm7500 wrote:Hi mickmat, I appreciate your enthusiasm on all things aviation but this thread is reserved for actual news relating to Adelaide Airport and relevent news about the airlines who fly here.

If you have some ideas on what Adelaide Airport could be or a wish list of airlines/aircraft to fly here its best that you post your thoughts either in the Visions Thread here: http://www.sensational-adelaide.com/for ... m.php?f=17 or the 'Pub' here: http://www.sensational-adelaide.com/for ... um.php?f=4
I have created a thread in the Visions & Suggestions section for discussing what we'd like to see flying to Adelaide.
Just build it wrote:Bye Union Hall. I'll see you in another life, when we are both cats.

mickmat
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#547 Post by mickmat » Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:35 am

ok thanks im sorry about that but nobody looks at those posts anymore so i thought i should post on this one instead...ill know for next time
:cheers:

mickmat
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#548 Post by mickmat » Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:17 pm

around 10 o'clock today i could see landing in the distance an aircraft with a blue star and a white tail with arabic writing right across the outside of the fueselage does anybody know what aircraft it was

rogue
Donating Member
Donating Member

#549 Post by rogue » Fri Oct 07, 2011 3:21 pm

bm7500
Donating Member
Donating Member

#550 Post by bm7500 » Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:16 am

Adelaide to Beijing direct target

THE SA Government is working on starting direct flights from Beijing to take advantage of the Chinese market.

New Tourism Minister Gail Gago said the Government was engaged with several international airlines to develop more flights to and from Adelaide, including China. "Direct flights deliver obvious benefits for business, trade and tourism," she said.

"The Government is actively promoting these links and will continue to do so."

Tourism Australia head Andrew McEvoy said Adelaide needed direct, non-stop flights to China to help SA meet its target of attracting $720 million a year from Chinese tourists by 2020.

Mr McEvoy, in Adelaide yesterday to give tourism industry operators an up-date on TA's work and research, said Asian travellers were attracted by wine (and wine regions) as well as wildlife - and SA was well set to cater for those.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au
ADELAIDE SINGAPORE LONDON BERLIN AMSTERDAM PARIS TOKYO AUCKLAND DOHA DUBLIN HONG KONG BANGKOK REYKJAVIK ROME MADRID BUDAPEST COPENHAGEN ZURICH BRUSSELS VIENNA PRAGUE STOCKHOLM LUXEMBOURG BRATISLAVA NASSAU DUBAI BAHRAIN KUALA LUMPUR HELSINKI GENEVA

crawf
Donating Member
Donating Member

#551 Post by crawf » Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:48 am

Fingers crossed :)

jimbly
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#552 Post by jimbly » Tue Nov 01, 2011 3:21 pm

Chinese airline considers Adelaide flights

November 01, 2011 1:00AM
CHINA'S biggest airline is looking to add Adelaide as a destination as it expands flights to Australia.

"Adelaide is among the cities under consideration," China Southern Airlines regional manager for Australia Henry He said.

China Southern, the world's third-largest airline, carried 76 million passengers last year. It is increasing its presence in Australia just as calls are made for South Australia to have non-stop flights from China to cash in on the soaring tourism market.

Chinese tourism to Australia grew 27 per cent last year, making China the third-largest source of international visitors to Australia behind New Zealand and the UK. Further growth this year - to 533,000 visitors from China in the first eight months - has it on course to take No. 2 spot.China is already the biggest source of visitor spending in Australia, says Tourism Australia. Chinese visitors spend about $4 billion a year now, and TA says this could reach $7.5 billion to $9 billion by 2020.

If SA gets its true share of that market, 8 per cent, it can be worth up to $720 million a year by 2020. Now it gets only about 2 per cent, hence the call for direct flights from China.

China is also Australia's leading trading partner, indicating there is demand for business travel, too.

Mr He said the airline planned to double capacity to Australia in the coming two years. It now has 24 flights a week serving Brisbane, Sydney and Melbourne.

Yesterday it increased its Brisbane service from three to four flights a week and doubled its Melbourne service to twice daily for summer. It adds Perth to its network, three times a week, from next week.

"Australia is a priority market for China Southern and the airline is presently considering further expansion into other cities," Mr He said, confirming Adelaide as one of them.

Hong Kong's Cathay Pacific flies to Adelaide daily but relies on feeder airlines to mainland China

Wayno
VIP Member
VIP Member

#553 Post by Wayno » Tue Nov 01, 2011 3:58 pm

jimbly wrote:China Southern, the world's third-largest airline, carried 76 million passengers last year. It is increasing its presence in Australia just as calls are made for South Australia to have non-stop flights from China to cash in on the soaring tourism market.
off topic i know, but this reminded me of my last China Southern (domestic in china) flight about 24 months ago. As soon as the plane touched down (and i mean the instant the wheels hit the tarmac) everyone was up out of their seats, grabbing their baggage, and jostling/pushing forward in the aisles to be the first off. Totally freaked me out.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member

#554 Post by Ben » Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:04 pm

Mr He said the airline planned to double capacity to Australia in the coming two years. It now has 24 flights a week serving Brisbane, Sydney and Melbourne.

Yesterday it increased its Brisbane service from three to four flights a week and doubled its Melbourne service to twice daily for summer. It adds Perth to its network, three times a week, from next week.

"Australia is a priority market for China Southern and the airline is presently considering further expansion into other cities," Mr He said, confirming Adelaide as one of them.
Well after Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne and Perth have flights with Southern Air China it is no surprise they are "considering" Adelaide. I wouldn't read anything into this article though.

muzzamo
Legendary Member!

#555 Post by muzzamo » Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:25 pm

A site is up for scoot. Fingers crossed they fly to Adelaide. Not a single international LCC flies here yet.

Flyscoot.com