[COM] Oaklands Crossing | $174m

Threads relating to transport, water, etc. within the CBD and Metropolitan area.
Message
Author
User avatar
Llessur2002
Legendary Member!
Posts: 1482
Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:59 pm
Location: West Croydon
Has thanked: 445 times
Been thanked: 671 times

[COM] Re: Oaklands Crossing | $174m

#811 Post by Llessur2002 » Thu May 09, 2019 8:20 am

Looks good but I hope they bother to maintain it - this has been the state of Bowden Station for over a month now...

Image

how good is he
Legendary Member!
Posts: 930
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:26 am
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 46 times

[COM] Re: Oaklands Crossing | $174m

#812 Post by how good is he » Thu May 09, 2019 8:52 am

Is this graffiti council responsibility or DTPI?
To ML69, I agree. I’m surprised developers for either sites (or even the council) hasn’t requested/demanded it from the Govt. I mean hundreds of millions have been spent and the Govt can’t even bother doing a decent station upgrade.

User avatar
Llessur2002
Legendary Member!
Posts: 1482
Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:59 pm
Location: West Croydon
Has thanked: 445 times
Been thanked: 671 times

[COM] Re: Oaklands Crossing | $174m

#813 Post by Llessur2002 » Thu May 09, 2019 8:58 am

how good is he wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 8:52 am
Is this graffiti council responsibility or DTPI?
Definitely DPTI.

User avatar
Nathan
Super Size Scraper Poster!
Posts: 3133
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:09 pm
Location: Bowden
Has thanked: 193 times
Been thanked: 617 times
Contact:

[COM] Re: Oaklands Crossing | $174m

#814 Post by Nathan » Thu May 09, 2019 9:41 am

Unfortunately there are a couple of taggers (I won't give them any exposure by mentioning their tags) at the moment who are making it their mission to tag every single bit of public infrastructure (down to something as small as a planter box) from Bowden all the way through to the riverbank precinct. Given the extent of what they've been doing, I would have hoped the cops could have snagged them by now.

Would be real nice to have some proper cover over Bowden station like has been installed at Oaklands. Even if it was just a short section extending from either side of the pedestrian overpass.

claybro
Super Size Scraper Poster!
Posts: 2003
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:16 pm
Has thanked: 48 times
Been thanked: 216 times

[COM] Re: Oaklands Crossing | $174m

#815 Post by claybro » Thu May 09, 2019 10:07 am

Nathan wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 9:41 am
Unfortunately there are a couple of taggers (I won't give them any exposure by mentioning their tags) at the moment who are making it their mission to tag every single bit of public infrastructure (down to something as small as a planter box) from Bowden all the way through to the riverbank precinct. Given the extent of what they've been doing, I would have hoped the cops could have snagged them by now.

Would be real nice to have some proper cover over Bowden station like has been installed at Oaklands. Even if it was just a short section extending from either side of the pedestrian overpass.
how good is he wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 8:52 am
Is this graffiti council responsibility or DTPI?
To ML69, I agree. I’m surprised developers for either sites (or even the council) hasn’t requested/demanded it from the Govt. I mean hundreds of millions have been spent and the Govt can’t even bother doing a decent station upgrade.
As well as posting on here, are you guys also contacting your local member to complain about the lack of care of your taxpayers assets? The DPTI, local council and government will do sweet FA until people actually complain and threaten to expose their lack of action. I believe all of these new stations should be manned and controlled access for safety and to prevent this.

User avatar
Nathan
Super Size Scraper Poster!
Posts: 3133
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:09 pm
Location: Bowden
Has thanked: 193 times
Been thanked: 617 times
Contact:

[COM] Re: Oaklands Crossing | $174m

#816 Post by Nathan » Thu May 09, 2019 10:14 am

claybro wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 10:07 am
Nathan wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 9:41 am
Unfortunately there are a couple of taggers (I won't give them any exposure by mentioning their tags) at the moment who are making it their mission to tag every single bit of public infrastructure (down to something as small as a planter box) from Bowden all the way through to the riverbank precinct. Given the extent of what they've been doing, I would have hoped the cops could have snagged them by now.

Would be real nice to have some proper cover over Bowden station like has been installed at Oaklands. Even if it was just a short section extending from either side of the pedestrian overpass.
how good is he wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 8:52 am
Is this graffiti council responsibility or DTPI?
To ML69, I agree. I’m surprised developers for either sites (or even the council) hasn’t requested/demanded it from the Govt. I mean hundreds of millions have been spent and the Govt can’t even bother doing a decent station upgrade.
As well as posting on here, are you guys also contacting your local member to complain about the lack of care of your taxpayers assets? The DPTI, local council and government will do sweet FA until people actually complain and threaten to expose their lack of action. I believe all of these new stations should be manned and controlled access for safety and to prevent this.
Some of it is addressed regularly (like under the Park Tce overpass, the rail subway in Bonython Park, and the light poles from there through to Morphett St), but they're usually retagged by the same people within days. Obviously the two councils (Charles Sturt & Adelaide) are on to it, more so than DPTI with the stations. I think it requires more of a police response given the extent and perpetual reoccurrence.

claybro
Super Size Scraper Poster!
Posts: 2003
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:16 pm
Has thanked: 48 times
Been thanked: 216 times

[COM] Re: Oaklands Crossing | $174m

#817 Post by claybro » Thu May 09, 2019 11:26 am

Nathan wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 10:14 am
Some of it is addressed regularly (like under the Park Tce overpass, the rail subway in Bonython Park, and the light poles from there through to Morphett St), but they're usually retagged by the same people within days. Obviously the two councils (Charles Sturt & Adelaide) are on to it, more so than DPTI with the stations. I think it requires more of a police response given the extent and perpetual reoccurrence.
Agreed, but the police wont respond unless they are asked/made to. Antisocial behaviour is simply not on their agenda, and the courts do nothing with the offenders even once caught.

User avatar
Norman
Donating Member
Donating Member
Posts: 5682
Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2007 1:06 pm
Has thanked: 769 times
Been thanked: 1387 times

[COM] Re: Oaklands Crossing | $174m

#818 Post by Norman » Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:56 pm

A quick update of recent works:
  • The road over the train line has moved to the sides of the bridge as the road formation and kerbing is finalised in the middle of the road
  • Traffic lights have been installed at Dunrobin Road, but are not active as of yet
  • The amenities building seems to be operational
  • The train track is still present on the road, I assume this will stay in place until final asphalting occurs a bit later

kymbosa
Gold-Member ;)
Posts: 68
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 4:39 pm
Has thanked: 75 times
Been thanked: 11 times

[COM] Re: Oaklands Crossing | $174m

#819 Post by kymbosa » Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:39 am

In a few weekends there will be event held at the train station.
D43AAA44-9D79-4234-ADCE-117BD287242A.jpeg
Details on their Facebook page.

Furyan
Sen-Rookie-Sational
Posts: 29
Joined: Wed May 09, 2018 2:18 pm
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 5 times

[COM] Re: Oaklands Crossing | $174m

#820 Post by Furyan » Mon Jul 29, 2019 5:06 pm

As of yesterday the Oaklands Crossing Project is now officially complete. :D

This now removes the major road block along Diagonal Road which is the main corridor between the outer west and southern suburbs.
I would hope at some stage they would look at removing pinch points along the remaining parts of this corridor.
Most notably duplicating the left hand turn at Sturt Road which is the access to the Southern Expressway via Marion Road.
The Seacombe Road and Brighton Road left hand turns are also both single lanes and would also benefit.

OlympusAnt
High Rise Poster!
Posts: 307
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2015 7:31 pm
Has thanked: 44 times
Been thanked: 32 times

[COM] Re: Oaklands Crossing | $174m

#821 Post by OlympusAnt » Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:14 pm

Better late than never, but its finally complete. The area flows so much better now.

It really did go quick in the last few weeks. Almost Melbourne pace.
Follow me on Flickr

http://www.flickr.com/photos/135625678@N06/

User avatar
ChillyPhilly
Legendary Member!
Posts: 1439
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:35 pm
Location: Adder-Laid, South Australia.
Has thanked: 267 times
Been thanked: 397 times
Contact:

[COM] [COM] Re: Oaklands Crossing | $174m

#822 Post by ChillyPhilly » Thu Aug 01, 2019 11:33 am

Posted to DPTI's LinkedIn page. Artwork at the station.

.Image

Image

Image
Our state, our city, our future.

All views expressed on this forum are my own.

User avatar
AndyWelsh
High Rise Poster!
Posts: 225
Joined: Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:44 pm
Has thanked: 31 times
Been thanked: 421 times

[COM] Re: Oaklands Crossing | $174m

#823 Post by AndyWelsh » Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:55 pm

Oakland station - strange place for a bench.

Image


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User avatar
SRW
Donating Member
Donating Member
Posts: 2413
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:42 pm
Location: City
Has thanked: 547 times
Been thanked: 239 times

[COM] Re: Oaklands Crossing | $174m

#824 Post by SRW » Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:56 pm

Weird. Time out bench?
Keep Adelaide Weird

Jaymz
Legendary Member!
Posts: 546
Joined: Sat Mar 22, 2014 5:12 pm
Has thanked: 34 times
Been thanked: 73 times

[COM] Re: Oaklands Crossing | $174m

#825 Post by Jaymz » Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:29 pm

SRW wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:56 pm
Weird. Time out bench?
Indeed. Surely a candidate for the Shitadelaide FB/Instagram page :?

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests