[COM] Oaklands Crossing | $174m

Threads relating to transport, water, etc. within the CBD and Metropolitan area.
Message
Author
User avatar
AndyWelsh
High Rise Poster!
Posts: 217
Joined: Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:44 pm
Has thanked: 31 times
Been thanked: 396 times

[COM] Re: Oaklands Crossing | $174m

#826 Post by AndyWelsh » Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:04 pm

Jaymz wrote:
SRW wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:56 pm
Weird. Time out bench?
Indeed. Surely a candidate for the Shitadelaide FB/Instagram page :?

Haha I actually tried them! They haven’t posted it although I have had some successes in the past, which I’m VERY proud of!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User avatar
metro
Legendary Member!
Posts: 962
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:11 pm
Location: Adelaide
Has thanked: 371 times
Been thanked: 49 times

[COM] Re: Oaklands Crossing | $174m

#827 Post by metro » Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:43 pm

SRW wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:56 pm
Weird. Time out bench?
I believe that bench is there as a requirement, a place for the elderly folks to rest while they hike up and down the long ramps to get between the ground and platform levels. :lol:

User avatar
SRW
Donating Member
Donating Member
Posts: 2378
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:42 pm
Location: City
Has thanked: 529 times
Been thanked: 229 times

[COM] Re: Oaklands Crossing | $174m

#828 Post by SRW » Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:46 pm

metro wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:43 pm
SRW wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:56 pm
Weird. Time out bench?
I believe that bench is there as a requirement, a place for the elderly folks to rest while they hike up and down the long ramps to get between the ground and platform levels. :lol:
They didn't have to face it to the wall, as though you're there to think about how naughty you've been :lol:
Keep Adelaide Weird

User avatar
Nathan
Super Size Scraper Poster!
Posts: 3121
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:09 pm
Location: Bowden
Has thanked: 191 times
Been thanked: 609 times
Contact:

[COM] Re: Oaklands Crossing | $174m

#829 Post by Nathan » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:16 pm

SRW wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:56 pm
Weird. Time out bench?
I think some DPTI planners need to sit on it.

User avatar
Norman
Donating Member
Donating Member
Posts: 5664
Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2007 1:06 pm
Has thanked: 767 times
Been thanked: 1367 times

[COM] Re: Oaklands Crossing | $174m

#830 Post by Norman » Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:26 pm

I went back tonight to see the completed project. Some small things still to finish but largely this project is done.

Station amenities building, with 2 toilets and a bike locker
Image

Landscaping works
Image

Image

Image

New Advertising board
Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Interestingly, some of the pre-2008 car parks have not been fixed

Image

New car park in the north-east corner

Image

SBD
Legendary Member!
Posts: 1074
Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:49 pm
Location: Blakeview
Has thanked: 332 times
Been thanked: 79 times

[COM] Re: Oaklands Crossing | $174m

#831 Post by SBD » Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:45 pm

Is the "new advertising board" for advertising, or driver information? It looks the same shape as the ones on the North-South Motorway and Port Wakefield Road with travel times to likely destinations.

User avatar
Norman
Donating Member
Donating Member
Posts: 5664
Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2007 1:06 pm
Has thanked: 767 times
Been thanked: 1367 times

[COM] Re: Oaklands Crossing | $174m

#832 Post by Norman » Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:30 pm

SBD wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:45 pm
Is the "new advertising board" for advertising, or driver information? It looks the same shape as the ones on the North-South Motorway and Port Wakefield Road with travel times to likely destinations.
It's for advertising. It looks exactly like the one at Anzac Highway at Keswick. Traffic information signs usually feature warning lights on the sides of the LED panel if they are at that size, or they come in a smaller size found in different locations around Adelaide.

Mpol03
Legendary Member!
Posts: 588
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:39 am
Has thanked: 277 times
Been thanked: 47 times

[COM] Re: Oaklands Crossing | $174m

#833 Post by Mpol03 » Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:31 am

When more design though has gone into that amenities box than most development in the CBD :secret:

User avatar
ChillyPhilly
Legendary Member!
Posts: 1408
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:35 pm
Location: Adder-Laid, South Australia.
Has thanked: 260 times
Been thanked: 340 times
Contact:

[COM] Re: Oaklands Crossing | $174m

#834 Post by ChillyPhilly » Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:25 pm

OK LADS

Image
Last edited by ChillyPhilly on Mon Sep 02, 2019 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Our state, our city, our future.

All views expressed on this forum are my own.

EBG
Super Size Scraper Poster!
Posts: 2086
Joined: Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:49 pm
Has thanked: 685 times
Been thanked: 1267 times

[COM] Re: Oaklands Crossing | $174m

#835 Post by EBG » Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:49 pm

Great pictures Norman. Who is responsible for watering the lawn?
I only hope it still looks this good this time next year.

rev
Super Size Scraper Poster!
Posts: 3932
Joined: Sat Nov 11, 2006 12:14 pm
Has thanked: 261 times
Been thanked: 375 times

[COM] Re: Oaklands Crossing | $174m

#836 Post by rev » Sun Sep 08, 2019 5:45 pm

EBG wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:49 pm
Great pictures Norman. Who is responsible for watering the lawn?
I only hope it still looks this good this time next year.
Surely there's an automated sprinkler system setup for it? If not, wow..

NTRabbit
High Rise Poster!
Posts: 106
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:00 pm
Has thanked: 96 times
Been thanked: 36 times

[COM] Re: Oaklands Crossing | $174m

#837 Post by NTRabbit » Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:15 pm

rev wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 5:45 pm
EBG wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:49 pm
Great pictures Norman. Who is responsible for watering the lawn?
I only hope it still looks this good this time next year.
Surely there's an automated sprinkler system setup for it? If not, wow..
Pretty sure they put those purple pipe irrigation grids under every bit of green on the upgrade

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests