[COM] Oaklands Crossing | $174m

Threads relating to transport, water, etc. within the CBD and Metropolitan area.
jimmy_2486
Legendary Member!

[COM] Re: Oaklands Park Interchange

#181 Post by jimmy_2486 » Fri May 30, 2008 6:46 pm

Norman wrote:
Sounds like oaklands is the first confirmation that that Noarlunga will be getting "high frequency stations" similar to the gawler line.
If so, the following will be HFS:
Goodwood
Woodlands Park
Oaklands
Brighton
(Marino?)
Hallet Cove Beach
(Lonsdale?)
Noarlunga Centre
Yeah, but I dont think Marino and Lonsdale should be high frequency stations. Saying that....time to upgrade those stations mentioned, and the Gawler HFS's!! I mean if they are to be HFS's, surely large amounts of car parks would be needed, and more connection buses, station upgrades, kiosks etc should be placed.
Last edited by jimmy_2486 on Fri May 30, 2008 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cruise
Banned
Banned

#182 Post by Cruise » Fri May 30, 2008 6:47 pm

if they are going up the frequency where are they going to get the trains from to do so

jimmy_2486
Legendary Member!

#183 Post by jimmy_2486 » Fri May 30, 2008 6:51 pm

Cruise wrote:if they are going up the frequency where are they going to get the trains from to do so
From the train shop...................lol

They will most likely reschedule the timetables so that all services stop at each HFS. Im not too sure if they will need many extra trains, if any at all?

Did the Gawler line HFS require any new trains?

Shuz
Banned
Banned

#184 Post by Shuz » Fri May 30, 2008 6:53 pm

Cruise wrote:if they are going up the frequency where are they going to get the trains from to do so
It could be a very subtle hint that the Port line may be used as a tramline, and the trains operating on that line will shift across the network, thus allowing more trains to be utilised on the Noarlunga line for higher frequencies?

Norman
Donating Member
Donating Member

#185 Post by Norman » Fri May 30, 2008 6:57 pm

The Noarlunga Line already has enough services to cover a high-frequency pattern, but in that case the Tonsley Line would have to be shut down. The extra trains would come out of that.

Cruise
Banned
Banned

#186 Post by Cruise » Fri May 30, 2008 7:01 pm

Shuz wrote:
It could be a very subtle hint that the Port line may be used as a tramline, and the trains operating on that line will shift across the network, thus allowing more trains to be utilised on the Noarlunga line for higher frequencies?
This is what i have been thinking, i even posted something very similar on ssc a little while back.

If you have a look at the seaford extension report they allowed money to buy new rolling stock to service the line, removing the outer harbor heavy rail line would make the services further south a cheaper, more realistic proposal.

Norman
Donating Member
Donating Member

#187 Post by Norman » Fri May 30, 2008 7:05 pm

I'd rather have the Belair Line as light rail than the Outer Harbor Line.

Cruise
Banned
Banned

#188 Post by Cruise » Fri May 30, 2008 7:15 pm

Norman wrote:I'd rather have the Belair Line as light rail than the Outer Harbor Line.
I'd rather both 8)

AG
VIP Member
VIP Member

#189 Post by AG » Fri May 30, 2008 8:21 pm

Norman wrote:The Noarlunga Line already has enough services to cover a high-frequency pattern, but in that case the Tonsley Line would have to be shut down. The extra trains would come out of that.
Not necessarily. A lot of the Noarlunga Line trains currently serve stations between Woodlands Park and Mile End. One way to improve services on both the Tonsley Line and Noarlunga Line would be to permanently run Noarlunga services express over this section of the line (with some services stopping only at Goodwood along the way), with the Tonsley services covering the stations in between. The timetabling of overlapping services would be an issue of course.

muzzamo
Legendary Member!

#190 Post by muzzamo » Fri May 30, 2008 9:00 pm

There is also a massive amount of potential for a tonsley/flinders interchange. The potential there is staggering.

Would surplus trains from the outer harbor/grange lines be enough for both a seaford extension and a Tonsley interchange? It would have to be close

Will409
Legendary Member!

#191 Post by Will409 » Sat May 31, 2008 8:24 am

For the "high frequency" services on the Gawler Central line, TA were able to run the new services using only one extra railcar set. Traditionally, the Gawler Central line had slightly fewer trains running then the Noarlunga line but since the new timetable has come out, both have an almost even number of railcar sets.

For the Seaford extension, $56million has been allocated to the purchase of 14 additional railcars (4000 class anyone 8) )
Image LINK TO YOUTUBE PROFILE.

muzzamo
Legendary Member!

#192 Post by muzzamo » Sat May 31, 2008 8:51 am

Will409 wrote:For the Seaford extension, $56million has been allocated to the purchase of 14 additional railcars (4000 class anyone 8) )
I dont think anything has been "allocated", i think its more "costed" at that much.

Definitely doesn't rule out using surplus rolling stock from conversion of port line to light rail.

Will do you know how many cars that line uses at the moment?

Norman
Donating Member
Donating Member

#193 Post by Norman » Sat May 31, 2008 10:59 am

Grange line uses a 2 2-car sets on weekdays and 1 single car on Weekends and nights.

Outer Harbor uses 3 2-car sets on weekdays and 2 2-car or 1 car sets on weekends.

Not sure about peak times though.

jimmy_2486
Legendary Member!

#194 Post by jimmy_2486 » Sat May 31, 2008 12:25 pm

All our train lines should be made into trams except noarlunga and gawler and possibly outer harbor. However there should still be tram services running along noarlunga line upto brighton via marion shopping centre, along gawler line upto mawson lakes, and outer harbor up to pt adelaide. That way all inner stations will have high frequencies and most outer ones aswell. OH line once passing PT Adel station would only stop there and woodville en route to the city.

I mean our train system has potential and does not need much spent. Just a bitta reorganising. I think for now we should focus on buying more trams to run along the lines for the inner stations which would free up heaps of sets for where they are most useful (the long lines such as noar, gawl, and maybe OH). Our system could then have 10-15min frequencies on alot more train station and all tram lines.

Id classify OH service as either a really long light rail service or a borderline short heavy rail service.

Cruise
Banned
Banned

#195 Post by Cruise » Sat May 31, 2008 2:22 pm

what would a 4000 class look like 409?