News & Discussion: Trams

Threads relating to transport, water, etc. within the CBD and Metropolitan area.
[Shuz]
Super Size Scraper Poster!

Re: News & Discussion: Trams

#4036 Post by [Shuz] » Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:59 am

Tram services were deplorable last night! It seemed to be as if they removed the EC-BG route and replaced it with the "Loop"? I managed to walk from BG to ARS in the time the tram just sat at BG. Pathetic.
Any views and opinions expressed are of my own, and do not reflect the views or opinions of any organisation of which I have an affiliation with.

ChillyPhilly
Legendary Member!

#4037 Post by ChillyPhilly » Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:48 pm

[Shuz] wrote:
Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:59 am
Tram services were deplorable last night! It seemed to be as if they removed the EC-BG route and replaced it with the "Loop"? I managed to walk from BG to ARS in the time the tram just sat at BG. Pathetic.
It's for the Fringe/Mad March season. I'd be alarmed if it's still like this after this period.
Our state, our city, our future.

All views expressed on this forum are my own.

Nort
Legendary Member!

#4038 Post by Nort » Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:34 am

ChillyPhilly wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:48 pm
[Shuz] wrote:
Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:59 am
It's for the Fringe/Mad March season. I'd be alarmed if it's still like this after this period.
I don't think the problem is with the routes so much as the wait times which do seem unnecessary.

Norman
Donating Member
Donating Member

#4039 Post by Norman » Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:12 pm

I believe the "Art Gallery" stop has been renamed as "State Library". The stop name signs have been changed at the stop.

claybro

#4040 Post by claybro » Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:54 pm

Without wishing to pile on about the various options of routes and identification of routes, I used the tram a bit on the weekend when I was there, and found it all a bit confusing. A sign saying "maximum 20 minutes wait" really shouldn't take the place of a timetable. And why not just leave the old Glenelg-Ent Centre route in place always, and have North/South and East/west shuttles within the CBD. The shuttles would take a bit of pressure off the Glenelg/Ent centre route and speed things up a bit, increase frequency and be more predictable. Also, for god sake get the drivers to pull their finger out, and stop leaving their cab to chat to guards, check imaginary problems, or act like they are an Airbus A380 captain.

Nathan

#4041 Post by Nathan » Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:08 pm

claybro wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:54 pm
Without wishing to pile on about the various options of routes and identification of routes, I used the tram a bit on the weekend when I was there, and found it all a bit confusing. A sign saying "maximum 20 minutes wait" really shouldn't take the place of a timetable. And why not just leave the old Glenelg-Ent Centre route in place always, and have North/South and East/west shuttles within the CBD. The shuttles would take a bit of pressure off the Glenelg/Ent centre route and speed things up a bit, increase frequency and be more predictable. Also, for god sake get the drivers to pull their finger out, and stop leaving their cab to chat to guards, check imaginary problems, or act like they are an Airbus A380 captain.
I think the Glenelg-Ent Centre route should be removed completely. The long route through the city guarantees there will be delays for nearly all trams out of the city. Just focus on two frequent routes that overlap for transfers, and no one at the Entertainment Centre wondering if they got on the right tram or not (because some drivers don't bother updating the destination screens until they leave the Ent Centre).

Nathan

#4042 Post by Nathan » Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:11 pm

Norman wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:12 pm
I believe the "Art Gallery" stop has been renamed as "State Library". The stop name signs have been changed at the stop.
Still officially called "Art Gallery", but they've tacked "State Library" and "Museum" on to the stop as well (and very poorly — they're like rectangular stickers with yellow backgrounds rather than cut vinyl)