[COM] Britannia Roundabout

Threads relating to transport, water, etc. within the CBD and Metropolitan area.
Message
Author
SBD
Legendary Member!
Posts: 1140
Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:49 pm
Location: Blakeview
Has thanked: 361 times
Been thanked: 84 times

[COM] Re: Britannia Roundabout

#91 Post by SBD » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:50 pm

That would make for a long time in the intersection from northbound on Fullarton Road to either continuing on Fullarton Road or turning right to Kensington Road. I don't use it very often, and virtually never for those movements, but people from south of the city centre might. Does your design cope with the volume of those movements? (question, not criticism)

User avatar
ChillyPhilly
Legendary Member!
Posts: 1482
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:35 pm
Location: Adder-Laid, South Australia.
Has thanked: 274 times
Been thanked: 444 times
Contact:

[COM] Re: Britannia Roundabout

#92 Post by ChillyPhilly » Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:46 am

SBD wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:50 pm
That would make for a long time in the intersection from northbound on Fullarton Road to either continuing on Fullarton Road or turning right to Kensington Road. I don't use it very often, and virtually never for those movements, but people from south of the city centre might. Does your design cope with the volume of those movements? (question, not criticism)
Good point and question - there no doubt would be some unequal wait times and distances to travel, especially at certain times of day. I don't use it often either and this is merely one idea that is used in some places around the world. I'd have to see how much traffic this kind of design can handle in such places to answer your question in depth.
Our state, our city, our future.

All views expressed on this forum are my own.

rev
SA MVP (Most Valued Poster 4000+)
Posts: 4010
Joined: Sat Nov 11, 2006 12:14 pm
Has thanked: 282 times
Been thanked: 410 times

[COM] Re: Britannia Roundabout

#93 Post by rev » Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:51 pm

ChillyPhilly wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:53 pm
Why not just tweak both roundabouts, back into one? Albeit with a difference.

Image
So instead of the Britannia Roundabout, it will be the Britannia Key..in reference to it's shape being similar to an old key hole..

EBG
Super Size Scraper Poster!
Posts: 2144
Joined: Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:49 pm
Has thanked: 718 times
Been thanked: 1352 times

[COM] Re: Britannia Roundabout

#94 Post by EBG » Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:22 pm

I am still waiting for the tunnel from Dequetteville Tce to Fullarton Rd South that Mr Rann promised us in 2008.

Waewick
Super Size Scraper Poster!
Posts: 3465
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:39 pm
Has thanked: 53 times
Been thanked: 131 times

[COM] Re: [COM] Re: Britannia Roundabout

#95 Post by Waewick » Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:58 pm

EBG wrote:I am still waiting for the tunnel from Dequetteville Tce to Fullarton Rd South that Mr Rann promised us in 2008.
For the sake of the city loop that would be great.

Could a cut and fill like the o bahn tunnell be done for a similar price?

User avatar
Norman
Donating Member
Donating Member
Posts: 5699
Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2007 1:06 pm
Has thanked: 775 times
Been thanked: 1414 times

[COM] Re: [COM] Re: Britannia Roundabout

#96 Post by Norman » Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:48 pm

Waewick wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:58 pm
EBG wrote:I am still waiting for the tunnel from Dequetteville Tce to Fullarton Rd South that Mr Rann promised us in 2008.
For the sake of the city loop that would be great.

Could a cut and fill like the o bahn tunnell be done for a similar price?
It will probably be about double the cost, given that it will need 2 of them (one for each direction) and wider as well. They also need more supporting infrastructure like emergency exists and emissions fans.

ml69
Legendary Member!
Posts: 853
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:16 pm
Location: Adelaide SA
Has thanked: 92 times
Been thanked: 69 times

[COM] Re: [COM] Re: Britannia Roundabout

#97 Post by ml69 » Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:04 pm

Norman wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:48 pm
Waewick wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:58 pm
EBG wrote:I am still waiting for the tunnel from Dequetteville Tce to Fullarton Rd South that Mr Rann promised us in 2008.
For the sake of the city loop that would be great.

Could a cut and fill like the o bahn tunnell be done for a similar price?
It will probably be about double the cost, given that it will need 2 of them (one for each direction) and wider as well. They also need more supporting infrastructure like emergency exists and emissions fans.
Doesn't need tunnels, just needs traffic lights!!

Waewick
Super Size Scraper Poster!
Posts: 3465
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:39 pm
Has thanked: 53 times
Been thanked: 131 times

[COM] Re: [COM] Re: [COM] Re: Britannia Roundabout

#98 Post by Waewick » Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:17 pm

ml69 wrote:
Norman wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:48 pm
Waewick wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:58 pm
For the sake of the city loop that would be great.

Could a cut and fill like the o bahn tunnell be done for a similar price?
It will probably be about double the cost, given that it will need 2 of them (one for each direction) and wider as well. They also need more supporting infrastructure like emergency exists and emissions fans.
Doesn't need tunnels, just needs traffic lights!!
They would help, but a long term solution if money wasn't an issue.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests