Submission to DPTI - Integrated Transport and Land Use Plan

Threads relating to transport, water, etc. within the CBD and Metropolitan area.
[Shuz]
Super Size Scraper Poster!

Submission to DPTI - Integrated Transport and Land Use Plan

#1 Post by [Shuz] » Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:10 am

I was wondering if people on here / SensationalAdelaide wanted to make a submission to DPTI during the consultation period to provide feedback in relation to the ITLUS Plan? Hence why I've made a new thread for it to hash out agreement on key points... The hard thing is how do we know which parts to give support for 'broadly' and others 'in detail'...

Case in example;

i.e. A 'broad' statement would be 'supporting the full electrification of train lines' (basically, saying its a good thing, but handballing it to the Government to pick and choose which lines to electrify - notably Seaford (Noarlunga) and Gawler) - which, obviously has the overwhleming support of everyone on here.

Whereas a 'detailed' statement would be 'supporting the full electrification of the Seaford (Noarlunga), Gawler, Tonsley, Grange, Outer Harbor and Belair train lines' - individuallly naming each one... which still commands strong support, but much less so than a broad statement, as some members are likely to be a bit more picky about which lines shouldn't be electrified (going by some of the discussions on here, would single out the Belair line, and the Tonsley and Grange spurs. Some would feel like thier opinion(s) aren't being adequately represented.

Here's the link to the DPTI wesbite if people want to take a squiz.
http://www.transportplan.sa.gov.au/

Perhaps we could use a similar template, like the one that we did to the Adelaide City Council for the 2008 Development Plan Review 2008?
Any views and opinions expressed are of my own, and do not reflect the views or opinions of any organisation of which I have an affiliation with.

Phantom
High Rise Poster!

Re: Submission to DPTI - Integrated Transport and Land Use P

#2 Post by Phantom » Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:44 am

Sounds like a great idea, dude. The 2008 submission ended out looking really good!

To me personally, the electrification of the railway lines is a big thing, as are the proposed tramlines going here, there and everywhere.

BTW - Just out of curiosity, who was in charge of the 2008 submission? Was that you, Shuz?
"Mono, you're a knob. <3"

[Shuz]

#3 Post by [Shuz] » Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:43 pm

It was a team effort between myself, Howie, Mono, Wayno and Ben, I think.

Anyways - some further thoughts; I'll break it down into two bits for each topic - one a broad statement, the other, detailed.

Tram Network
Support the expansion of the Adelaide tram network throughout the CBD and into surrounding inner-city suburbs.

Support the expansion of the Adelaide tram network throughout the CBD, and into the suburbs of North Adelaide, Prospect, Magill, Norwood, Unley, Mitcham, Adelaide Airport, Henley Beach, Port Adelaide and Semaphore. However concerns are raised of the conceptual route alignments of the proposed tram network, particularly the 'CityLink' and 'PortLink' routes.

North-South Corridor
Support the development and construction of a non-stop, free-flowing traffic corridor between Gawler and Noarlunga.

Support the development and construction of a freeway standard traffic corridor between Gawler and Noarlunga, utilising the existing road corridor(s) where possible and take advantage of tunnelling, particularly through senstive inner-city areas and provide effective connections to the existing metropolitan road network with strategically placed and convinient traffic interchanges.

Regional Roads
Support the improvement and construction of key regional roads connecting Adelaide to regional South Australia.

Support the improvement and construction of key regional roads connecting Adelaide to regional South Australia. Priority should be given to the improvement and duplication of existing road corridors or the construction of new road corridors (whether in whole, or in segments of the existing route). (list highways, roads to be improved)

Regional Rail
Raise concern for the lack of planning for the reintroduction of rail services connecting Adelaide to regional South Australia.
Any views and opinions expressed are of my own, and do not reflect the views or opinions of any organisation of which I have an affiliation with.

Dazzeland
High Rise Poster!

#4 Post by Dazzeland » Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:17 pm

[Shuz] wrote:It was a team effort between myself, Howie, Mono, Wayno and Ben, I think.

Anyways - some further thoughts; I'll break it down into two bits for each topic - one a broad statement, the other, detailed.

Tram Network
Support the expansion of the Adelaide tram network throughout the CBD and into surrounding inner-city suburbs.

Support the expansion of the Adelaide tram network throughout the CBD, and into the suburbs of North Adelaide, Prospect, Magill, Norwood, Unley, Mitcham, Adelaide Airport, Henley Beach, Port Adelaide and Semaphore. However concerns are raised of the conceptual route alignments of the proposed tram network, particularly the 'CityLink' and 'PortLink' routes.

North-South Corridor
Support the development and construction of a non-stop, free-flowing traffic corridor between Gawler and Noarlunga.

Support the development and construction of a freeway standard traffic corridor between Gawler and Noarlunga, utilising the existing road corridor(s) where possible and take advantage of tunnelling, particularly through senstive inner-city areas and provide effective connections to the existing metropolitan road network with strategically placed and convinient traffic interchanges.

Regional Roads
Support the improvement and construction of key regional roads connecting Adelaide to regional South Australia.

Support the improvement and construction of key regional roads connecting Adelaide to regional South Australia. Priority should be given to the improvement and duplication of existing road corridors or the construction of new road corridors (whether in whole, or in segments of the existing route). (list highways, roads to be improved)

Regional Rail
Raise concern for the lack of planning for the reintroduction of rail services connecting Adelaide to regional South Australia.
I completely agree with you on all of those points, I'd be happy to help with the submission if you want

SouthAussie94
Legendary Member!

#5 Post by SouthAussie94 » Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:48 pm

If possible, could you upload a copy of the 2008 submission (Or link me to a page where there is a copy). I'm curious as to what is involved in these types of submissions.

I agree with all your points above though, particularly about the PortLink tram alignment. I'd be happy to help where I could too! :)
"All we are is bags of bones pushing against a self imposed tide. Just be content with staying alive"

Views and opinions expressed are my own and don't necessarily reflect the views or opinions of any organisation of which I have an affiliation

Phantom
High Rise Poster!

#6 Post by Phantom » Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:15 pm

Shit! I was thinking of the building heights submission! Hahaha! I'm sure the 2008 submission was just as good!

SA94, this is a link to the one I was thinking of, if that helps at all? You can still get a rough idea of what it looks like until someone else finds the link you're after? http://www.sensational-adelaide.com/for ... 130#p59130

As with everyone else, I too agree with it all (except for the idea of a tram down Prospect Rd {just to be a pain in the ass]) :P
"Mono, you're a knob. <3"

ChillyPhilly

#7 Post by ChillyPhilly » Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:45 am

I'll be keen to contribute something.
Our state, our city, our future.

All views expressed on this forum are my own.

AG
VIP Member
VIP Member

#8 Post by AG » Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:52 am

I think you could expand on the regional rail point a bit as to which areas should be priority: for example south-east to Mt Gambier or west to Port Augusta and Whyalla.

Norman
Donating Member
Donating Member

#9 Post by Norman » Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:26 am

I don't have the time to fully participate, but something simple like integrated ticketing and booking system and larger subsidies for intrastate coach travel is on my priority list!

rhino

#10 Post by rhino » Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:43 am

My suggestion is to subsidise freight transport to/from regional South Australia for businesses that re-locate to the regions, to help grow our regional population. Maybe create regional growth centres, approx 100km apart, where these subsidies would apply.
Examples would be Naracoorte, Bordertown, Kingston, Lameroo/Pinnaroo, a Riverland town, Nuriootpa, Clare, Balaklava, Kadina, Jamestown/Peterborough, plus the cities which already have over 10,000 people.
cheers,
Rhino

Waewick

#11 Post by Waewick » Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:32 pm

i like the concept Rhino; my oonly issue Oscar providing the appropriate infrastructure to ensure long team viability.

no point trying to send them regional when zone scarcity pushes rentals up. ( both industrial and residential).

Howie
VIP Member
VIP Member

#12 Post by Howie » Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:09 am

Shout out if you need a hand mate.

Heardy_101
High Rise Poster!

#13 Post by Heardy_101 » Sat Nov 16, 2013 5:01 pm

I would certainly like to put my hand up, especially for regional roads and rail as these are passions of mine. Also as a regional resident I am able to provide a few extra details some of the city or suburban based residents can't. I am also very much into putting my hand up in regards for the tram network as this too is a passion and interest of mine.

With the roads, I do have various ideas for some of the major highways up this way, such as Port Wakefield Road, Barrier Highway, etc.

A couple of such examples would be the construction of the Port Wakefield Bypass, and improving the current Burra Bypass.
www.facebook.com/SARegionalRailAlliance

www.saregionaltrainscampaign.com

ChillyPhilly

#14 Post by ChillyPhilly » Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:12 pm

Submissions close on the 29th.
Our state, our city, our future.

All views expressed on this forum are my own.

Heardy_101
High Rise Poster!

#15 Post by Heardy_101 » Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:56 am

Deadline has been extended to January 17th of next year.
www.facebook.com/SARegionalRailAlliance

www.saregionaltrainscampaign.com