Trams, Gawler rail electrification top priorities put to pro

Threads relating to transport, water, etc. within the CBD and Metropolitan area.
I Follow PAFC
High Rise Poster!

Trams, Gawler rail electrification top priorities put to pro

#1 Post by I Follow PAFC » Sun Sep 27, 2015 4:46 pm

EXTENDING tramlines into the suburbs and electrifying the Gawler train line top a list of projects the State Government is urging pro-public transport Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull to reconsider allocating federal funding.

more http://www.news.com.au/national/south-a ... 7546075116
I Follow The Port Adelaide Football Club
https://www.facebook.com/IFollowThePAFC/

SouthAussie94
High Rise Poster!

Re: Trams, Gawler rail electrification top priorities put to

#2 Post by SouthAussie94 » Sun Sep 27, 2015 7:53 pm

Opposition transport spokesman Corey Wingard said his party had also raised the importance of public transport infrastructure in SA with Mr Turnbull.

However, he criticised the State Government for delays to projects so far, such as the Gawler electrification.

“My biggest concern is this government’s history of not getting these projects done and not getting value for money for South Australians,” he said.
And Corey, what is the major reason the Gawler line electrification has been delayed? That's right! The federal LIBERAL (a.k.a your colleagues..) government withdrew funding..
"All we are is bags of bones pushing against a self imposed tide. Just be content with staying alive"

Views and opinions expressed are my own and don't necessarily reflect the views or opinions of any organisation of which I have an affiliation

rev
SA MVP (Most Valued Poster 4000+)

#3 Post by rev » Sun Sep 27, 2015 8:06 pm

You'd think the new federal government leadership would want to capitalize on the new momentum in SA they've got now with Turnbull replacing Abbott, and allocate funding for these projects.
The State gov. needs to get it's act together and come up with a comprehensive and detailed plan for a tram network though.

Enough talk from all sides. Get your shit together. Or Mr X is going to keep eating away at the major parties.

Goodsy
Legendary Member!

#4 Post by Goodsy » Sun Sep 27, 2015 8:09 pm

rev wrote: Enough talk from all sides. Get your shit together. Or Mr X is going to keep eating away at the major parties.
that's not necessarily a bad thing, although I've yet to see his stance on Nuclear

Brucetiki
Legendary Member!

#5 Post by Brucetiki » Sun Sep 27, 2015 9:29 pm

SouthAussie94 wrote:
Opposition transport spokesman Corey Wingard said his party had also raised the importance of public transport infrastructure in SA with Mr Turnbull.

However, he criticised the State Government for delays to projects so far, such as the Gawler electrification.

“My biggest concern is this government’s history of not getting these projects done and not getting value for money for South Australians,” he said.
And Corey, what is the major reason the Gawler line electrification has been delayed? That's right! The federal LIBERAL (a.k.a your colleagues..) government withdrew funding..
That's what you get when you have some Channel 10 hack as opposition Transport spokesperson. Whineguard usually only opens his mouth to change feet.

Norman
Donating Member
Donating Member

#6 Post by Norman » Sun Sep 27, 2015 10:16 pm

rev wrote:You'd think the new federal government leadership would want to capitalize on the new momentum in SA they've got now with Turnbull replacing Abbott, and allocate funding for these projects.
The State gov. needs to get it's act together and come up with a comprehensive and detailed plan for a tram network though.
They do. It's called the Integrated Transport Plan.

http://transportplan.sa.gov.au/

SouthAussie94
High Rise Poster!

#7 Post by SouthAussie94 » Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:15 am

Brucetiki wrote: That's what you get when you have some Channel 10 hack as opposition Transport spokesperson. Whineguard usually only opens his mouth to change feet.
This is my personal favourite from his website:
Faulty cables on Seaford Line still not fixed

Faulty high voltage electric cables on the Seaford Rail line that have snapped twice have still not been fixed.

The cable has snapped twice since the electric rail system opened last year, including once near a level crossing.

“It took a second incident near a level crossing for action to be taken, and now we find that the cable has still not been fixed!

“This is outrageous and inexcusable.

“South Australian taxpayers have spent hundreds of millions of dollars on a new rail system that has faults less than two years after it was finished being built.

“Safety has got to be paramount here. Who’s to say that the cable won’t snap again?

“It was very lucky that nobody was hurt when the cable snapped near a level crossing.

“Minister Mullighan must fix this problem immediately, review the safety of the whole line and guarantee community safety.”
Where is this cable?
What does this cable do?
What caused the cable to snap? Was this caused by poor design/construction/maintenance or was it simply a freak accident such as an object falling on the cable?
What is the significance of this cable being broken?
How is this cable dangerous whilst in its broken state?
What would the Liberal Party do differently should they be elected?
"All we are is bags of bones pushing against a self imposed tide. Just be content with staying alive"

Views and opinions expressed are my own and don't necessarily reflect the views or opinions of any organisation of which I have an affiliation

rev
SA MVP (Most Valued Poster 4000+)

#8 Post by rev » Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:01 am

Norman wrote:
rev wrote:You'd think the new federal government leadership would want to capitalize on the new momentum in SA they've got now with Turnbull replacing Abbott, and allocate funding for these projects.
They do. It's called the Integrated Transport Plan.

http://transportplan.sa.gov.au/
Set in stone I assume?

Waewick
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#9 Post by Waewick » Mon Sep 28, 2015 2:31 pm

SouthAussie94 wrote:
Brucetiki wrote: That's what you get when you have some Channel 10 hack as opposition Transport spokesperson. Whineguard usually only opens his mouth to change feet.
This is my personal favourite from his website:
Faulty cables on Seaford Line still not fixed

Faulty high voltage electric cables on the Seaford Rail line that have snapped twice have still not been fixed.

The cable has snapped twice since the electric rail system opened last year, including once near a level crossing.

“It took a second incident near a level crossing for action to be taken, and now we find that the cable has still not been fixed!

“This is outrageous and inexcusable.

“South Australian taxpayers have spent hundreds of millions of dollars on a new rail system that has faults less than two years after it was finished being built.

“Safety has got to be paramount here. Who’s to say that the cable won’t snap again?

“It was very lucky that nobody was hurt when the cable snapped near a level crossing.

“Minister Mullighan must fix this problem immediately, review the safety of the whole line and guarantee community safety.”
Where is this cable?
What does this cable do?
What caused the cable to snap? Was this caused by poor design/construction/maintenance or was it simply a freak accident such as an object falling on the cable?
What is the significance of this cable being broken?
How is this cable dangerous whilst in its broken state?
What would the Liberal Party do differently should they be elected?
because the current government has been so great at furnishing detail in the first place.

The only reason I want the Gawler line prioritised is that it is there, and they can't blow the money on something else, like building a rail corridor to Annadale for future growth prospects