[COM] Torrens Junction Underpass

Threads relating to transport, water, etc. within the CBD and Metropolitan area.
rubberman
Super Size Scraper Poster!

[COM] Re: Torrens Junction Underpass

#61 Post by rubberman » Wed Dec 21, 2016 7:38 am

Nathan wrote:
rubberman wrote:So, if they want a tram service going closer, I'd be asking the developer to contribute.
So just shifting money between government departments?

Each lot in Bowden goes out to different developers, with Renewal SA managing the whole development area. It's not like other large developments where the whole thing goes out to a single developer.
As you say, Renewal SA is managing/coordinating. So, in my comment I envisaged that Renewal SA would coordinate with developers as to whether they would be interested in having a tram service, and with Treasury and the MTT :wink: about the cost, and then manage the payments. That sort of thing is precisely the role of Renewal SA. The money, however, would come from individual developers, or should do so, imho.

Having said that, I'm not sure if it's likely to happen.

Llessur2002

#62 Post by Llessur2002 » Wed Dec 21, 2016 9:20 am

rev wrote:You're not talking about that area that was excavated on the side park tce near the train crossing?
No, on that small triangle of land where the two lines meet:

Nothing exciting and all filled in now apart from two small holes next to an electrical/signalling box.

I Follow PAFC
High Rise Poster!

#63 Post by I Follow PAFC » Wed Dec 21, 2016 4:11 pm

from https://www.facebook.com/DPTISA

Video https://www.facebook.com/DPTISA/videos/ ... 891381951/
The tender to design and construct the Torrens Rail Junction upgrade has been awarded, meaning works will start within weeks.
This upgrade will see the interstate freight rail line separated from the Outer Harbor passenger line, improving productivity of the national rail freight network.
The project will also see a rail underpass built at Park Terrace to remove the level crossing, and a lowered railway station at Bowden.
Learn more about the Torrens Rail Junction project at dpti.sa.gov.au/torrens-rail-junction
I Follow The Port Adelaide Football Club
https://www.facebook.com/IFollowThePAFC/

I Follow PAFC
High Rise Poster!

#64 Post by I Follow PAFC » Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:31 pm

From https://www.facebook.com/DPTISA/

Park Terrace – Night works

Night works will commence from 8pm – 6am Wednesday 4 January to Friday 20 January. These works will be undertaken to prepare for the construction of a new underpass as part of the Torrens Rail Junction project.

Please note traffic restrictions will be in place on Park Terrace during these works, however the road will remain open to traffic in both directions at all times.

Thank you for your patience whilst these important works are undertaken.

Get real time traffic info direct to your smartphone by downloading our Addinsight app at www.addinsight.com.au/app or visit TrafficSA at www.traffic.sa.gov.au
Last edited by I Follow PAFC on Mon Jan 30, 2017 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Llessur2002

#65 Post by Llessur2002 » Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:44 am

Slight ramping up of activity this morning - looks like site access is being fenced off along the edge of the soccer field leading off from Park Terrace. A few vehicles and people in hi-vis on site too.

rev
SA MVP (Most Valued Poster 4000+)

#66 Post by rev » Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:04 pm

Not sure if this is related as there's always some sort of work going on, but on the war memorial drive side of the tracks they were removing some of the large gun trees by the tracks. There's a large area that's been slowed to 40kmh just after the station/cafe.

Norman
Donating Member
Donating Member

#67 Post by Norman » Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:59 pm

rev wrote:Not sure if this is related as there's always some sort of work going on, but on the war memorial drive side of the tracks they were removing some of the large gun trees by the tracks. There's a large area that's been slowed to 40kmh just after the station/cafe.
Funny you mention that...
Upcoming night works on Park Terrace
As part of the Torrens Rail Junction Project, the ConneXion Alliance will be undertaking night works on Park Terrace at Bowden, each day between the hours of 7pm and 6am, commencing Monday 20 February 2017 to Sunday 26 March 2017.

Works include the removal of medians and the installation of piles, for the construction of the Park Terrace Bridge, which when complete will enable construction on the lowered Outer Harbor passenger rail line.

The works are being undertaken at night, to minimise disruption to road users and Outer Harbor passenger rail services. Park Terrace will remain open to traffic in both directions at all times, however speed and lane restrictions will be in place. Signage and traffic management will be in place to
advise of the changed traffic conditions. Road users are requested to take extra care when workers are on site, and observe traffic signage and speed restrictions.

Every effort will be made to minimise disturbance to local residents, as much as possible, however some noise and/or vibration can be expected while these works are undertaken. Trucks will also be accessing the site during the night works, and mobile lighting towers will be in operation.

And...
War Memorial Drive and North Adelaide Golf Course Works Notification

As part of the Torrens Rail Junction Project, the ConneXion Alliance will be pruning overhanging tree branches and removing trees immediately adjacent to the rail corridor along War Memorial Drive and at the North Adelaide Golf Course.

These works will commence on Monday 20 February to approximately Saturday 4 March 2017.

The majority of works will be undertaken during the day, however night works will be undertaken between the hours of 10pm and 6am from Monday 20 February to Thursday 23 February 2017.

Some noise can be expected while works are completed, however every effort will be made to minimise disturbance to local residents as much as possible.

Speed restrictions will be in place on War Memorial Drive, however the road will remain open to traffic in both directions at all times. A 40 km/h speed restriction will be in place while workers are on
site.

Signage and traffic management will be in place to advise motorists of the changed traffic conditions. Road users are requested to take extra care when workers are on site and observe traffic signage
and speed restrictions.

For more information on the project, or to have your say or register for project updates, please call
1300 582 071 or visit http://infrastructure.sa.gov.au/trj

Listy
High Rise Poster!

#68 Post by Listy » Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:48 pm

On the western side of the train line in the same area as the 40 zone, there's also a large, deep trench being dug from the train tracks, through the southern end of the old trotting race track and down almost to the northern bank of the Torrens.

SouthAussie94
Legendary Member!

#69 Post by SouthAussie94 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:32 pm

Piling rig onsite this morning. Didn't appear to be in action, but it was there nonetheless on the southern side of Park Terrace.

On the northern side, they've established a storage yard of sorts. The rebar to be used in the construction of the piles is currently being stored here.
"All we are is bags of bones pushing against a self imposed tide. Just be content with staying alive"

Views and opinions expressed are my own and don't necessarily reflect the views or opinions of any organisation of which I have an affiliation

EBG

#70 Post by EBG » Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:48 pm

The piling rig was working on the parkland side of Park Tce yesterday (Wednesday) 8/3/17 Arround 3 pm but I could not stop for a picture.

Llessur2002

#71 Post by Llessur2002 » Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:15 am

Has anyone heard any information as to how this will be constructed? Presumably either the OH line will have to close for a considerable stretch of time or the whole stretch of line will need to be rerouted to the north-east whilst the majority of the work on the cutting is undertaken. There's certainly the room to move the line (both sides of Park Terrace - although the level crossing would be a problem) but that would be a significant project in itself.

I did ask DPTI on the Facebook page but didn't get an answer - I'm wondering if this points more towards a fairly long closure of the line which hasn't officially been announced yet...

Norman
Donating Member
Donating Member

#72 Post by Norman » Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:37 am

The last time I checked the lines will be re-routed, but the places where the lines are supposed to move to still haven't been cleared, so I'm not sure what's going on. Maybe there are still a few areas to be cleared before the lines are moved.

EBG

#73 Post by EBG » Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:36 am

A picture from Saturday 11 Feb - there are 2 piling rigs and a mobile crane on the north eastern side of the train lines (in the parklands) and another mobile crane on the Bowden side of Park Tce.
Attachments
20170311_park tce 2.jpg
20170311_park tce 2.jpg (289.25 KiB) Viewed 3230 times

ChillyPhilly

#74 Post by ChillyPhilly » Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:41 pm

A handful of images I took just before being a part of Adelaide United's lowest-ever competitive crowd. All these photos point to work on the Junction about to get very, very serious.

Work area. Looks like the line will be diverted to the immediate north while works are undertaken.

Drilling rig one.

Drilling rig two.

A load of pipes sit on the other side of Park Tce.

Below, foliage has been removed from the north side of Bowden station.
Our state, our city, our future.

All views expressed on this forum are my own.

I Follow PAFC
High Rise Poster!

#75 Post by I Follow PAFC » Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:41 pm

Temporary Outer Harbor and Grange rail line closure Due to Torrens Rail Junction project.
http://www.adelaidemetro.com.au/Announc ... ne-closure