[PRO] Birkenhead Bridge Upgrade Project

Threads relating to transport, water, etc. within the CBD and Metropolitan area.
Message
Author
Aidan
Super Size Scraper Poster!
Posts: 2075
Joined: Fri Dec 08, 2006 3:10 am
Been thanked: 11 times

[PRO] Re: Birkenhead Bridge Upgrade Project

#61 Post by Aidan » Mon Mar 09, 2020 6:20 pm

rev wrote:Isnt it logical to assume though that if the Port is revitalized and takes off, it will flow on to surrounding suburbs?
To some extent, probably. But I think it's fair to say the houses of Ethelton and Semaphore South won't be replaced by high rises this century!
Just build it wrote:Bye Union Hall. I'll see you in another life, when we are both cats.

User avatar
rev
SA MVP (Most Valued Poster 4000+)
Posts: 4444
Joined: Sat Nov 11, 2006 12:14 pm
Has thanked: 372 times
Been thanked: 531 times

[PRO] Re: Birkenhead Bridge Upgrade Project

#62 Post by rev » Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:19 am

Aidan wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 6:20 pm
rev wrote:Isnt it logical to assume though that if the Port is revitalized and takes off, it will flow on to surrounding suburbs?
To some extent, probably. But I think it's fair to say the houses of Ethelton and Semaphore South won't be replaced by high rises this century!
I beg to differ. It wont be long before we see 4-5 storey apartments going up around Semaphore. The empty blocks here and there, will end up with 4-5 level apartment buildings on them, and then from there more will follow.
Corner of the Esplanade, Dunn & Swan those units..will be demolished and replaced with apartments. Great location, wasted with trash.
The car parks on Swan st behind the shops on Semaphore road, they'll be built over eventually.

Aidan
Super Size Scraper Poster!
Posts: 2075
Joined: Fri Dec 08, 2006 3:10 am
Been thanked: 11 times

[PRO] Re: Birkenhead Bridge Upgrade Project

#63 Post by Aidan » Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:07 am

rev, that's Semaphore. It already has a faster way onto the PREXY than going through Port Adelaide.
And what you're predicting is low rise not high rise.
Just build it wrote:Bye Union Hall. I'll see you in another life, when we are both cats.

User avatar
rev
SA MVP (Most Valued Poster 4000+)
Posts: 4444
Joined: Sat Nov 11, 2006 12:14 pm
Has thanked: 372 times
Been thanked: 531 times

[PRO] Re: Birkenhead Bridge Upgrade Project

#64 Post by rev » Tue Mar 10, 2020 12:18 pm

Aidan wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:07 am
rev, that's Semaphore. It already has a faster way onto the PREXY than going through Port Adelaide.
And what you're predicting is low rise not high rise.
I said it could take off not that it would be filled with high rise. :wink:

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 13 guests