COM: Seaford Rail Extension | $291m | 5.5km

Threads relating to transport, water, etc. within the CBD and Metropolitan area.
85trainfan
High Rise Poster!

Re: #UC: Noarlunga - Seaford rail extension

#256 Post by 85trainfan » Sun May 20, 2012 10:11 pm

A family member is working on the project and their contact runs out in 2014, so I'm assuming it was scheduled for 2013, but with extra time allowed in the contracts and this is now happening.
Next time i see him or speak with a project manager i shall ask.
Regards Jarrod

Any posts made are my own opinion and do not represent any organisation with which I am associated.

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member

#257 Post by Ben » Thu May 31, 2012 3:17 pm

Aldinga rail line delay announced in State Budget

by: Lia Harris - Messenger Community News

ALDINGA residents will have to wait at least another two years for work to start on the promised train line to their suburb.

Treasurer Jack Snelling today announced a halt to plans to start buying land to link Aldinga to the Noarlunga line.

The delay will save the government $12.9 million in 2012/13.

The plan to extend the rail line was first announced in the 2008/9 budget.

At the time, about $34 million was set aside to buy land.

Today's decision is the second time the project has been delayed.

The government will still press ahead with plans to release 100ha of land at Aldinga for more housing this year.

Onkaparinga Council had previously said more houses should not be built until the train line extension was complete.

Plans to extend the Noarlunga line from Seaford to Aldinga are part of the government's 30 Year Plan.

Meanwhile, $135.8 million will be spent on the electrification of the Noarlunga line in 2012/13.

Work on the project is expected to be finished by late next year.

mutt
High Rise Poster!

#258 Post by mutt » Thu May 31, 2012 4:02 pm

so Noarlunga line still gets electrification under the new state budget?

Alyx
High Rise Poster!

#259 Post by Alyx » Thu May 31, 2012 4:13 pm

mutt wrote:so Noarlunga line still gets electrification under the new state budget?
Adelaide to Seaford will be electrified, and all other lines will remain diesel-operated for the time being.

mutt
High Rise Poster!

#260 Post by mutt » Thu May 31, 2012 4:21 pm

Alyx wrote:
mutt wrote:so Noarlunga line still gets electrification under the new state budget?
Adelaide to Seaford will be electrified, and all other lines will remain diesel-operated for the time being.
that's fine, this is the only line I care about!

SouthAussie94
Legendary Member!

#261 Post by SouthAussie94 » Thu May 31, 2012 5:41 pm

What will they call the line once the Seaford extension is complete? Will it still be called the Noarlunga line or will the name be changed to the Seaford line?
"All we are is bags of bones pushing against a self imposed tide. Just be content with staying alive"

Views and opinions expressed are my own and don't necessarily reflect the views or opinions of any organisation of which I have an affiliation

Aidan
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#UC: Noarlunga - Seaford rail extension

#262 Post by Aidan » Thu May 31, 2012 6:12 pm

SouthAussie94 wrote:What will they call the line once the Seaford extension is complete? Will it still be called the Noarlunga line or will the name be changed to the Seaford line?
The Seaford Line. Generally the lines are referred to by their destination.
Just build it wrote:Bye Union Hall. I'll see you in another life, when we are both cats.

85trainfan
High Rise Poster!

#263 Post by 85trainfan » Thu May 31, 2012 6:51 pm

Some pictures from yesterday's works.

Regards Jarrod

Any posts made are my own opinion and do not represent any organisation with which I am associated.

85trainfan
High Rise Poster!

#264 Post by 85trainfan » Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:18 pm

Hi All
A bit more detailed update today. :D

No more work has progressed between Noarlunga Centre and the Onkaparinga rail bridge, With all the Overhead support poles in place in this section. 2 sets of insulated joints sit in the middle of each line awaiting installation just south of the Platforms.

The Southern Deck of the Onkaparinga Rail Bridge is just one span short of the meeting point, while the Northern Deck is still 3 spans away. Permanent Hand/guard rails have been installed on approximately half the Southern Deck (didn't have a closer look at the northern deck) :oops:

The Seaford Meadows Maintenance Centre, has the Northern Rail gates installed now, with all the lights and Security cameras installed. The main Maintenance building has Sliding doors now over the Eastern Track, while the Western track just had the door frames up. The doors have a small cut out to allow the overhead contact wire to pass through. Workers today were working on the Train wash?? (or cleaning bay).

Seaford Meadows Station now looks a bit futuristic, with the overhead walkway frame in place, and work starting on the ramps and lifts. Workers were continuing with concreting the Down platform, with half the Up platform now in place. Both Platforms have a small section of shelter installed, surprisingly almost under the overhead walkway. The "excel" loo is onsite too , just awaiting installation. The Northern car park of the Park "N" Ride now has lights (which are incredibly tall). With the Southern section still being used as a work depot by the wall shoring contractors.
The Seaford Rd bridge, now has the Southern section complete, and bitumen laid on the approaches to bring it level. Shouldn't be too long before the road is shifted onto its final alignment.

The cutting between Seaford Rd and lynton Tce now has drainage contractors working in it close to Seaford Station, while the wall shoring contractors work on the retaining walls further along.
Seaford Station, has the Platform area completely dug out now, with the piles for the Platforms now visible. Over the last few days, The frames for the Overhead walkway have been delivered. 3 parts are now onsite (saw a convoy headed south yesterday with the 2nd piece, while the 3rd arrived today). Workers were starting to place temporary floors inside these structures.
No more work appears to taken place on the Park "N" ride car-park.

Regards Jarrod

ChillyPhilly

#265 Post by ChillyPhilly » Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:59 am

Awesome stuff! Good to see the project moving along nicely. Thanks for the update. :D
Our state, our city, our future.

All views expressed on this forum are my own.

rhino

#266 Post by rhino » Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:56 am

Good post 85trainfan (Shane?). Thanks for the info and pics.
cheers,
Rhino

Wayno
VIP Member
VIP Member

#267 Post by Wayno » Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:15 pm

Realise the Seaford to Aldinga rail extension has been deferred, but was a route map & station location ever published? just interested...
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

Norman
Donating Member
Donating Member

#UC: Noarlunga - Seaford rail extension

#268 Post by Norman » Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:58 am

It wasn't for the construction of the rail line, rather just buying land that was deferred.

rhino

#269 Post by rhino » Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:40 am

Pretty sure they will be deferring construction of the rail line, in that case. They usually buy the land before construction.

:)
cheers,
Rhino

[Shuz]

#270 Post by [Shuz] » Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:17 pm

As far as I'm aware, the only land that the State Govt actually owns is the reserve that is clearly visible in Seaford itself. There is no corridor (yet) from Seaford to Aldinga.
Any views and opinions expressed are of my own, and do not reflect the views or opinions of any organisation of which I have an affiliation with.