[COM] Goodwood Junction Rail Underpass | $110m

Threads relating to transport, water, etc. within the CBD and Metropolitan area.
[Shuz]
Super Size Scraper Poster!

[COM] Re: SWP: Goodwood Junction Rail Underpass | $110m

#181 Post by [Shuz] » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:25 pm

Like anything Hooligan, those plans got scrapped.
Any views and opinions expressed are of my own, and do not reflect the views or opinions of any organisation of which I have an affiliation with.

PeFe

#182 Post by PeFe » Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:12 pm

To be fair to Shuz it looks like the transport-orientated-development around the Keswick station has simply been shifted to the area around the new Wayville train station. It still seems possible for apartments to be built along the Anzac Highway end of Richmond Rd and be within 10 minutes walk of the new train station.

Tonsley213
High Rise Poster!

#183 Post by Tonsley213 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:05 pm

I think I saw some plans for an upgraded Keswick Station, but this was a fair while ago.

BRADDO75
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#184 Post by BRADDO75 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:01 pm

Tonsley213 wrote:I think I saw some plans for an upgraded Keswick Station, but this was a fair while ago.
Wasn't the Keswick upgrade going to include the World Park site. I thought a big slab was going to go over the top of Keswick an then incorporate
Housing, Shops, Parklands an Upgraded terminal for Rail Australia. Was I dreaming this up, or did it get scrapped too???
P.S I'm new on here.....so be kind

Will
VIP Member
VIP Member

#185 Post by Will » Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:38 pm

BRADDO75 wrote:
Tonsley213 wrote:I think I saw some plans for an upgraded Keswick Station, but this was a fair while ago.
Wasn't the Keswick upgrade going to include the World Park site. I thought a big slab was going to go over the top of Keswick an then incorporate
Housing, Shops, Parklands an Upgraded terminal for Rail Australia. Was I dreaming this up, or did it get scrapped too???
P.S I'm new on here.....so be kind
Welcome to the forum.

Unless what you are thinking of, is a very old plan (i.e. pre 90s), I have no recollection of such a plan.

BillD
High Rise Poster!

#186 Post by BillD » Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:15 pm

There's some talk from Goodwood locals that the ARTC track from the tram bridge to the Victoria Street crossing is going to be slewed somewhat further to the west. There's not much room - only a few metres.

ChillyPhilly

#187 Post by ChillyPhilly » Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:13 am

BillD wrote:There's some talk from Goodwood locals that the ARTC track from the tram bridge to the Victoria Street crossing is going to be slewed somewhat further to the west. There's not much room - only a few metres.
So in typical fashion, three metres to the side, like the Mall's Balls? :lol:
Our state, our city, our future.

All views expressed on this forum are my own.

witsend
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#188 Post by witsend » Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:02 am

Mile End does get a fair bit if patronage from Temple Christian College and Adelaide High School. I attended a training session up the west end of Currie St, and walked from Mile End rather than go into ARS then catch the tram back.
Regards,

Samuel Wittwer
Posts are not necessarily supported or endorsed by any organisation I am associated with, and normally represent my own personal view.

monotonehell
VIP Member
VIP Member

#189 Post by monotonehell » Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:49 pm

witsend wrote:Mile End does get a fair bit if patronage from Temple Christian College and Adelaide High School. I attended a training session up the west end of Currie St, and walked from Mile End rather than go into ARS then catch the tram back.
I had no idea Mile End was open. I thought they closed that ages ago like North Adelaide (don't tell me North Adelaide is open too now...).
Exit on the right in the direction of travel.

Hooligan
Legendary Member!

#190 Post by Hooligan » Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:42 pm

monotonehell wrote:
witsend wrote:Mile End does get a fair bit if patronage from Temple Christian College and Adelaide High School. I attended a training session up the west end of Currie St, and walked from Mile End rather than go into ARS then catch the tram back.
I had no idea Mile End was open. I thought they closed that ages ago like North Adelaide (don't tell me North Adelaide is open too now...).
North Adelaide gets about 3 services in the morning and 3 in the afternoon on weekdays

Code: Select all

Signature removed 

crawf
Donating Member
Donating Member

#191 Post by crawf » Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:26 pm

Hooligan wrote:
monotonehell wrote:
North Adelaide gets about 3 services in the morning and 3 in the afternoon on weekdays
Once residents and workers start moving to Bowden, I'm sure more people will use it as another way to the city or the northern suburbs. Though the station needs to be more accessible from Park Terrace, better frequency, better security and improvements to the actual station. For example the old station building could be transformed into a cafe or restaurant similar to Bowden Station which has proven very popular.

At the moment North Adelaide Station looks like something you would find in the sticks. Though it's not exactly a priority compared to other stations that are in dire need of an overhaul. Maybe a project for later this decade or early 2020s?

Nathan

#192 Post by Nathan » Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:57 pm

They've been trying to lease out the station building for some time now, but there doesn't seem to be any takers. Perhaps, as you say, it will be more viable when people start moving in to Bowden (Where I will be in the first stage, the NA station will actually be closer than the Bowden Station)

adam73837
High Rise Poster!
Location: The wilderness being sustained by nutrients in the air and powering my laptop with positive energy

#193 Post by adam73837 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:35 am

My apologies if this has already been verified, but what will happen to the Leader St crossing down at Goodwood? Will it remains as it is, or will one or more of the lines be passed beneath it?
I take back many of the things I said before 2010; particularly my anti-Rann rants. While I still maintain some of said opinions, I feel I could have been less arrogant. I also apologise to people I offended; while knowing I can't fully take much back. :)

[Shuz]

#194 Post by [Shuz] » Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:01 am

Re: Leader Street - the plan is for a road overpass to be built.
Any views and opinions expressed are of my own, and do not reflect the views or opinions of any organisation of which I have an affiliation with.

Archer
High Rise Poster!

#195 Post by Archer » Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:00 am

[Shuz] wrote:Re: Leader Street - the plan is for a road overpass to be built.
Is there an actual plan for this? The only indication of work I can find in my quick search on this is that the level crossing at Leader Street will be reconstructed as part of the the Goodwood Rail Underpass project. I would have also thought that a road overpass would have been impractical for this location and would have attracted protests from local residents.