[COM] Adelaide Oval Redevelopment

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in the Adelaide and North Adelaide areas.
Matt
Legendary Member!

[COM] Re: U/C: Adelaide Oval Redevelopment | 53,500 | $545m

#3481 Post by Matt » Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:52 pm

Fantastic pics!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

how good is he
Legendary Member!

#3482 Post by how good is he » Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:07 pm

Not that it's a big deal but the adelaide airport development was paid for by the company that owns the airport and makes a profit from it while Adelaide Oval is being funded by us as taxpayers...I read somewhere about AO they expect a $110m economic return per year to the state so that theoretically it should pay for itself in five years...would be interested to hear what the projected profit is for the venue per annum, if anyone knows?

serca
High Rise Poster!

#3483 Post by serca » Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:27 pm

Well i'll be damned I thought the airport was tax funded government owned !

how good is he
Legendary Member!

#3484 Post by how good is he » Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:54 pm

Sorry to break it to you but all of Australia's airports are privatised and with the UK are the only two places/govts in the world that have done this.

ml69
Legendary Member!

#3485 Post by ml69 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:27 pm

how good is he wrote:Sorry to break it to you but all of Australia's airports are privatised and with the UK are the only two places/govts in the world that have done this.
Gee I was pretty darn sure that the new Adelaide Airport terminal was funded entirely by the federal government? No???

PeFe
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#3486 Post by PeFe » Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:34 am

From Adelaide Now
The Rolling Stones confirmed to play concert at Adelaide Oval

Who else do you want to see play at Adelaide Oval?
•Advertiser.com.au's original exclusive on the Stones' Adelaide concert
•Gallery: Fifty years of the Rolling Stones
•Analysis: Can Mick save Jay at the polls?
•Wait for the greats will be worth it

ADELAIDE Oval will host rock gods The Rolling Stones for a blockbuster concert ­in front of up to 70,000 people during a festival season set to be the city's biggest.

The Advertiser revealed in October that the world-famous band was being headhunted for an Adelaide performance to mark the opening of the upgraded stadium early next year.

It can now be revealed that the concert date will be announced today. It is understood to be on Saturday, March 22.

The show will come at the tail-end of the city's famous festival season, which includes the Fringe and Adelaide festivals, as well as the Clipsal 500 V8 race.

It will be Adelaide Oval's first major music event and held just one week after the state election.

Premier Jay Weatherill's office refused to comment but he has previously branded the prospect of an Adelaide Rolling Stones concert "just speculation".

Mick Jagger performing in the Stones' 'A Bigger Bang' world tour in Sydney.

Mick Jagger performing in the Stones’ ‘A Bigger Bang’ world tour in Sydney. Source: News Limited

It is understood the Government has used taxpayer funds to help lure the band and a source close to the deal said the payment was less than $500,000.

More: Some of the biggest concerts at Football Park

Gallery: Fifty years of the Rolling Stones

Analysis: Can Mick save Jay at the polls?

However, industry sources have previously said a carrot of "at least several million dollars" would be needed to bring the band to Adelaide, a city it has avoided on its last two Australian tours.

Rolling Stones frontman Mick Jagger is a noted cricket fan and it is believed the band has been attracted in part by the chance to play at one of the world's best-known sporting grounds.

While details on ticket pricing are not yet known, fans can expect to pay some of the most expensive fees yet seen for an Australia music performance.

VIP standing tickets to the band's Hyde Park, London, shows this year went for more than $560 and $165 to stand up the back. A VIP "hospitality" ticket set back UK fans more than $1600.

Music promoter Michael Gudinski, who heads Frontier Touring, has previously said securing the Rolling Stones for another Australian tour would be a "dream come true".

The State Government promised the Adelaide Oval redevelopment during the 2010 election campaign after the Opposition unveiled its own plans to enliven the Riverbank precinct.

The upgraded ground had its first test at the weekend during a Sheffield Shield match, where South Australia and Western Australia played in front of only one operational grandstand.

The Ashes Test starting on December 5 is expected to have capacity for 35,000 people because the 18,000-seat southern stand will also be open. Five thousand seats will also be made available in the half-finished eastern stand, where the Government says construction is ahead of schedule.

More: Wait for the greats will be worth it

The Ashes Test is also being promoted as the first chance for the public to use the $40 million River Torrens footbridge that will link Adelaide Oval to the Adelaide Railway Station.

The first AFL match will be a Showdown between the Adelaide Crows and Port Adelaide Power on the evening of March 29, a week after the Rolling Stones concert.

That match will have capacity for 50,000 fans because the entire stadium is expected to be operational.

Concerts at Adelaide Oval will have an even larger capacity because fans are permitted on the turf.

The Rolling Stones last visited Adelaide in 1995 for their Voodoo Lounge tour. The concert was at Football Park and 28,000 tickets were reportedly sold.

Adelaide missed out on the Licks Tour in 2003 and Bigger Bang tour in 2006.

The Rolling Stones first played in Adelaide in 1965, where tickets for the two Centennial Hall shows on February 11 and 12 could be bought for as little as 16 shillings.
http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/entertain ... 6763798447

Vee
Legendary Member!

#3487 Post by Vee » Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:20 pm

Yes, PeFe, great to see Rolling Stones confirmed for Adelaide Oval - only outdoor venue for Oz.

Last AO concert for me was AC/DC and it was huge!!
Already pre-registered, so hoping to get good tickets in the pre-sale tomorrow.
Can't wait!
http://www.ripitup.com.au/music/article ... -oval-show

PrideofSA
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#3488 Post by PrideofSA » Wed Nov 20, 2013 4:58 pm

Lets hope those charming Power supporters don't turn up in their kit and flags and start signing the Power song.

joshyboy
Gold-Member ;)

#3489 Post by joshyboy » Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:10 pm

PrideofSA wrote:Lets hope those charming Power supporters don't turn up in their kit and flags and start signing the Power song.
Pretty sure you won't be able to hear them over the rock band anyway.

PrideofSA
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#3490 Post by PrideofSA » Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:16 pm

joshyboy wrote:
PrideofSA wrote:Lets hope those charming Power supporters don't turn up in their kit and flags and start signing the Power song.
Yeah I know, I was just highlighting the ridiculousness of their actions at the Redbacks shield match.

Alyx
High Rise Poster!

#3491 Post by Alyx » Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:36 pm

PrideofSA wrote:
joshyboy wrote:
Yeah I know, I was just highlighting the ridiculousness of their actions at the Redbacks shield match.
Oh, lighten up! They weren't hurting anyone.

PrideofSA
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#3492 Post by PrideofSA » Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:32 pm

Alyx wrote:
PrideofSA wrote:
joshyboy wrote: Pretty sure you won't be able to hear them over the rock band anyway.
Oh, lighten up! They weren't hurting anyone.
No just cringeworthy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

joshyboy
Gold-Member ;)

#3493 Post by joshyboy » Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:33 pm

PrideofSA wrote:
joshyboy wrote:
They were just having a LOL and getting keen for next season. I thought it was pretty funny actually, and clever.
You get people doing much more rediculous things at cricket normally.

Pants
VIP Member
VIP Member

#3494 Post by Pants » Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:06 pm

I've been a Port supporter pretty much all my life and I thought it was pretty cringeworthy too.

Briggzy_03
High Rise Poster!

#3495 Post by Briggzy_03 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:22 pm

This is the first photo of the Southern Stand i've seen all lit up at night. Simply stunning.

Courtesy of Croweater from the BigFooty forum: