Crane Counter: CBD 7 | Metro 8 | Total 15

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in the Adelaide and North Adelaide areas.
ghs
Super Size Scraper Poster!

Re: Official Crane Counter Thread: CBD: 9 | Metro: 3 | Total

#1021 Post by ghs » Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:52 pm

In the second half of the year the ones I expect to see cranes at are West Franklin, Kodo, UrbanNest North Terrace, Calvery Hospital, Lester Hotel, One Adelaide, New Mayfield Stage 1 and 2, UniSA on Hindley, U2 and Palladium. Potentially upwards of 10 with maybe a few surprises.
In the second half of this year I don't see any cranes going up with the exception of possibly U2 on Waymouth. I spoke to the agent earlier
in the week and he said U2 had 80% sales and will start up next month, but then they spin a fair a bit of rubbish so I wouldn't take much notice of it.
Datong seem so unprofessional.

crawf
Donating Member
Donating Member

#1022 Post by crawf » Thu Apr 21, 2016 12:39 am

:roll:

rev
SA MVP (Most Valued Poster 4000+)

#1023 Post by rev » Thu Apr 21, 2016 1:11 am

It's just his opinion people.
Like those who sook when I have something to say, if you can't handle what someone says, there's an ignore feature that automatically hides that persons posts when you are logged in and it is then your choice to click to reveal what that persons post.

SouthAussie94
Legendary Member!

#1024 Post by SouthAussie94 » Thu Apr 21, 2016 9:47 am

Will UniSA on Hindley need a tower crane? I know that it's a fairly large site but I was of the impression th building was only 2/3 floors high. Would that warrant a crane?
"All we are is bags of bones pushing against a self imposed tide. Just be content with staying alive"

Views and opinions expressed are my own and don't necessarily reflect the views or opinions of any organisation of which I have an affiliation

ghs

#1025 Post by ghs » Sat Apr 23, 2016 8:01 am

In the second half of the year the ones I expect to see cranes at are West Franklin, Kodo, UrbanNest North Terrace, Calvery Hospital, Lester Hotel, One Adelaide, New Mayfield Stage 1 and 2, UniSA on Hindley, U2 and Palladium. Potentially upwards of 10 with maybe a few surprises.
1. West Franklin - a significant amount of demolition work which needs to be undertaken which will mean that construction won't occur until next year.

2. Kodo - they just sacked the sales team due to poor sales.

3. Urbannest North Terrace - there is also a substantial amount of demolition work required which won't be finished until at least the end of the year.

4. Calvary Hospital - hospitals require a significant amount of preparation work. Therefore construction won't start until next year.

5. Lester Hotel - Damian Lester is one of the most dodgiest business people in the whole world. Accordingly I doubt the hotel will ever go ahead.

6. One Adelaide - this project was only launched a few months ago. It will take at least another 6 months to get enough sales.

7. New Mayfield - they don't even have a builder at this stage.

8. Unisa on Hindley - this site is only a couple of levels so won't need a permanent crane.

9. U2 - they said that construction had started more then 12 months ago and nothing has happened since.
We could see a crane by the end of the year as no demoiltion is required.

10. Palladium - Premium apartments which will take a long time to sell.

I am sorry if I come across as blunt but we need to be realistic here. We're nearly into May now. Things don't just happen overnight
when it comes to construction.

Norman
Donating Member
Donating Member

#1026 Post by Norman » Sat Apr 23, 2016 2:24 pm

I would be happy not to see the Lester Hotel get up

mgb
High Rise Poster!

#1027 Post by mgb » Tue Apr 26, 2016 1:51 pm

4. Calvary Hospital

Will be at least 2 cranes, with potential for being 3

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member

#1028 Post by Ben » Tue Apr 26, 2016 2:37 pm

ghs wrote:
1. West Franklin - a significant amount of demolition work which needs to be undertaken which will mean that construction won't occur until next year.

Site will be cleared by end of August at the latest, with construction starting straight after.

2. Kodo - they just sacked the sales team due to poor sales.

Kodo already has enough sales to warrant construction.

3. Urbannest North Terrace - there is also a substantial amount of demolition work required which won't be finished until at least the end of the year.

There is announcement about this one next week. That is all I can say for now.

4. Calvary Hospital - hospitals require a significant amount of preparation work. Therefore construction won't start until next year.

Site is almost cleared already due to half being a carpark and other is a single story shed like building.

5. Lester Hotel - Damian Lester is one of the most dodgiest business people in the whole world. Accordingly I doubt the hotel will ever go ahead.

Pure speculation. No facts to back up your statement.

6. One Adelaide - this project was only launched a few months ago. It will take at least another 6 months to get enough sales.

I have been told they plan to start site works in next couple of months.

7. New Mayfield - they don't even have a builder at this stage.

pre sales have been reached it will depending on the legla team as to what happens. Anyones guess.

8. Unisa on Hindley - this site is only a couple of levels so won't need a permanent crane.

the site is extremely wide and could easily warrant a crane similar construction method at Flinders due to wide site.

9. U2 - they said that construction had started more then 12 months ago and nothing has happened since.

I know nothing about this datong seem very unprofessional. They have 85% sales from what i've been told. No idea what is holding this up but yes once a builder is appointed it should happen fast.

10. Palladium - Premium apartments which will take a long time to sell.

What do you mean? this has been for sale for years and construction should start in next couple of months.

I am sorry if I come across as blunt but we need to be realistic here. We're nearly into May now. Things don't just happen overnight
when it comes to construction.
My more realistic outlook. I don't see a "Valley of death" maybe i'm wearing rose coloured glasses or i'm just not a pessimist who knows.

ghs

#1029 Post by ghs » Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:15 pm

1. West Franklin - It will take 3-4 months just to get the demolition done, followed by 3-4 months to do the foundations.
Accordingly we won't see crane(s) until next year.

2. Kodo - what percentage of sales does this project have ? It would be fairly low given that they sacked the sales team.

3. Urbannest North Terrace - this is still in the preliminary stages. We would need a miracle to see a crane on site this year.

4. Calvary Hospital - There's a lot of design / planning work involved in a hospital. Why do you think NRAH has taken so long ?

5. Lester Hotel - Do a search online for Damian Lester.

6. One Adelaide - They said that it will be SWP in a few months. But the sales people always say that to get people interested. How many times have we been
through this issue ?

7. New Mayfield - about a week ago you said stage 1 & 2 will both have cranes by the years end. Now your saying it's 'anyone's guess' ?

8. Unisa on Hindley - The site is not that big and it's only 2 levels

9. U2 - who knows - Datong told me last week that it will start in May but I wouldn't believe anything they say, I agree they are very unprofessional.

10. Palladium - this has basicallly been stagnant for at least 2 years. What makes you think it will suddenly startup in the next 2 months ?

Ben, you drastically underestimate how long it takes for a project to startup and reach the point where a crane is onsite.

If you take Bohem as an example, site works started around 6 months ago, there was no demolition work involved and we still don't have a
crane yet.

ghs

#1030 Post by ghs » Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:02 pm

The crane at Verde will be going up over the next week. We should get a bit of a run on now with more
to come - Bohem, East Park, August Towers & Hindley street. After that it's not looking so good.

ml69
Legendary Member!

#1031 Post by ml69 » Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:09 pm

ghs wrote:The crane at Verde will be going up over the next week. We should get a bit of a run on now with more
to come - Bohem, East Park, August Towers & Hindley street. After that it's not looking so good.
Which one is Verde?

ghs

#1032 Post by ghs » Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:41 pm

It's in a side street down the road from East Park.

EBG

#1033 Post by EBG » Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:32 pm

Metro now 3.5
A small (narrow) crane base has been installed at Verde 60-62 king William St Kent Town this week As predicted by ghs.
This is in the same street as East park.
There is also another 4 (0r more) story development at 64 King William St?
Attachments
20160430_verde 3.jpg
20160430_verde 3.jpg (98.31 KiB) Viewed 2496 times

ghs

#1034 Post by ghs » Thu May 05, 2016 4:43 pm

13 Now - The crane at Verde is up, I think Bohem will be next.

Patrick_27

#1035 Post by Patrick_27 » Thu May 05, 2016 11:26 pm

ghs wrote:13 Now - The crane at Verde is up, I think Bohem will be next.
Will definitely be Bohem, the elevator and crane cores appear to be almost done.