[COM] Westfield West Lakes (Extension)

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in areas other than the CBD and North Adelaide. Includes Port Adelaide and Glenelg.
nath91
Gold-Member ;)

[COM] Re: #COM: Westfield West Lakes Expansion | $95m

#256 Post by nath91 » Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:31 am

Some recent developments over the past few months: Kmart had a remodel now with staff checkouts in the middle of the store and only self serve at the door - is this a model most new Kmart stores follow now?
Also, Shinobu Sushi Train now open in the Coles Market court, Kungfu Express trading in old Gourmet Dumpling/Subway spot, Shoe Shed open in ex Go-Lo spot. New Connor store open in former Globalize spot, now forming a triangle of menswear shops with YD opposite and Tarocash one shop over.
Last edited by nath91 on Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

pushbutton
Legendary Member!

#257 Post by pushbutton » Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:38 am

That does seem to be the model for all new and refurbished Kmarts. The new one at Churchill Centre is the same.

I'll be very interested to learn how this affects their shrinkage once the shoplifters realise.

I predict the checkouts will all be back at the front after they've done a couple of stock takes.

Brucetiki
Legendary Member!

#258 Post by Brucetiki » Wed Dec 31, 2014 4:01 pm

Can't see Kungfu Express lasting too long if their customer service levels, and misleading signage are anything to go by.

nath91
Gold-Member ;)

#259 Post by nath91 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 4:27 pm

San Churro Chocolateria now open in the old Bendigo Bank site opposite Gloria Jeans. Good set up, they've removed some carpark spaces to activate a street front alfresco dining space.

nath91
Gold-Member ;)

#260 Post by nath91 » Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:22 pm

Rona Kebabs now trading in the food court.

Michel's Patisserie, Kim's Gourmet Poultry, Vom Fass and Virgin Mobile have all closed their doors, unlucky they were all relatively close to each other. Wendy's branding has been removed, now trading under the Golden North brand, same as at TTP

Brucetiki
Legendary Member!

#261 Post by Brucetiki » Thu Oct 20, 2016 4:19 pm

David Jones to downgrade their West Lakes store into their 'Village' format - in short a single story store with a focus on fashion and cosmetics only.

It's understood David Jones will occupy the first floor only, with something like Top Shop or H&M taking David Jones' ground floor space.

SRW
Donating Member
Donating Member

#262 Post by SRW » Thu Oct 20, 2016 7:08 pm

Do we really expect that Topshop or H&M would open their first SA standalones at Westlakes? Maybe a Cotton On megastore?
Keep Adelaide Weird

crawf
Donating Member
Donating Member

#263 Post by crawf » Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:17 am

SRW wrote:Do we really expect that Topshop or H&M would open their first SA standalones at Westlakes? Maybe a Cotton On megastore?
Why not?. West Lakes is the third biggest shopping centre in the state, plus these stores are struggling to find suitable space in the Adelaide CBD.

I'm also pretty sure there already a Cotton On Mega at West Lakes. Either way it would be extremely underwhelming to lose a DJ floor for that.

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member

#264 Post by Ben » Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:39 am

In terms of Sales West Lakes is almost on Par with TTP which is a big surprise to me. I guess because its a more affluent area. Those international brands would do well here.

I Follow PAFC
High Rise Poster!

#265 Post by I Follow PAFC » Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:50 am

crawf wrote:
SRW wrote:Do we really expect that Topshop or H&M would open their first SA standalones at Westlakes? Maybe a Cotton On megastore?
Why not?. West Lakes is the third biggest shopping centre in the state, plus these stores are struggling to find suitable space in the Adelaide CBD.

I'm also pretty sure there already a Cotton On Mega at West Lakes. Either way it would be extremely underwhelming to lose a DJ floor for that.
There is a Cotton On at West Lakes.
I Follow The Port Adelaide Football Club
https://www.facebook.com/IFollowThePAFC/

crawf
Donating Member
Donating Member

#266 Post by crawf » Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:58 am

I Follow PAFC wrote:
crawf wrote:

There is a Cotton On at West Lakes.
Cotton On Mega has more variety and floor space compared to their stand alone Cotton On stores. There is already one at Marion and Rundle Mall (former Borders store)

Torrens_5022
High Rise Poster!

#267 Post by Torrens_5022 » Fri Oct 21, 2016 12:47 pm

Cotton on Mega is about the same size as Best and Less, about 1/4 the size of a floor of David Jones at West Lakes. H&M would be more suited then Cotton on Mega to the site unless they are going to divide up the space, I doubt David Jones would give up the ground floor, it has mall access on two sides, the first floor only has JB-HIFI, cinemas and a few shops, less traffic. Another options for the store could be a JB-HiFi home store.

how good is he
Legendary Member!

#268 Post by how good is he » Fri Oct 21, 2016 2:47 pm

I have also heard a big new Foodland run by Chapley (Frewville, Norwood, Henley Bch) is going to be built in the new West development. Incl. Aldi and one day more specialty shops/high street fashion it will be good competition against Westfield.

crawf
Donating Member
Donating Member

#269 Post by crawf » Fri Oct 21, 2016 4:42 pm

how good is he wrote:I have also heard a big new Foodland run by Chapley (Frewville, Norwood, Henley Bch) is going to be built in the new West development. Incl. Aldi and one day more specialty shops/high street fashion it will be good competition against Westfield.
Aldi has already opened. It's on the corner of West Lakes Bvd and Fredrick Roads.

how good is he
Legendary Member!

#270 Post by how good is he » Fri Oct 21, 2016 7:27 pm

Yes I know, I was just saying Aldi & many other stores to come will give Westfield good competition.