[PRO] 124-126 Franklin Street | 87m | 26 Lvls | Hotel

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in the Adelaide and North Adelaide areas.
sponge
Sen-Rookie-Sational

[PRO] Re: 124-126 Franklin Street | 89m | 26 Lvls | Apartments

#136 Post by sponge » Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:24 pm

Mpol wrote:MORE BLANK BLOODY WALLS! At lease give these pricks a balcony to change things up.
Improvement over original yes but far from impressed. The western skyline will be a total mess with this and KODO.
Have you even looked at the floor plans? 3 x Balcony's on the 2 Bedroom and 3 Bedroom lay outs. How many more do you need per apartment mate?

Jodes
Sen-Rookie-Sational

[PRO] Re: 124-126 Franklin Street | 86m | 26 Lvls | Apartments

#137 Post by Jodes » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:00 pm

Thanks sponge. I joined this group so that I could agree with you. We are hoping to make 124 Franklin Street our home and I've been following this conversation since it began. My husband and I love the floor plans - not just a compact box with all internal walls interconnecting. We love the idea of three balconies - with room on the largest one for a full outdoor setting and our BabyQ. We don't want our new home to be considered ugly on the outside and I get the feeling that many on this forum are far more knowledgeable than us about architecture but please look closely at the internal plans as well.

sponge
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#138 Post by sponge » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:19 am

Jodes wrote:Thanks sponge. I joined this group so that I could agree with you. We are hoping to make 124 Franklin Street our home and I've been following this conversation since it began. My husband and I love the floor plans - not just a compact box with all internal walls interconnecting. We love the idea of three balconies - with room on the largest one for a full outdoor setting and our BabyQ. We don't want our new home to be considered ugly on the outside and I get the feeling that many on this forum are far more knowledgeable than us about architecture but please look closely at the internal plans as well.
Excellent news, my wife and I have also committed to a 3 bedroom apartment on a mid floor. There really is nothing on the market with a similar plan, we are moving from the suburbs with quite a large home so having that separation throughout the apartment we think is crucial for us. We looked at West Franklin but the layouts are the same old big square box with a heap of neighbors and the interior finishes you could not even compare. I actually love the look of the new renders personally! We are desperate for this to go ahead as we will really struggle to find something we like otherwise. Also having the best markets in Australia on our doorstep, how awesome is that!

monotonehell
VIP Member
VIP Member

#139 Post by monotonehell » Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:24 am

sponge wrote:
Jodes wrote:Thanks sponge. I joined this group so that I could agree with you. We are hoping to make 124 Franklin Street our home and I've been following this conversation since it began. My husband and I love the floor plans - not just a compact box with all internal walls interconnecting. We love the idea of three balconies - with room on the largest one for a full outdoor setting and our BabyQ. We don't want our new home to be considered ugly on the outside and I get the feeling that many on this forum are far more knowledgeable than us about architecture but please look closely at the internal plans as well.
Excellent news, my wife and I have also committed to a 3 bedroom apartment on a mid floor. There really is nothing on the market with a similar plan, we are moving from the suburbs with quite a large home so having that separation throughout the apartment we think is crucial for us. We looked at West Franklin but the layouts are the same old big square box with a heap of neighbors and the interior finishes you could not even compare. I actually love the look of the new renders personally! We are desperate for this to go ahead as we will really struggle to find something we like otherwise. Also having the best markets in Australia on our doorstep, how awesome is that!
Are you two married to each other? :lol: :wink:

Welcome to the forum.
Exit on the right in the direction of travel.

sponge
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#140 Post by sponge » Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:49 am

hah I can assure you I have never met Jodes, I have a lovely wife called Priscilla :)

I was a long time lurker on the forums as well before I posted. It would be nice to hear from more people actually looking to move into the city instead of the constant chatter about a blank wall here, or this building is ugly. I love Adelaide, we run a business here but we are so quick to point out the negatives all the time. In my line of work we manufacture and install kitchens. Some of the colour choices my clients use I would never dream of putting in my house, but it is called personal choice. If you don't like something that is ok, but don't just rubbish it, someone else may love it. I look forward to watching our CBD grow upwards over the coming years!

citywatcher
Legendary Member!

#141 Post by citywatcher » Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:13 pm

Yeah but we don't have to look at their kitchens all the time

monotonehell
VIP Member
VIP Member

#142 Post by monotonehell » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:16 pm

sponge wrote:hah I can assure you I have never met Jodes, I have a lovely wife called Priscilla :)

I was a long time lurker on the forums as well before I posted. It would be nice to hear from more people actually looking to move into the city instead of the constant chatter about a blank wall here, or this building is ugly. I love Adelaide, we run a business here but we are so quick to point out the negatives all the time. In my line of work we manufacture and install kitchens. Some of the colour choices my clients use I would never dream of putting in my house, but it is called personal choice. If you don't like something that is ok, but don't just rubbish it, someone else may love it. I look forward to watching our CBD grow upwards over the coming years!
Long term Adelaide resident here. :D
Exit on the right in the direction of travel.

mshagg
Legendary Member!

#143 Post by mshagg » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:25 pm

sponge wrote: I was a long time lurker on the forums as well before I posted. It would be nice to hear from more people actually looking to move into the city instead of the constant chatter about a blank wall here, or this building is ugly. I love Adelaide, we run a business here but we are so quick to point out the negatives all the time. In my line of work we manufacture and install kitchens. Some of the colour choices my clients use I would never dream of putting in my house, but it is called personal choice. If you don't like something that is ok, but don't just rubbish it, someone else may love it. I look forward to watching our CBD grow upwards over the coming years!
To be fair, the forum is construction/development focused, rather than a place to offer a running commentary on the quality of kitchen finishes or internal layout of individual apartments.

I live about 200m away from this proposed development in one of the most maligned and despised apartment buildings on this forum. But hey, I love the apartment itself (even if it's what you might call a "big square box" lol) and it certainly is a great spot in the city.

sponge
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#144 Post by sponge » Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:37 pm

I understand, I guess my point was more what one person might consider ugly, another person might not.

Glad you enjoy living in that part of town!

Jodes
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#145 Post by Jodes » Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:06 pm

Thanks for the welcome!
I must admit it did sound a little as if we were related, but sponge has cleared that up. We may be near neighbours in the future though! My husband and I would echo all of the points made by sponge - we desperately hope this development goes ahead because we've checked out all others and they don't meet our needs and wants at all!
I love reading everyone's comments and will enjoy continuing to lurk and comment in the future. I feel a little like I'm a member of the city neighbourhood already.

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member

#146 Post by Ben » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:03 am

Welcome guys. Has the agent given you any indication of when this might start?

sponge
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#147 Post by sponge » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:30 pm

Ben wrote:Welcome guys. Has the agent given you any indication of when this might start?
I will talk to him in the next cpl weeks and let you know mate.

He did send me an email last week saying the soil test was being done early this week, so was happy when that actually happened on time.

This buying off the plan stuff is quite nerve racking, especially with all the non starters or stalled projects. I tried to look at a 3 Bedroom in U2 and was told they were sold out. Looking back now so glad that happened!

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member

#148 Post by Ben » Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:33 pm

Thats good they were honest with you. I've been told since December 2015 that Kodo was to start in March 2016 and then each month after that "next month". The agents just want the sales so if you can find an honest one that should be promoted.

Jaymz
Legendary Member!

#149 Post by Jaymz » Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:56 pm

Ben wrote:Thats good they were honest with you. I've been told since December 2015 that Kodo was to start in March 2016 and then each month after that "next month". The agents just want the sales so if you can find an honest one that should be promoted.
Yep, and don't even get me started on New Mayfield. It still has the sign on the fence that says "construction starting October 2014" :x

citywatcher
Legendary Member!

#150 Post by citywatcher » Wed May 17, 2017 4:09 pm

This is a good quality development. Hope it does. Not the best location though.

Sent from my GT-S7275T using Tapatalk