[COM] Westfield West Lakes (Extension)

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in areas other than the CBD and North Adelaide. Includes Port Adelaide and Glenelg.
Message
Author
Brucetiki
Legendary Member!
Posts: 715
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:20 pm
Has thanked: 351 times
Been thanked: 35 times

[COM] Re: #COM: Westfield West Lakes Expansion | $95m

#271 Post by Brucetiki » Sun Oct 23, 2016 11:34 am

SRW wrote:Do we really expect that Topshop or H&M would open their first SA standalones at Westlakes? Maybe a Cotton On megastore?
Haven't H&M already confirmed they'll open at TTP if that expansion goes ahead.

They seem to be pretty content with opening in the suburbs before opening in the CBD

pushbutton
Legendary Member!
Posts: 1417
Joined: Fri Jan 12, 2007 8:01 pm
Location: Adelaide
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 17 times

[COM] Re: #COM: Westfield West Lakes Expansion | $95m

#272 Post by pushbutton » Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:17 pm


Brucetiki
Legendary Member!
Posts: 715
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:20 pm
Has thanked: 351 times
Been thanked: 35 times

[COM] Re: #COM: Westfield West Lakes Expansion | $95m

#273 Post by Brucetiki » Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:15 am

pushbutton wrote:DJs redevelopment starts next week

https://www.westfield.com.au/westlakes/ ... ment/37008
Some of the departments have already made the move - Menswear moved upstairs a couple of weeks ago.

Also, I note Westfield have said new retailers will take the level 2 space. Will that mean they will be converting the space into specialty shops and it won't be a H&M (or someone along those lines).

I Follow PAFC
High Rise Poster!
Posts: 252
Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:23 pm
Has thanked: 12 times
Been thanked: 44 times

[COM] Re: #COM: Westfield West Lakes Expansion | $95m

#274 Post by I Follow PAFC » Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:34 pm

Brucetiki wrote:
pushbutton wrote:DJs redevelopment starts next week

https://www.westfield.com.au/westlakes/ ... ment/37008
Some of the departments have already made the move - Menswear moved upstairs a couple of weeks ago.

Also, I note Westfield have said new retailers will take the level 2 space. Will that mean they will be converting the space into specialty shops and it won't be a H&M (or someone along those lines).
Would like to see JB move into a bit of it.
I Follow The Port Adelaide Football Club
https://www.facebook.com/IFollowThePAFC/

pushbutton
Legendary Member!
Posts: 1417
Joined: Fri Jan 12, 2007 8:01 pm
Location: Adelaide
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 17 times

[COM] Re: #COM: Westfield West Lakes Expansion | $95m

#275 Post by pushbutton » Sun Jan 22, 2017 8:15 pm

I Follow PAFC wrote:
Brucetiki wrote:
pushbutton wrote:DJs redevelopment starts next week

https://www.westfield.com.au/westlakes/ ... ment/37008
Some of the departments have already made the move - Menswear moved upstairs a couple of weeks ago.

Also, I note Westfield have said new retailers will take the level 2 space. Will that mean they will be converting the space into specialty shops and it won't be a H&M (or someone along those lines).
Would like to see JB move into a bit of it.
Why? They're already right next door!

I Follow PAFC
High Rise Poster!
Posts: 252
Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:23 pm
Has thanked: 12 times
Been thanked: 44 times

[COM] Re: #COM: Westfield West Lakes Expansion | $95m

#276 Post by I Follow PAFC » Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:10 pm

I Follow PAFC wrote: Would like to see JB move into a bit of it.
pushbutton wrote:Why? They're already right next door!
Try to get around the store in a wheelchair you can't get down every aisles and by law you have to and I have got told they are looking into doing something about it.
I Follow The Port Adelaide Football Club
https://www.facebook.com/IFollowThePAFC/

how good is he
Legendary Member!
Posts: 842
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:26 am
Been thanked: 42 times

[COM] Re: #COM: Westfield West Lakes Expansion | $95m

#277 Post by how good is he » Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:37 pm

Not trying to be smart, but it would be a struggle at every other JB store I can think of as well.
Last edited by how good is he on Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Stefan
Sen-Rookie-Sational
Posts: 40
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:47 pm
Has thanked: 1 time

[COM] Re: #COM: Westfield West Lakes Expansion | $95m

#278 Post by Stefan » Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:16 pm

Hey guys,

Looks like JB is expanding slightly and Good Life Gym will take up the rest of the space.

crawf
Donating Member
Donating Member
Posts: 5413
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2006 7:49 pm
Location: Adelaide
Has thanked: 170 times
Been thanked: 319 times

[COM] Re: #COM: Westfield West Lakes Expansion | $95m

#279 Post by crawf » Thu May 04, 2017 11:34 am

With the rumour mill going crazy in the CBD retail thread regarding RMP, it will be interesting to see what happens here..

The ground floor is in the process of being gutted and transformed into new tenancies, while DJs has been downsized permanently to Level 1. I noticed on Tuesday, that the tenancy at the corner of the Target Mall and ex DJs entrance is vacant.

Not sure if any work is taking place on Level 1, e.g. a two-level retail store.

Stefan
Sen-Rookie-Sational
Posts: 40
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:47 pm
Has thanked: 1 time

[COM] Re: #COM: Westfield West Lakes Expansion | $95m

#280 Post by Stefan » Thu May 04, 2017 8:59 pm

crawf wrote:With the rumour mill going crazy in the CBD retail thread regarding RMP, it will be interesting to see what happens here..

The ground floor is in the process of being gutted and transformed into new tenancies, while DJs has been downsized permanently to Level 1. I noticed on Tuesday, that the tenancy at the corner of the Target Mall and ex DJs entrance is vacant.

Not sure if any work is taking place on Level 1, e.g. a two-level retail store.
Ground floor is actually being renovated for David Jones when they move back. As for level 1, JB HI will expand into the existing DJ site and a gym will take up majority of the rest (most likely goodlife). However it is a large space so I'm sure it wont just be the two businesses.

crawf
Donating Member
Donating Member
Posts: 5413
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2006 7:49 pm
Location: Adelaide
Has thanked: 170 times
Been thanked: 319 times

[COM] Re: #COM: Westfield West Lakes Expansion | $95m

#281 Post by crawf » Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:40 pm

Feel like a broken record... though there is definitely something planned for Level 1, in conjunction with the DJs space. Went there tonight and noticed all the shops on the right side of the escalators have been vacated, except for a Hearing shop. The tenancy directly below Rebel Sport is also still closed up, which faces the large atrium space. Great exposure for a major international retailer *hint hint*

I Follow PAFC
High Rise Poster!
Posts: 252
Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:23 pm
Has thanked: 12 times
Been thanked: 44 times

[COM] Re: #COM: Westfield West Lakes Expansion | $95m

#282 Post by I Follow PAFC » Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:05 pm

David Jones West Lakes is opening on Thursday 2nd November 2017.
https://www.westfield.com.au/westlakes/ ... evelopment
I Follow The Port Adelaide Football Club
https://www.facebook.com/IFollowThePAFC/

I Follow PAFC
High Rise Poster!
Posts: 252
Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:23 pm
Has thanked: 12 times
Been thanked: 44 times

[COM] Re: #COM: Westfield West Lakes Expansion | $95m

#283 Post by I Follow PAFC » Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:55 pm

goodlife health club is opening at West Lakes.
https://www.goodlifehealthclubs.com.au/westlakes
I Follow The Port Adelaide Football Club
https://www.facebook.com/IFollowThePAFC/

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Plasmatron and 3 guests