[COM] 11 Frome Street | 138m | 37 Levels | Crowne Plaza / Adelaidean | New tallest

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in the Adelaide and North Adelaide areas.
how good is he
Legendary Member!

[COM] Re: Frome Central | Retail/Hotel/Student | Towers:134/75m &

#256 Post by how good is he » Fri Feb 03, 2017 2:40 pm

Heard that reps for this development & Echelon (Karidis) are meeting with hotel chain operators to manage the hotel component once complete. It may also help their marketing for sales of apartments once signed up. Thinking of who is suitable that ideally hasn't got representation here? Hyatt,Shangri-la, W hotel, Sheraton (yet).

rev
SA MVP (Most Valued Poster 4000+)

#257 Post by rev » Fri Feb 03, 2017 2:54 pm

how good is he wrote:Heard that reps for this development & Echelon (Karidis) are meeting with hotel chain operator to manage it once complete. It may also help their marketing for sales of apartments once signed up. Thinking who is suitable that maybe hasn't got representation here? Hyatt,Shangri-la, W hotel, Sheraton (as well as the one proposed in Nth Adelaide).
Marriott has a bunch of brands we don't have in Adelaide such as JW Marriott, Ritz Carlton and even Bvlgari branded hotels.
Also under the Hilton brand there's Doubletree. There's one in Melbourne and they're doing one in Perth I believe.
Sheraton and W are owned by Starwood. Starwood might be taken over by Jing Jiang which is one of the worlds largest hotel operators.
Personally I don't think this building is special enough for any of the higher end hotels.

ChillyPhilly
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#258 Post by ChillyPhilly » Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:06 pm

how good is he wrote:Heard that reps for this development & Echelon (Karidis) are meeting with hotel chain operators to manage the hotel component once complete. It may also help their marketing for sales of apartments once signed up. Thinking of who is suitable that ideally hasn't got representation here? Hyatt,Shangri-la, W hotel, Sheraton (yet).
InterContinental used to be Hyatt.
Our state, our city, our future.

All views expressed on this forum are my own.

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member

#259 Post by Ben » Fri Feb 03, 2017 4:19 pm

I think it would be a mid range hotel maybe like an Oaks.

floplo
High Rise Poster!

#260 Post by floplo » Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:10 am

After the demise of New Mayfield I somehow doubt that Starwood Aloft is able to open there (at least on September 1, 2019 as still mentioned on their website), so maybe they will jump ship and get in there?

Patrick_27
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#261 Post by Patrick_27 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:33 pm

Howling Owl and Urban Cow will be making a move in late-April to their new premises which they have now announced and are pushing amongst their regulars... Across from The Elephant Pub where there is currently a restaurant and an art gallery, massive space, will certainly help liven up that area during the day.

SRW
Donating Member
Donating Member

#262 Post by SRW » Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:52 pm

Patrick_27 wrote:Howling Owl and Urban Cow will be making a move in late-April to their new premises which they have now announced and are pushing amongst their regulars... Across from The Elephant Pub where there is currently a restaurant and an art gallery, massive space, will certainly help liven up that area during the day.
Well that Broadsheet article certainly led me astray as to possible locations, but this is good news. That laneway needs a serious injection of life beyond the Exeter, and none of the previous tenants have managed to stay long term. Hopefully the seemingly dedicated patrons of Howling Owl and Urban Cow make them the exception.
Keep Adelaide Weird

Ser Noit of Loit
High Rise Poster!

#263 Post by Ser Noit of Loit » Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:47 pm

Didn't they say this was going to start at the new year? Or is part of the process the paperwork of changing the existing building ownership over and relocating the Rhino Room. Not familiar with building protocols.

Norman
Donating Member
Donating Member

#264 Post by Norman » Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:56 pm

Ser Noit of Loit wrote:Didn't they say this was going to start at the new year? Or is part of the process the paperwork of changing the existing building ownership over and relocating the Rhino Room. Not familiar with building protocols.
Construction has started on the student accommodation part. As for the main tower, that won't start until most of the building's apartments have been sold. I don't think they have even launched the apartment side of the project, and the hotel part needs an operator. All in good time, it's only just been approved.

AroundADL
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#265 Post by AroundADL » Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:27 pm

This one was launched by Colliers Real Estate today. Frome Central can now be labelled as 'Adelaidean'

http://www.adelaideanliving.com.au/

slenderman
High Rise Poster!

#266 Post by slenderman » Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:18 pm

Wow. With every new render, this one keeps getting glassier and glassier, and it looks like it's 150m tall. Student building also looks about 100m tall in this render. Originally saw this posted by PaPa Riddlz on SSC. Image from Colliers International website.
Adelaidean.png
Adelaidean.png (598.41 KiB) Viewed 2229 times
Quality's a bit crap since I had to resize it to fit on the page. You can find a better quality picture at: http://www.colliers.com.au/~/media/aust ... idean.ashx

wilkiebarkid
Donating Member
Donating Member

#267 Post by wilkiebarkid » Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:53 pm

The positioning in relationship to the Mansions and also the Uni building on North Terrace are not correct but I guess it gives an idea of the skyline impact.

crawf
Donating Member
Donating Member

#268 Post by crawf » Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:13 pm

Hmm is it just my eyes though does this look much taller than 134 metres?

arki
High Rise Poster!

#269 Post by arki » Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:40 pm

Very nice design and rather understated. Also loving the recessed balconies on most of our proposals (Kodo the obvious exception).

floplo
High Rise Poster!

#270 Post by floplo » Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:05 am

crawf wrote:Hmm is it just my eyes though does this look much taller than 134 metres?
as wilkiebarkid mentioned, the render has the buildings in the wrong locations, which I guess might throw off our perception of their size...