Adelaide Oval news and events

All event related discussion should go here.. e.g. Clipsal 500, Womadelaide, SALA, etc.
Llessur2002
Super Size Scraper Poster!

Re: Adelaide Oval Redevelopment

#226 Post by Llessur2002 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:23 am

Good to see the Oval getting on board with Fringe activities:

https://www.adelaidefringe.com.au/fring ... errace-bar

Jaymz
Legendary Member!

#227 Post by Jaymz » Sun Feb 19, 2017 3:12 pm

Well what can I say. What an absolute cracker of a setting for one of the best rock 'n roll shows i've ever seen!! Brilliant venue, brilliant sound and a brilliant crowd.
I went to last night without much expectation, and I left feeling like i'd got much more than my moneys worth. Kudos to GnR and Adelaide Oval, everyone left with a giant smile on their face :D

Waewick

#228 Post by Waewick » Sun Feb 19, 2017 3:21 pm

Looking forward to the fringe shows there. What a back drop

rockthenation
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#229 Post by rockthenation » Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:19 pm

They opened up the bar underneath the Western Grandstand which was great and much easier than getting off the ground, going down the stairs around to the bar and repeat. $13.90 for spirits vs $10.50 for the same at the MCG is still a joke btw.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

crawf
Donating Member
Donating Member

#230 Post by crawf » Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:41 pm

Jaymz wrote:Well what can I say. What an absolute cracker of a setting for one of the best rock 'n roll shows i've ever seen!! Brilliant venue, brilliant sound and a brilliant crowd.
I went to last night without much expectation, and I left feeling like i'd got much more than my moneys worth. Kudos to GnR and Adelaide Oval, everyone left with a giant smile on their face :D
All up the atmosphere in the city was electric last night with the combination of the Fringe Festival and GnR :)

Norman
Donating Member
Donating Member

#231 Post by Norman » Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:40 pm

Definitely. The concert hadn't finished by 10 but even by then the 6-car Seaford trains were crammed full like a Tokyo subway. A lot of people saying that it was more full than after an AFL game, and that it was their first time at the parade. Some even said they never went to the city until Adelaide Oval was established. Such a testament to this development.

skyliner

#232 Post by skyliner » Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:05 am

Si how many came to the Adele concert?

Had heard of another power loss in the show. SA getting a hammering in the media. Hope the power announcement at 11.00 E.S.T. covers the problems.

ADELAIDE - TOWARDS A GREATER CITY SKYLINE
Jack.

Norman
Donating Member
Donating Member

#233 Post by Norman » Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:12 am

skyliner wrote:Si how many came to the Adele concert?

Had heard of another power loss in the show. SA getting a hammering in the media. Hope the power announcement at 11.00 E.S.T. covers the problems.

Apparently it was a power cord under the stage. Nothing to do with the grid.

Alyx
High Rise Poster!

#234 Post by Alyx » Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:23 am

70,000, apparently.

crawf
Donating Member
Donating Member

#235 Post by crawf » Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:02 am

Biggest concert ever held in Adelaide. Pretty amazing considering Womad, Fringe and the Festival was on yesterday.... the East End was again buzzing last night.

I wouldn't say hammered, just a small snippet here and there.

phenom
High Rise Poster!

#236 Post by phenom » Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:51 pm

Norman wrote:Apparently it was a power cord under the stage. Nothing to do with the grid.
Yep, but with a headline in AdelaideNow designed to cause mischief by suggesting it was another network failure. Everytime I think that paper has reached an all time low it goes and sets another even lower one. Then they have the gall to do their 'we're working for Adelaide' style puff pieces. Yes, working for Adelaide by deliberately spreading lies to damage our reputation.

rev
SA MVP (Most Valued Poster 4000+)

#237 Post by rev » Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:07 pm

Norman wrote:

Apparently it was a power cord under the stage. Nothing to do with the grid.
Part of the stage that was apparently rotating, the cabling wasn't setup correctly so when it rotated, the plug came out.
That's what happens when you are running behind schedule on setting up the stage and the main bits and pieces for the show arrive the afternoon before the concert.

skyliner

Re: Adelaide Oval news and events

#238 Post by skyliner » Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:00 pm

Thanks for the info. The whole CBD must have been crazy with energy. (not like I remember when I left in 1986 - tumbleweeds drifting down a completely inactive Grenfell St on a Sat. - and with kids skateboarding on the street).

NB. Eastern media was the info source I was referring to concerning SA getting a hammering. They made it look like a grid issue with the same captions as when THE statewide outage occurred, inherently trying to embarrass SA. No big noise about massive attendance, and if there was it was compared to Sydney with 95000. To square it off So far Adelaide concert has been second biggest one of all in Aust.

Jack.

Jaymz
Legendary Member!

#239 Post by Jaymz » Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:30 am

skyliner wrote:Thanks for the info. The whole CBD must have been crazy with energy. (not like I remember when I left in 1986 - tumbleweeds drifting down a completely inactive Grenfell St on a Sat. - and with kids skateboarding on the street).

NB. Eastern media was the info source I was referring to concerning SA getting a hammering. They made it look like a grid issue with the same captions as when THE statewide outage occurred, inherently trying to embarrass SA. No big noise about massive attendance, and if there was it was compared to Sydney with 95000. To square it off So far Adelaide concert has been second biggest one of all in Aust.

Absolutely!! I scrolled through news.com as I do every day, and the only stories regarding the Adele concert at Adelaide Oval was mention of a "blackout" during the concert, and of the entertainer telling a smutty joke to the crowd. No write up on the actual concert, no mention of it being the largest concert ever held there and very few photos.

PeFe

#240 Post by PeFe » Fri May 19, 2017 3:36 pm

Ed Sheeran to play Adelaide Oval in March 2018. I don't think he will break Adele's attendance record but it should be a mighty crowd none the less.