[COM] Adelaide Convention Centre - Stage 3 | $350m

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in the Adelaide and North Adelaide areas.
crawf
Donating Member
Donating Member

[COM] Re: Adelaide Convention Centre - Stage 3 | $350m

#1426 Post by crawf » Wed May 03, 2017 12:02 pm

A small dining precinct will be built along the riverbank promenade. Expected to open later this year.
HOME GROUND CAFÉ: WORK BEGINS ON NEW DINING CONCEPT

Work has begun on the fit-out for the new Home Ground Café Court on the Riverbank Promenade of the Adelaide Convention Centre’s new East Building. The café court will be a new dining concept for the Riverbank Precinct, featuring 5 outlets offering affordable indoor and outdoor dining, in a modern, stylishly-designed setting.

The café court will feature views of the Torrens and Adelaide Oval, and easy access from the Riverbank footbridge. The name “Home Ground” is drawn from the idea that the newly redeveloped Adelaide Convention Centre will be the home ground for a range of quintessentially Adelaidean experiences. The café will feature South Australian food and beverage icons, showcasing the best in local tastes and flavours.

While a stunning location and array of dining options will naturally appeal to locals, the new development will also be expected to attract a national and international audience, adding an additional element to the Adelaide Convention Centre’s venue offerings.

“Home Ground will provide additional facilities at the Centre for event organisers” said Adelaide Convention Centre’s Chief Executive Alec Gilbert, “it will be the perfect location for delegates to meet up after conference hours.”

Home Ground is expected to open in late 2017.
Couple of renders can be found on here
http://www.adelaidecc.com.au/building-b ... ound-cafe/

Patrick_27
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#1427 Post by Patrick_27 » Wed May 03, 2017 1:41 pm

crawf wrote:A small dining precinct will be built along the riverbank promenade. Expected to open later this year.
HOME GROUND CAFÉ: WORK BEGINS ON NEW DINING CONCEPT

Work has begun on the fit-out for the new Home Ground Café Court on the Riverbank Promenade of the Adelaide Convention Centre’s new East Building. The café court will be a new dining concept for the Riverbank Precinct, featuring 5 outlets offering affordable indoor and outdoor dining, in a modern, stylishly-designed setting.

The café court will feature views of the Torrens and Adelaide Oval, and easy access from the Riverbank footbridge. The name “Home Ground” is drawn from the idea that the newly redeveloped Adelaide Convention Centre will be the home ground for a range of quintessentially Adelaidean experiences. The café will feature South Australian food and beverage icons, showcasing the best in local tastes and flavours.

While a stunning location and array of dining options will naturally appeal to locals, the new development will also be expected to attract a national and international audience, adding an additional element to the Adelaide Convention Centre’s venue offerings.

“Home Ground will provide additional facilities at the Centre for event organisers” said Adelaide Convention Centre’s Chief Executive Alec Gilbert, “it will be the perfect location for delegates to meet up after conference hours.”

Home Ground is expected to open in late 2017.
Couple of renders can be found on here
http://www.adelaidecc.com.au/building-b ... ound-cafe/
The Convention Centre have also submitted plans to the Council to remove the carpark that faces the Torrens in favour of creating space in this area.

Mpol03
Legendary Member!

#1428 Post by Mpol03 » Wed May 03, 2017 3:18 pm

Awesome, lets hope this integrates well with the Riverbank/Festival Plaza project.

I do really like the third and final stage. I think it's a great bold design. I agree a reflective finish would have been ace though there was talk up thread about the material in time loosing the matt finish and ageing in an appealing way? Anyone know more on this?

I really don't like the second stage though I feel if they took down the trees and boat shed, it would be much more prominent. I hope the Riverbank/Festival Plaza project has some great landscaping to tie all these buildings in together.

It would seem that the buildings around the Festival Plaza and medical centres, sans stage one of the Convention centre upgrade, were meant to be a nod to the Festival Centre and it's shape, with the striking angles integrated on all buildings. Just an observation though, I could be way off.

Norman
Donating Member
Donating Member

#1429 Post by Norman » Sat May 20, 2017 9:09 pm

From today:

Nort
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#1430 Post by Nort » Sun May 21, 2017 12:01 am

Norman wrote: Image
It's interesting how this building looks more like a render up close than it does from far away.

Alyx
High Rise Poster!

#1431 Post by Alyx » Tue May 23, 2017 7:11 am

I have always liked the design of this building, but I loathe the dull brown cladding they chose. It could have been a true landmark if finished similarly to this, for example, or even this.

Goodsy
Legendary Member!

#1432 Post by Goodsy » Tue May 23, 2017 8:31 am

Alyx wrote:I have always liked the design of this building, but I loathe the dull brown cladding they chose. It could have been a true landmark if finished similarly to this, for example, or even this.
should have just kept the trend going and clad it in LED's

RiseHigh
High Rise Poster!

#1433 Post by RiseHigh » Tue May 23, 2017 9:06 pm

IMG_0102.JPG

RiseHigh
High Rise Poster!

#1434 Post by RiseHigh » Tue May 23, 2017 9:12 pm

Sorry that pic didn't upload very well

monotonehell
VIP Member
VIP Member

#1435 Post by monotonehell » Wed May 24, 2017 11:28 am

RiseHigh wrote:Sorry that pic didn't upload very well
Because it's 3264 pixels wide! :lol:

While we all REALLY appreciate people going to the trouble of snapping and uploading pics, as this forum lives and dies on people doing this. There's been a few people uploading oversized pictures recently. When people have done so in the past, I've resized them and reuploaded, but recently there's been more than I can deal with.

If you all can, please resize your pics to approximately 1024 pixels wide, before uploading. Or consider uploading to Imgur and using their automatic resize feature as outlined in the second post here: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=4794
Exit on the right in the direction of travel.

RiseHigh
High Rise Poster!

#1436 Post by RiseHigh » Thu May 25, 2017 8:23 pm

IMG_0155.PNG
IMG_0155.PNG (2.66 MiB) Viewed 5427 times

stronic
High Rise Poster!

#1437 Post by stronic » Sun Jun 11, 2017 2:31 pm

Alyx wrote:I have always liked the design of this building, but I loathe the dull brown cladding they chose. It could have been a true landmark if finished similarly to this, for example, or even this.
Agreed. Shocking colour!

RiseHigh
High Rise Poster!

#1438 Post by RiseHigh » Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:39 pm

IMG_0173.PNG
These seating trusses lift up and out of the way when needed
IMG_0173.PNG (1.5 MiB) Viewed 4707 times

RiseHigh
High Rise Poster!

#1439 Post by RiseHigh » Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:46 pm

IMG_0175.PNG
IMG_0175.PNG (1.43 MiB) Viewed 4702 times
In this photo you can see the seating turntables at the top, one is spun halfway round the other faceing the other way

rev
SA MVP (Most Valued Poster 4000+)

#1440 Post by rev » Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:50 am

This doesn't actually look half bad in person.
Should have been a gold colour though instead of shit brown.