West Terrace plans?

Threads relating to transport, water, etc. within the CBD and Metropolitan area.
Aidan
Super Size Scraper Poster!

West Terrace plans?

#1 Post by Aidan » Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:37 pm

A while ago I read of a long term plan for West Terrace. It included a tramway, but there were fewer road lanes; instead the traffic was diverted somewhere further west (I can't remember whether it was Railway Terrace or a new road).

Does anyone know:
• Whose plan was it?
• How detailed was it?
• How seriously was it considered? Is it still alive?
• What route would the diverted traffic have taken? If it was via Railway Terrace, was widening of Railway Terrace part of the plan? If so, how much?
Just build it wrote:Bye Union Hall. I'll see you in another life, when we are both cats.

Nathan

Re: West Terrace plans?

#2 Post by Nathan » Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:11 pm

You're thinking of the Life on the Edge study done by the Integrated Design Commission. Not online anymore, but lucky for you I had a pdf still lying around ;)

It contained different visions by Tridente Architects, Taylor Cullity Lethlean, and HASSELL

http://docdro.id/HrGBPO6

ChillyPhilly

#3 Post by ChillyPhilly » Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:51 am

That plan always springs to mind when I head down West Terrace. Its recommendations wouldn't go astray. I don't think we'll ever see the tramline down there though.
Our state, our city, our future.

All views expressed on this forum are my own.

claybro

#4 Post by claybro » Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:02 am

You mean the scraggly gum trees, dead native grass and exposed irrigation pipes (obviously not in use) are not the finished product?

bits
Legendary Member!

#5 Post by bits » Thu Aug 03, 2017 1:48 pm

claybro wrote:You mean the scraggly gum trees, dead native grass and exposed irrigation pipes (obviously not in use) are not the finished product?
Has a lawn mower been run over the never used irrigation pipes like Mawson Lakes Elder Smith Road?