[U/C] WEST (Football Park) | Developments & News

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in areas other than the CBD and North Adelaide. Includes Port Adelaide and Glenelg.
I Follow PAFC
High Rise Poster!

[U/C] Re: Plans for AAMI Stadium land released today

#31 Post by I Follow PAFC » Sun May 24, 2015 12:57 am

Football Park precinct becomes 1600-home estate over next decade.

THE Adelaide Crows will share their West Lakes training base with kite-flyers, picnickers and dog walkers when the AAMI Stadium precinct is turned into a 1600-home estate over the next decade.

Developers Commercial and General will tomorrow release their vision for the 10-year, $1 billion redevelopment of the former home of SA football and will rely on using the famed Football Park playing surface to meet its minimum “open-space” requirement.

http://www.news.com.au/national/crows-t ... 7366807677
http://www.footballparkredevelopment.com.au/
I Follow The Port Adelaide Football Club
https://www.facebook.com/IFollowThePAFC/

Paulns
Donating Member
Donating Member

#32 Post by Paulns » Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:24 am

New website for this development.
http://www.livewest.com.au

There was a story about this on the Channel 9 news last night but I missed seeing it. Did anyone record it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"SA GOING ALL THE WAY".

Nathan
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#33 Post by Nathan » Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:13 am

Locating the retail, hospitality and community facilities on the fringes of the development, and away from the main "central" park? :wallbash:

PeFe

#34 Post by PeFe » Sat Nov 19, 2016 11:51 am

The first building at AAMI Stadium is underway, new terraces. This is just the beginning of a longer rebuild of the former Football Park carpark.
From The Advertiser
Is that REALLY our old Footy Park? Construction of $1 billion Football Park housing development starts

ONSTRUCTION of a new housing development on the former AAMI stadium site has started.

Twelve months after the West development was announced, the first slabs have been laid for 70 terrace homes.

The first apartment building — The Ivy — will have its top floor completed by Christmas and the second block of apartments — The Jasmine — will have its footings down within the same time frame.

An artist’s impression of one type of property that will be available as part of the new development.

Between the two buildings there are 48 apartments being built.

The lowest priced one-bedroom apartments sold for $340,000, while the more premium apartments are fetching up to $615,000.

The SANFL sold the land for $71 million to Commercial and General in November 2014.

The development is described as a modern complex made up of terrace houses, custom made homes and apartment buildings overlooking Grange golf course.

The aim, developers say, is to “create a bit of a buzz” with a vision to create a “high street” containing cafes and shops.

Project director at West Chris Menz said it was an exciting time for the development.

“All up now we have sold around $58 million worth of property (off the plan) in the last 12 months,” Mr Menz said.

West will begin work on a fourth building early next year.

Tony Siciliano and his wife Lale Gulser bought a terrace home last year.

Mr Siciliano said he is thrilled to see that work on his house has begun. “We drove past on the weekend and it is exciting to see it all down (the slab),” he said.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/messenger ... 1aebe9b4a8
Mods , can someone change the title of this thread to "AAMI Stadium Redevelopment" so it is more appropriately named. I am sure there will be a lot more postings in future years. Thanks.

PeFe

[U/C] Re: AAMI Stadium Redevelopment | 1800 homes / offices / reta

#35 Post by PeFe » Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:14 am

Latest on this development from The Advertiser
Video: First stage of $1bn WEST development at West Lakes nearly finished after AAMI Stadium sale

T was the suburban stadium where Crows legend Tony Modra took flight, fans rocked out to music giants U2 and international cricket was welcomed when it was shut-out of other grounds.

Outside, supporters fired up barbecues in car parks, kids emulated their heroes with a game of kick-to-kick and thousands of fans rubbed shoulders fighting for seats on the Footy Express.

Now, the roar of “baaaaaaaaaaal” from the crowd is just a distant memory as, soon, will be Football Park itself.

The SANFL sold the AAMI Stadium precinct to developers Commercial & General for $71 million in November 2014.

Now, 2 ½ years later, the first stage of the $1 billion, 1600-home WEST development at West Lakes is nearing completion.

The first occupants of 62 new homes and two apartment blocks are set to move in this August.

They will be just a drop-punt away from where the Crows and Power slugged it out in front of 50,000 screaming fans in 35 Showdowns from 1997 to 2013.

WEST project director Chris Menz said the development was progressing well and sales had already exceeded $70 million in the first 18 months.

“We’re thrilled with the response from the community and are really proud of delivering a lifestyle in Adelaide’s west that offers a range of exciting housing options, plenty of green space and a genuine connection to coastal living,” Mr Menz said.

Full article : http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/sout ... f79935905e

how good is he
Legendary Member!

#36 Post by how good is he » Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:46 pm

It looks like over half the land has either been sold (mainly for low rise) or used (including open space ie the oval.) My point is only maybe 100-150 dwellings/homes have been built so far (plus the commercial on Frederick Rd). I know it's a 10 year plan and there must be many apartments to come, but they must really want to cram them in from now on to reach their projected 1600 homes.

Mpol03
Legendary Member!

#37 Post by Mpol03 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:20 am

There is more land this image is not really showing, below the image, toward Aldi. Though I do agree, 1600 is a lot for this space. I believe there will be homes built right up to the gold course, with the slip road Brebner Drive being removed in its connection to Freddrick.

The west is really starting to see a lot of change. Saint Claire has a lot of low to mid-rise development, plus a few other pockets really getting an overhaul (think all the housing being build being the Alberton and Seaton train stations.) It is about time. The west has such great access to the beach and is only 20-30 away from the city at most, depending on traffic (I use get into the city within 15 minutes in non peak hour conditions, from Seaton). Then think Bowden, Port Adelaide (slowly) and even Findon.

I do have to ask, between Trimmer Parade and Tapleys Hill Rd, the left side as seen the demolition of most of the housing trust. I am assuming this area will be re-developed? This is a HUGE amount of land. I don't know if there is a thread or if there has been any news on what is actually happening? I hope we see more low to mid-rise apartments. The west could really do with densifying.

ChillyPhilly

#38 Post by ChillyPhilly » Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:15 pm

Mpol03 wrote:There is more land this image is not really showing, below the image, toward Aldi. Though I do agree, 1600 is a lot for this space. I believe there will be homes built right up to the gold course, with the slip road Brebner Drive being removed in its connection to Freddrick.

The west is really starting to see a lot of change. Saint Claire has a lot of low to mid-rise development, plus a few other pockets really getting an overhaul (think all the housing being build being the Alberton and Seaton train stations.) It is about time. The west has such great access to the beach and is only 20-30 away from the city at most, depending on traffic (I use get into the city within 15 minutes in non peak hour conditions, from Seaton). Then think Bowden, Port Adelaide (slowly) and even Findon.

I do have to ask, between Trimmer Parade and Tapleys Hill Rd, the left side as seen the demolition of most of the housing trust. I am assuming this area will be re-developed? This is a HUGE amount of land. I don't know if there is a thread or if there has been any news on what is actually happening? I hope we see more low to mid-rise apartments. The west could really do with densifying.
I haven't seen any announcements, but Renewal SA now own all former South Australian Housing Trust stock. It is a goal to redevelop (or at the very least, renovate) each and every former Housing Trust dwelling. Seaton will get that treatment eventually; Albert Park did as 'The Square'.

There is also the factory site next to Seaton Park that should be developed into a mixed-use area.
Our state, our city, our future.

All views expressed on this forum are my own.

rev
SA MVP (Most Valued Poster 4000+)

#39 Post by rev » Wed May 03, 2017 7:22 pm

How is this a $1 billion dollar project?
Gold plated sewers, taps, and other fittings? What..?

I Follow PAFC
High Rise Poster!

#40 Post by I Follow PAFC » Mon May 29, 2017 2:33 pm

The owners of the ‘world’s best supermarket’, Frewville Foodland, is to open its third Adelaide store.

THE owners of the “world’s best supermarket” have announced they are opening up a new store in suburban Adelaide.

South Australian family company Commercial Retail Group, which owns the Frewville Foodland, is set to open a new store in the Football Park housing development at West Lakes.

The supermarket will be part of a new retail precinct in the 1600-home WEST development, which will also feature a restaurant and cafe strip.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/messenger ... 72dc92237a
I Follow The Port Adelaide Football Club
https://www.facebook.com/IFollowThePAFC/

bits
Legendary Member!

#41 Post by bits » Mon May 29, 2017 3:03 pm

I get confused about the exact structure and seperation of the different Foodland owner groups but I thought Chapley/CRG own(ed):
Pasadena
Frewville
previously Fairview Park(now Romeo's)
Munno Para
Norwood
Henley Beach

Waewick

#42 Post by Waewick » Sun Jun 04, 2017 2:35 pm

bits wrote:I get confused about the exact structure and seperation of the different Foodland owner groups but I thought Chapley/CRG own(ed):
Pasadena
Frewville
previously Fairview Park(now Romeo's)
Munno Para
Norwood
Henley Beach
There are two chapley families.

Algernon

[U/C] Re: AAMI Stadium Redevelopment | 1800 homes / offices / retail

#43 Post by Algernon » Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:20 am

The Northern grandstand is coming down any time between now and March next year. A retirement village is planned for that area.

The SANFL still haven't found a buyer for the light towers.

how good is he
Legendary Member!

#44 Post by how good is he » Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:41 am

Ok I thought the developer owned the light towers and had done a deal to sell them overseas...possibly it fell over. I think they will also be building the retail/new shopping strip in that area also. Maybe the shopping centre will be on the ground and the retirement apartments built above it?

Nathan

#45 Post by Nathan » Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:43 am

how good is he wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:41 am
... light towers...possibly it fell over.
That was the original Adelaide Oval lights :wink: