[U/C] Westfield Tea Tree Plaza (Extension)

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in areas other than the CBD and North Adelaide. Includes Port Adelaide and Glenelg.
Message
Author
crawf
Donating Member
Donating Member
Posts: 5418
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2006 7:49 pm
Location: Adelaide
Has thanked: 181 times
Been thanked: 320 times

[U/C] Re: Tea Tree Plaza Upgrade | $190m

#496 Post by crawf » Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:30 pm

Hoyts at TTP is horrible. Glad they are redoing that section and cinemas.

Brucetiki
Legendary Member!
Posts: 749
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:20 pm
Has thanked: 411 times
Been thanked: 45 times

[U/C] Re: Tea Tree Plaza Upgrade | $190m

#497 Post by Brucetiki » Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:42 pm

crawf wrote:
Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:30 pm
Hoyts at TTP is horrible. Glad they are redoing that section and cinemas.
Horrible is putting it nicely - it is a disgrace, especially the original 6 cinemas, where the challenge is finding a seat that isn't in a state of disrepair.

User avatar
duke
High Rise Poster!
Posts: 398
Joined: Wed Aug 02, 2006 7:15 pm
Been thanked: 11 times

[U/C] Re: Tea Tree Plaza Upgrade | $190m

#498 Post by duke » Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:05 pm

Brucetiki wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:42 pm
crawf wrote:
Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:30 pm
Hoyts at TTP is horrible. Glad they are redoing that section and cinemas.
Horrible is putting it nicely - it is a disgrace, especially the original 6 cinemas, where the challenge is finding a seat that isn't in a state of disrepair.
It's amazing how quickly the cinema gets trashed. I remember going in, all new seats and carpet. The next time broken seats and sticky floors.
There have been 3 upgrades in approx the last 20 years. I guess with this new round they are working on a 5 year upgrade period?

I hope this round includes Gold Class though.
They are also losing money on the food market. The last time I went to the cinema most of the tables near the bar was taken by people eating McDonald's from down stairs, as the food court was closed. This is a perfect opportunity to offer meals.
I can't even remember the last time I saw an employee at the bar.

User avatar
The Scooter Guy
Super Size Scraper Poster!
Posts: 1545
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:45 pm
Location: Anywhere!
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 91 times
Contact:

[U/C] Re: Tea Tree Plaza Upgrade | $190m

#499 Post by The Scooter Guy » Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:51 pm

duke wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:05 pm
Brucetiki wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:42 pm
crawf wrote:
Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:30 pm
Hoyts at TTP is horrible. Glad they are redoing that section and cinemas.
Horrible is putting it nicely - it is a disgrace, especially the original 6 cinemas, where the challenge is finding a seat that isn't in a state of disrepair.
It's amazing how quickly the cinema gets trashed. I remember going in, all new seats and carpet. The next time broken seats and sticky floors.
There have been 3 upgrades in approx the last 20 years. I guess with this new round they are working on a 5 year upgrade period?

I hope this round includes Gold Class though.
They are also losing money on the food market. The last time I went to the cinema most of the tables near the bar was taken by people eating McDonald's from down stairs, as the food court was closed. This is a perfect opportunity to offer meals.
I can't even remember the last time I saw an employee at the bar.
I wish they used a Britex to clean the carpets & upholstery.
Help us Fight Back the Retail Apocalypse.
Support Small Business More, Support Small Business Better.


https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWk8YPx2zHziHgvyPy_9fxQ
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ryanthescooterguy/
http://ryansbedroom.tumblr.com/

Brucetiki
Legendary Member!
Posts: 749
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:20 pm
Has thanked: 411 times
Been thanked: 45 times

[U/C] Re: Tea Tree Plaza Upgrade | $190m

#500 Post by Brucetiki » Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:48 pm

Cafe Bourgiorno is closing at Tea Tree Plus.

User avatar
The Scooter Guy
Super Size Scraper Poster!
Posts: 1545
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:45 pm
Location: Anywhere!
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 91 times
Contact:

[U/C] Re: Tea Tree Plaza Upgrade | $190m

#501 Post by The Scooter Guy » Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:01 pm

Brucetiki wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:48 pm
Cafe Bourgiorno is closing at Tea Tree Plus.
On what day?
Help us Fight Back the Retail Apocalypse.
Support Small Business More, Support Small Business Better.


https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWk8YPx2zHziHgvyPy_9fxQ
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ryanthescooterguy/
http://ryansbedroom.tumblr.com/

Brucetiki
Legendary Member!
Posts: 749
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:20 pm
Has thanked: 411 times
Been thanked: 45 times

[U/C] Re: Tea Tree Plaza Upgrade | $190m

#502 Post by Brucetiki » Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:31 pm

The Scooter Guy wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:01 pm
Brucetiki wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:48 pm
Cafe Bourgiorno is closing at Tea Tree Plus.
On what day?
This Sunday (10 September)

User avatar
The Scooter Guy
Super Size Scraper Poster!
Posts: 1545
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:45 pm
Location: Anywhere!
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 91 times
Contact:

[U/C] Re: Tea Tree Plaza Upgrade | $190m

#503 Post by The Scooter Guy » Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:05 pm

Brucetiki wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:31 pm
The Scooter Guy wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:01 pm
Brucetiki wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:48 pm
Cafe Bourgiorno is closing at Tea Tree Plus.
On what day?
This Sunday (10 September)
Another one bites the dust.
Tea Tree Plus might be on the verge of getting the bulldozer. :cry:
Help us Fight Back the Retail Apocalypse.
Support Small Business More, Support Small Business Better.


https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWk8YPx2zHziHgvyPy_9fxQ
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ryanthescooterguy/
http://ryansbedroom.tumblr.com/

Brucetiki
Legendary Member!
Posts: 749
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:20 pm
Has thanked: 411 times
Been thanked: 45 times

[U/C] Re: Tea Tree Plaza Upgrade | $190m

#504 Post by Brucetiki » Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:01 pm

Would demolishing Tea Tree Plus be that much of a bad idea?

User avatar
The Scooter Guy
Super Size Scraper Poster!
Posts: 1545
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:45 pm
Location: Anywhere!
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 91 times
Contact:

[U/C] Re: Tea Tree Plaza Upgrade | $190m

#505 Post by The Scooter Guy » Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:43 pm

Brucetiki wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:01 pm
Would demolishing Tea Tree Plus be that much of a bad idea?
I think not. It absolutely looks run-down compared with the days of yesteryear.
Though it was built in the mid 1990s as an attempt to improve reputation.
I am expecting Tea Tree Gully to ease itself out of its Dark Ages and into a modern new world before it's too late.
Help us Fight Back the Retail Apocalypse.
Support Small Business More, Support Small Business Better.


https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWk8YPx2zHziHgvyPy_9fxQ
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ryanthescooterguy/
http://ryansbedroom.tumblr.com/

relapse
Gold-Member ;)
Posts: 52
Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:15 am
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 4 times

[U/C] Re: Tea Tree Plaza Upgrade | $190m

#506 Post by relapse » Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:51 am

From what I heard Westfield wanted Cafe Bonjourno to move to the new eateries area that they're building near the cinema, there was also a huge rent increase as well. In the end they just decided to pull the pin instead.

There is no way that TTP will be demolished, it is being connected to TTP as part of the redevelopement, that has been the plan ever since they acquired it from the original owners. It's still very much on the agenda because I saw it mentioned somewhere that the Plaza is going to lose 250 carparks as a result of the redevelopment, but once the works have completed and TT Plus is connected that the carparking there will supposedly more than make up for what parks are lost.

User avatar
The Scooter Guy
Super Size Scraper Poster!
Posts: 1545
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:45 pm
Location: Anywhere!
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 91 times
Contact:

[U/C] Re: Tea Tree Plaza Upgrade | $190m

#507 Post by The Scooter Guy » Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:22 pm

From the Hoyts TTP Facebook Page:
After this weekend we say goodbye to our long serving Candy Bar, Box Office and the famous HOYTS TTP stairs as we prepare for some exciting things to come. From Monday, our temporary entrance will be located next to Myer at the top of the food court escalators. BIG THINGS ARE COMING!
Help us Fight Back the Retail Apocalypse.
Support Small Business More, Support Small Business Better.


https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWk8YPx2zHziHgvyPy_9fxQ
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ryanthescooterguy/
http://ryansbedroom.tumblr.com/

nath91
Gold-Member ;)
Posts: 61
Joined: Sat Jun 28, 2014 12:34 pm
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 16 times

[U/C] Re: Tea Tree Plaza Upgrade | $190m

#508 Post by nath91 » Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:14 pm

Construction fencing is up along NE Road. This looks big

I Follow PAFC
High Rise Poster!
Posts: 276
Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:23 pm
Has thanked: 14 times
Been thanked: 49 times

[U/C] Re: Tea Tree Plaza Upgrade | $190m

#509 Post by I Follow PAFC » Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:46 pm

I Follow The Port Adelaide Football Club
https://www.facebook.com/IFollowThePAFC/

User avatar
The Scooter Guy
Super Size Scraper Poster!
Posts: 1545
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:45 pm
Location: Anywhere!
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 91 times
Contact:

[U/C] Re: Tea Tree Plaza Upgrade | $190m

#510 Post by The Scooter Guy » Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:43 pm

Though sort of not TTP related but Dress For Success has opened in the building where Dick Smith was (Cnr Reservoir Rd/North East Rd) after a five year wait.
Just the beginning of Tea Tree Gully easing its way out of the Dark Ages and into a New Modern World.
Help us Fight Back the Retail Apocalypse.
Support Small Business More, Support Small Business Better.


https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWk8YPx2zHziHgvyPy_9fxQ
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ryanthescooterguy/
http://ryansbedroom.tumblr.com/

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 17 guests