News & Discussion : New Restaurants, Bars & Night Clubs

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in the Adelaide and North Adelaide areas.
Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member

Re: News & Discussion : New Restaurants, Bars & Night Clubs

#316 Post by Ben » Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:01 pm

You guys are as exciting as a wet blanket. I look forward to the concept. I’m not aware of any rooftop bars that have failed as yet. Adelaideans and tourists love them. I hope they do well.

Patrick_27
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#317 Post by Patrick_27 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:12 am

I wonder if they have Adelaide themed bars in Miami? :?:

Mpol03
Legendary Member!

#318 Post by Mpol03 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:21 am

You mean beige, rundown and full of sad saps? Oh I doubt it.

Waewick

#319 Post by Waewick » Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:14 pm

Algernon wrote:
Pikey wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:07 pm
I'm sure it will be for the six months that it remains open Image
Johnny Rockets absolutely nailed the experience in every way, complete with well trained staff who diligently played the role and put on shows to the jukeboxes, the works. Did it even last a year?

This tacky AF concept I give a whole 3 months.
One thing for sure is most Adelaidians would prefer their beer 10c cheaper and avoid any pesky themes or better service.

Nort

#320 Post by Nort » Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:18 am

Waewick wrote:
Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:14 pm
Algernon wrote:
Pikey wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:07 pm
I'm sure it will be for the six months that it remains open Image
Johnny Rockets absolutely nailed the experience in every way, complete with well trained staff who diligently played the role and put on shows to the jukeboxes, the works. Did it even last a year?

One thing for sure is most Adelaidians would prefer their beer 10c cheaper and avoid any pesky themes or better service.
The Garden Of Unearthly Delights, Royal Croquet Club and other similar events very much disagree with you.

Whether or not this will succeed as a permanent venture remains to be seen (I think it will do well), but precedent is there that people are willing to pay more for a surroundings that is seen as fun.

Waewick

#321 Post by Waewick » Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:42 pm

Nort wrote:
Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:18 am
Waewick wrote:
Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:14 pm
Algernon wrote:

The Garden Of Unearthly Delights, Royal Croquet Club and other similar events very much disagree with you.

Whether or not this will succeed as a permanent venture remains to be seen (I think it will do well), but precedent is there that people are willing to pay more for a surroundings that is seen as fun.
events being the key word of course.

I think there is room for it and I didn't say all of Adelaide - There are still some nice high end bars that survive.

thecityguy
High Rise Poster!

#322 Post by thecityguy » Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:49 pm

Love this, will definitely do well if done correctly, never under estimate the power of an “insta worthy” establishment....will be a hit with locals and tourists

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jorcoga
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#323 Post by jorcoga » Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:47 pm

Was walking around the East End tonight and I noticed the Stag was closed... I assume the people running it went broke again?

Nathan

#324 Post by Nathan » Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:19 am

jorcoga wrote:
Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:47 pm
Was walking around the East End tonight and I noticed the Stag was closed... I assume the people running it went broke again?
Yes. There was a story in the paper about it a few days ago.

timtam20292
Legendary Member!

#325 Post by timtam20292 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:53 am

Closed again? 😮

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member

#326 Post by Ben » Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:44 am

Guzman y Gomez is opening on the corner of Market and gouger street, the former Italian place.

timtam20292
Legendary Member!

#327 Post by timtam20292 » Sat Jun 02, 2018 2:08 pm

Ben wrote:
Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:44 am
Guzman y Gomez is opening on the corner of Market and gouger street, the former Italian place.

Here it is.

New Restaurant.jpg
New Restaurant.jpg (1.15 MiB) Viewed 5679 times

Nort

#328 Post by Nort » Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:18 am

Delicatessen (Waymouth Street) has opened up their cellar for a new bar, quite a cosy little space.

Llessur2002

#329 Post by Llessur2002 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:11 pm

Blimey, that was quick :shock:
Hindley St bar and restaurant closes

HINDLEY St’s latest food experiment, The Hindley, has closed less than a year after it opened as part of a $15 million relocation of the HQ nightclub — but plans are afoot for it to become a new live events venue.

The Hindley, a restaurant and bar, was situated on the ground floor of The HQ Complex, which features the nightclub with a capacity for almost 2000 people.

An unknown number of restaurant staff have been made redundant with the complex previously employing about 100 staff.

The restaurant opened at the end of October at 149 Hindley St, serving gastropub-style food that was available until late, as well as a cafe serving breakfast from 7.30am, and lunch.

A spokeswoman for the group said while the restaurant arm of the complex had closed the nightclub was still open.

“Unfortunately at this point in time the kitchen is not financially viable — it is still open as a bar and for events. They (the owners) are working on something else but this won’t be a month or two,” the spokeswoman said.

“We wish to advise that effective immediately The Hindley Bar & Grill restaurant division of the HQ Complex has ceased operation.

“The closure comes as a result of a change in the business plan to focus the complex purely on live entertainment.”

The ground level of the HQ Complex will open as a 600-person band room for live music in the coming weeks with national and local performers booked in to perform, she said.

“HQ Complex has identified the location on Hindley St more suited to the live music and entertainment scene and as such, the entertainment division of HQ Complex will continue to perform strongly and run as one of Adelaide’s best night spots.”

Owner Rod Rose’s son David Rose, who was at the family’s Rosemont Hotel, also on Hindley St, said the nightclub was trading strongly.

HQ Complex director Stephen Rose has previously told The Advertiser about the “sleepless nights” that went into planning the relocation and rebirth of Adelaide’s superclub, which closed its doors for the last time on North Tce in February.
From: http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/thesource ... 993d3577b1

Norman
Donating Member
Donating Member

#330 Post by Norman » Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:27 pm

No surprise there, it was the wrong location for a gastropub, barely ever saw anyone in there. Meanwhile, the hipster places around Hindley Street West are cleaning up.