News & Developments: Mawson Lakes

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in areas other than the CBD and North Adelaide. Includes Port Adelaide and Glenelg.
Norman
Donating Member
Donating Member

Re: Mawson Lakes | Developments & News

#646 Post by Norman » Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:59 am

I think they are adding a rooftop carpark from looking at it briefly.

Will
VIP Member
VIP Member

Re: News & Developments: Mawson Lakes

#647 Post by Will » Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:05 pm

On the SCAP website, there is currently an application for a 10 level, 36m, mixed use building for 104 Elder Drive at Mawson Lakes. The proposal is recommended for approval.

https://www.saplanningcommission.sa.gov ... as_minutes

Eurostar
Legendary Member!

#648 Post by Eurostar » Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:36 pm

Parking gate at Mawson Lakes Foodland complex is still open, not charging yet. I noticed one of the lifts, working but some material covering the interior wall. A problem with leaks? As there was bins helping to drain something from ceiling especially around by the supermarket.

Kasey771
Legendary Member!

#649 Post by Kasey771 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:53 am

Caffe Primo ML appears to have shut its doors for good. Last night, the lights were out and it was shut up tight. stuck to the entrance door was an eviction notice (the note said non payment of rent if I read it correctly in the dark) and a pair of "For Lease" signs out the front!
Big infrastructure investments are usually under-valued and & over-criticized while in the planning stage. It's much easier to envision the here and now costs and inconveniences, and far more difficult to imagine fully the eventual benefits.

SBD
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#650 Post by SBD » Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:00 pm

Kasey771 wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:53 am
Caffe Primo ML appears to have shut its doors for good. Last night, the lights were out and it was shut up tight. stuck to the entrance door was an eviction notice (the note said non payment of rent if I read it correctly in the dark) and a pair of "For Lease" signs out the front!
Looking at Facebook, it looks like it closed a month ago. Primo Salisbury is honouring Mawson Lakes vouchers, and seems to have much better online reviews.

Eurostar
Legendary Member!

#651 Post by Eurostar » Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:04 pm

The Subway sandwich shop at the AM PM service station in Mawson Lakes is now closed and up for lease

RetroGamer87
High Rise Poster!

#652 Post by RetroGamer87 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:32 pm

Eurostar wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:04 pm
The Subway sandwich shop at the AM PM service station in Mawson Lakes is now closed and up for lease
Say it isn't so! Now I'll have to walk all the way to the one near Target.

Jaymz
Legendary Member!

#653 Post by Jaymz » Tue May 21, 2019 11:14 pm

From todays online Advertiser......

"Investors in Emperor Living apartment project at Mawson Lakes have been refunded their deposits, according to Ray White agent

Renato Castello, Urban Development Editor, The Advertiser
May 21, 2019 4:13pm

The developer of a stalled $30 million apartment and office complex in Adelaide’s north is refunding investors their deposits, according to his real estate agent, raising new doubts about the project’s future.

Ray White Craigmore principal Joseph Cirillo told The Advertiser that builder and developer Frank Barbaro instructed him to remove apartments in the Emperor Living project — an eight-storey housing, office and retail development in Mawson Lakes — from the market.

“He told me he has got issues to get through and the project was on hold,” he said.

“I believe that some purchasers have been refunded their deposits.

“I had some buyers I was working with, I’ve had to advise them the project is on hold until further notice.”

Mr Cirilo, who is at least the third agent appointed to the project which was approved in June 2016, said about 38 of the 64 apartments were unsold.

The development comes after the paper reported that Barbaro Builders was hit with a $1.262 million legal claim, and was under investigation for potential breaches of its builders’ licence.

SA Formwork is suing Barbaro Builders seeking payment of $1.168m in material hire fees and $94,200 for building work on the project on the corner of Metro Parade and Main Street.

But in its defence Barbaro Builders has claimed that SA Formwork’s invoices had no legal standing and that it had issued invoices when it knew that work on the project had been suspended in April last year until further notice.

SA Formwork has also lodged a lien against the property.

A Consumer and Business Services spokeswoman said the licensing matters were “still under consideration”.

Salisbury Council last December granted Barbaro Builders a 12-month extension to its development approval.

Mr Cirilo said he did not know if Barbaro Builders had secured finance to build the project.

A property title search shows that WA-based NJS Investments lodged a caveat on the Emperor Living site on November 27 but removed the caveat on January 14.

The paper has sought comment from Mr Barbaro and NJS Investments.

Last week the $40 million apartment and townhouse development The Standard at Bowden was shelved and buyers told their contracts had been terminated.

The eight-storey project was to feature 68 apartments and five townhouses on the northwestern corner of Gibson St and Fourth Ave.

Developer Arcadian Property did not explain at the time why the project would not proceed but said all investors would be refunded their deposits."

Xaragmata

#654 Post by Xaragmata » Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:07 pm

Emperor Living has apparently resumed construction, with a crane unloading precast panels on site in Metro Parade, and several workers visible amidst the scaffolding today.

eKwatee
High Rise Poster!

#655 Post by eKwatee » Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:40 pm

I heard a rumor today that Emperor Living has been quashed and the development will not be completed. I drove past there today and it looks like some of the scaffolding has been removed. Can anyone confirm if this rumor is fact.

ChillyPhilly

#656 Post by ChillyPhilly » Sat Nov 02, 2019 2:38 am

Looks like you were right, eKwatee.

Our state, our city, our future.

All views expressed on this forum are my own.

Eurostar
Legendary Member!

#657 Post by Eurostar » Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:45 am

The X Convenience at Pooraka is now United service station.

Bacon
High Rise Poster!

#658 Post by Bacon » Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:01 am

With the Target gone I wonder how this changes the Aldi plans? Wouldn’t make much sense to build when you have a huge vacant space next door.

Will
VIP Member
VIP Member

#659 Post by Will » Thu May 21, 2020 10:06 pm

Currently on the SCAP website

proposed 12 level student apartment building at Mawson Lakes; at 13-17 Metro Parade.

https://www.saplanningportal.sa.gov.au/ ... e_docs.pdf

Eurostar
Legendary Member!

#660 Post by Eurostar » Fri May 22, 2020 12:54 pm

The Woolworths Caltex servo on Salisbury Highway at Mawson Lakes near Mazda is becoming a X Convenience