[COM] 413 KWS Vue on King William | 89m | 28Lvl | Residential

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in the Adelaide and North Adelaide areas.
Nathan
Super Size Scraper Poster!

[COM] Re: 413 KWS Vue on King William | 89m | 28Lvl | Residential

#1081 Post by Nathan » Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:30 pm

Jaymz wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:52 pm
Also, from what I'm led to believe, there is no air con in the bedrooms, only the living area.
That's not uncommon. My own apartment only has a single split system in the living area, with ceiling fans in the bedrooms. My previous place was the same. It all depends on the design of the apartment though. How the air flows through the apartment, and how the light is managed (adequate light during winter, shading in summer) is important.

Jaymz
Legendary Member!

#1082 Post by Jaymz » Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:57 pm

Nathan wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:30 pm
Jaymz wrote:
Also, from what I'm led to believe, there is no air con in the bedrooms, only the living area.
That's not uncommon. My own apartment only has a single split system in the living area, with ceiling fans in the bedrooms. My previous place was the same. It all depends on the design of the apartment though. How the air flows through the apartment, and how the light is managed (adequate light during winter, shading in summer) is important.
Correct, I'm pretty certain Vue has ceiling fans in the bedrooms. Those previous places you mentioned, was the exterior glass only?

I must be lucky, as my near new apartment has a duct in both the living area and main bedroom. It works a treat, icy cold air con in the summer and toasty warm heating in the winter.

Nathan
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#1083 Post by Nathan » Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:31 pm

Jaymz wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:57 pm
Nathan wrote:
Jaymz wrote:
Correct, I'm pretty certain Vue has ceiling fans in the bedrooms. Those previous places you mentioned, was the exterior glass only?

I must be lucky, as my near new apartment has a duct in both the living area and main bedroom. It works a treat, icy cold air con in the summer and toasty warm heating in the winter.
My previous place was fully glazed, double height, facing north. The only issue there was the poor placement of the split system (above said double height glass, so wasn't particularly effective as it mostly just heated/cooled the air above the void). My current place doesn't have a lot of glass in the main bedroom — which means we have a bit of trouble keeping it at a comfortable temp — although the rest of the apartment is fine. Ours is the anomaly though as all the others in our buildings have rear courtyards to their main bedrooms, which give them a fully glazed wall (ours doesn't have that, in favour of an additional study space instead).

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member

#1084 Post by Ben » Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:49 pm

Jaymz wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:57 pm
Nathan wrote:
Jaymz wrote:

This is a trick for some apartment developments. East End apartments also only has a split system like Vue. I know Kodo has ducted. It is more expensive but necessary with our summers.

Hybrid
Gold-Member ;)

#1085 Post by Hybrid » Thu Aug 02, 2018 3:59 pm

https://www.adelaidenow.com.au/messenge ... 05955a1e94
THE developer of Adelaide’s tallest apartment tower — where windows have reportedly “exploded” — has failed to block the release of documents that could trigger a damages claim over the building’s construction.

The District Court has granted Vue on King William’s community corporation access to the building’s design documents to help it investigate potential causes of heat-related issues in the 85m-tall building and whether residents may have grounds to sue for damages.

The decision on Tuesday came after an earlier hearing where the court was told windows had exploded and blinds melted in the property which opened in July 2016.

Lawyers for developer Vue on KWS Pty Ltd — a joint venture between Starfish Developments and the Deague Group — had argued against the release of building specifications, arguing the community corporation could not legally take action on behalf of individual property owners.

The Advertiser revealed in May that residents had launched legal action against the developer of Adelaide’s tallest residential tower over concerns their apartments were too hot.

The paper also reported that some residents had terminated their leases because of the heat with one tenant covering windows in wrapping paper to try and block the sun.

One Vue resident had taken temperature readings that showed on February 3 the temperature in their bedroom reached 52.9C — 19.8C higher than the maximum outside temperature on that day.

The community corporation’s lawyer, Amy Davis of Barry Nilsson lawyers, told The Advertiser that the documents would be reviewed by an engineering expert to determine if he has all that is necessary to prepare a report.

Master Mark Rice adjourned the matter until September 3.

HiTouch
Legendary Member!

#1086 Post by HiTouch » Thu Aug 02, 2018 4:29 pm

I don't know how those poor developers are feeling but those darn residents are getting on my nerves!!

Like so what? The windows exploded... BUT so do fireworks and everybody seems to cheer when that happens... What's the issue here?!
ALSO!! A little heat never hurt anyone. It's been so cold this winter! They should be happy that the developers designed a building that keeps them roasty toasty.

This is an example of a developer making sure the wellbeing of their clients are maintained to the highest level.
The residents should be thankful that they have a place to live in and the developers are so kind as to show them transparency by releasing these documents.

SRW
Donating Member
Donating Member

#1087 Post by SRW » Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:23 pm

If that’s an attempt at sarcasm, it’s underdone...
Keep Adelaide Weird

han42
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#1088 Post by han42 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:15 pm

Hey, has anyone happened to hear an update on this?
I was thinking of renting one of these apartments but after reading what's been going on.. perhaps not the wisest of decisions?