News & Discussion : New Restaurants, Bars & Night Clubs

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in the Adelaide and North Adelaide areas.
The Scooter Guy
Super Size Scraper Poster!

Re: News & Discussion : New Restaurants, Bars & Night Clubs

#331 Post by The Scooter Guy » Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:09 pm

Burger Boss on Hindley St has finally opened.
For starters, my avatar is the well-known Adelaide Aquatic Centre insignia from 1989.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWk8YPx2zHziHgvyPy_9fxQ
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ryanthescooterguy/
http://ryansbedroom.tumblr.com/

how good is he
Legendary Member!

#332 Post by how good is he » Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:10 pm

Heard the owners of NOLA may be re-opening & running The Stag (next door).

AndyWelsh
Legendary Member!

#333 Post by AndyWelsh » Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:56 pm

how good is he wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:10 pm
Heard the owners of NOLA may be re-opening & running The Stag (next door).
I've been wondering if there is any activity within The Stag, as all the windows have been comprehensively covered up from within. Made me think some top secret reno must be taking place!

timtam20292
Legendary Member!

#334 Post by timtam20292 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:09 am

Oz Nightclub is moving out of their premises on Gouger Street due to leasing issues with the landlord. They close on June 30 and are looking for a new location.

[Shuz]

#335 Post by [Shuz] » Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:09 am

The issues go far beyond lease concerns. No surprises.
Any views and opinions expressed are of my own, and do not reflect the views or opinions of any organisation of which I have an affiliation with.

Mpol03
Legendary Member!

#336 Post by Mpol03 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:14 am

Totally agree. It’s format is so outdated, it needs to realign with the times. Giving the walls a glitter rainbow coat of paint and a new name won’t fix the issue.

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member

#337 Post by Ben » Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:20 am

The Mars bar is reopening. I would say the old owners wern't happy with what happened to the site.

the new branding looks fresh and modern. Hopefully they will replicate this inside.

marsbarnightclub.com.au

[Shuz]

#338 Post by [Shuz] » Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:34 pm

At least the logo is far better.
Any views and opinions expressed are of my own, and do not reflect the views or opinions of any organisation of which I have an affiliation with.

Llessur2002

#339 Post by Llessur2002 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:26 pm

Great news :D
The team behind East End bar NOLA will re-open the historic Stag venue next month

THE former Stag Hotel will re-open next month following a major revamp led by the team behind popular East End beer and whisky haunt NOLA.

NOLA’s Oliver Brown is spearheading a revival of the former Stag Hotel in Adelaide’s East End.

Oliver Brown and Joshua Talbot – two of NOLA’s four owners – are putting the finishing touches to a new fit-out, which will become home to a new restaurant, front bar and function space.

The renamed Stag Public House will deliver “Aussie pub classics with a twist” in the front bar, while “casual fine dining” restaurant Charlick’s will complete the transformation of the heritage building.

Mr Brown said talks with landlord Maras Group to take over the historic venue kicked off after previous operator The Fat Stag fell into administration in April.

“It’s been a problem site in the past few years and probably hasn’t taken off the way we thought it really could – it’s a really exciting challenge,” he said.

“We thought the space as a whole was a bit big, cavernous and open and we wanted to break it down into three distinct areas.”

Mr Brown said fresh local produce would inspire the menu at Charlick’s – named after William Charlick who developed the East End’s Adelaide Fruit and Produce Exchange in 1904.

“It will be quite a refined high level but still quite accessible for the punter – honest and nostalgic food,” he said.

“Staff will bring in their family recipes and we’ll tweak them to what we do, and everything will be shared – it will be like a big family kitchen feel but with a refined touch to it.”

Matiya Marovic – the architect behind a string of bars across Adelaide including NOLA and Pink Moon Saloon – has designed the new fit-out, which will “completely change the look” of the venue.

“We wanted to add some character and bring that warm feel and honesty to the place, which was really a big open faceless venue,” Mr Brown said.

“We want people to know the people behind the bar and create an honest local Aussie pub.

“Food is going to play a really big part at Stag Public House. We’re bringing back the Aussie pub classics – we’ll do schnitzels and steak sangers but with our own twist.

“And it’s going to be super local – we’ll support local producers from farmers in Murray Bridge to local wines too.”

The former Stag Hotel venue on Rundle St.

The new venue’s upstairs space will initially be made available for functions, but there are long-term plans to convert the area into a live music venue.

The NOLA team has partnered with the Maras Group before, both at NOLA and more recently opening pizzeria and bar Anchovy Bandit at the developer’s Palace Nova project at Prospect.

“We’ve developed a great rapport with these guys and they’re intent on making this a completely different offering from what it’s ever been before,” Maras Group managing director Steve Maras said.

“The one thing that nailed it from my perspective was the fact they are young, enthusiastic and willing to take the next step up from running a small bar to running something bigger.

Mr Brown said a reopened venue at the former Stag site would add to the momentum building in Adelaide’s East End.

“The Stag being closed is not good for the area but giving it that touch of quality will be a huge benefit to this end of town,” he said.

“There are some really good young guys doing really good things with Africola, BRKLYN and Mr Goodbar – there’s a huge buzz.

“Everyone was scared of winter but at NOLA it’s been our best winter yet and I’m confident things are only going to get better.”

Stag Public House will open by the end of next month, followed by Charlick’s in August.
From: https://www.adelaidenow.com.au/business ... 08d785e3c2

timtam20292
Legendary Member!

#340 Post by timtam20292 » Sun Jul 01, 2018 1:44 pm

Kintaro Sushi is moving into where Movenpick was.

BennyLangers
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#341 Post by BennyLangers » Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:34 am

timtam20292 wrote:
Sun Jul 01, 2018 1:44 pm
Kintaro Sushi is moving into where Movenpick was.
I missed Movenpick, great treat after a win at the footy.

AndyWelsh
Legendary Member!

#342 Post by AndyWelsh » Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:44 pm

Reopening under new management.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AndyWelsh
Legendary Member!

News & Discussion : New Restaurants, Bars & Night Clubs

#343 Post by AndyWelsh » Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:38 pm

A great write up and photographs of the refurbished Stag Public House in the East End.

https://citymag.indaily.com.au/habits/p ... lic-house/

“The Stag Public House has sneakily opened tonight, Friday, 10 August, to commemorate the 169th anniversary of the pub’s inaugural licence.

It will officially open to the public on Thursday, 16 August.”

The Scooter Guy

#344 Post by The Scooter Guy » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:04 pm

AndyWelsh wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:38 pm
A great write up and photographs of the refurbished Stag Public House in the East End.

https://citymag.indaily.com.au/habits/p ... lic-house/

“The Stag Public House has sneakily opened tonight, Friday, 10 August, to commemorate the 169th anniversary of the pub’s inaugural licence.

It will officially open to the public on Thursday, 16 August.”

I think it's much better than it was before.
And so it'll make an even better Fringe Venue!
For starters, my avatar is the well-known Adelaide Aquatic Centre insignia from 1989.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWk8YPx2zHziHgvyPy_9fxQ
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ryanthescooterguy/
http://ryansbedroom.tumblr.com/

jorcoga
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#345 Post by jorcoga » Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:01 am

Seen a few Betty's Burgers locations around Melbourne... looks like they're coming to Adelaide. Any idea of where?

https://www.seek.com.au/job/36928269?type=standout