News & Developments: Port Adelaide

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in areas other than the CBD and North Adelaide. Includes Port Adelaide and Glenelg.
Message
Author
HiTouch
High Rise Poster!
Posts: 486
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:40 pm
Has thanked: 221 times
Been thanked: 86 times

Re: News & Developments: Port Adelaide

#766 Post by HiTouch » Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:12 pm

[Shuz] wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:36 pm
Pistol wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:17 pm
rev wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:38 am

Fark that crappy shed off already.
Too bad it's a retirement complex that's proposed. I mean yeh, a bunch of geriatric pensioners are really going to liven up the Port. :wallbash:
Thought you were already a geriatric pensioner Rev...
That's being polite.
Let's be honest, everyone has a little geriatric pensioner in them. ( Especially Shuz. )

Image
rev wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:55 am
If the parklands are so important why dont they put it to a vote state wide? Or are they afraid the majority will back this hotel..

SBD
Legendary Member!
Posts: 1138
Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:49 pm
Location: Blakeview
Has thanked: 361 times
Been thanked: 84 times

Re: News & Developments: Port Adelaide

#767 Post by SBD » Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:13 pm

Pistol wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:17 pm
rev wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:38 am

Fark that crappy shed off already.
Too bad it's a retirement complex that's proposed. I mean yeh, a bunch of geriatric pensioners are really going to liven up the Port. :wallbash:
Thought you were already a geriatric pensioner Rev...
A retirement village means that at least one person in the household used to work and doesn't any more. It doesn't mean they're geriatric, it could just mean they have more time to "be in community". My in-laws spend a lot of time out of the house but live in a retirement village. I know a couple who are planning to move into the UCity building in the city when it's completed, so they will be closer to theatres etc, and only one of them is going to retire at this stage.

rev
SA MVP (Most Valued Poster 4000+)
Posts: 4005
Joined: Sat Nov 11, 2006 12:14 pm
Has thanked: 281 times
Been thanked: 409 times

Re: News & Developments: Port Adelaide

#768 Post by rev » Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:29 am

the butthurt certain individuals still feel is hilarious
Is that all you got? :lol:

rev
SA MVP (Most Valued Poster 4000+)
Posts: 4005
Joined: Sat Nov 11, 2006 12:14 pm
Has thanked: 281 times
Been thanked: 409 times

Re: News & Developments: Port Adelaide

#769 Post by rev » Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:35 am

SBD wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:13 pm
Pistol wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:17 pm
rev wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:38 am

Fark that crappy shed off already.
Too bad it's a retirement complex that's proposed. I mean yeh, a bunch of geriatric pensioners are really going to liven up the Port. :wallbash:
Thought you were already a geriatric pensioner Rev...
A retirement village means that at least one person in the household used to work and doesn't any more. It doesn't mean they're geriatric, it could just mean they have more time to "be in community". My in-laws spend a lot of time out of the house but live in a retirement village. I know a couple who are planning to move into the UCity building in the city when it's completed, so they will be closer to theatres etc, and only one of them is going to retire at this stage.
That area of the Port is barely a residential area, so it’s dissapointing to see the suburban development not far by Starfish is it?, and now a high rise retirement community.
These will decrease the chance of the place being active late at night with bars and what not.

Will festivals continue in the area as well? I’d expect winter wonderland wouldn’t have many issues, but the various music festivals that have popped up at Hart’s Mill...?

HiTouch
High Rise Poster!
Posts: 486
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:40 pm
Has thanked: 221 times
Been thanked: 86 times

Re: News & Developments: Port Adelaide

#770 Post by HiTouch » Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:47 am

rev wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:29 am
the butthurt certain individuals still feel is hilarious
Is that all you got? :lol:
I agree. I don't know why everybody needs to bully rev all the time. Without him, this Sensational Adelaide forum wouldn't be sensational.

Shuz needs to apologise.
rev wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:55 am
If the parklands are so important why dont they put it to a vote state wide? Or are they afraid the majority will back this hotel..

User avatar
skyliner
Super Size Scraper Poster!
Posts: 2359
Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2006 9:16 pm
Location: fassifern (near Brisbane)
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 15 times

Re: News & Developments: Port Adelaide

#771 Post by skyliner » Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:56 pm

Shuz has had a go at me more than once as well. That's Shuz. Don't let it get to you.
Jack.

Mpol03
Legendary Member!
Posts: 632
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:39 am
Has thanked: 289 times
Been thanked: 52 times

Re: News & Developments: Port Adelaide

#772 Post by Mpol03 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:45 pm

What’s a Shuz. :sly:

HiTouch
High Rise Poster!
Posts: 486
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:40 pm
Has thanked: 221 times
Been thanked: 86 times

Re: News & Developments: Port Adelaide

#773 Post by HiTouch » Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:51 pm

A person who is rude, has been racist in the past and only posts to put others down like rev and I. He's bullied rev and I since primary school. I remember him giving me wet willies, swirlies and taking my lunch money and enough is enough!! When I spoke to my parents about the issue, he would respond by giving them wedgies hanging them from the school flag pole raising them up while singing the National Anthem. Justice needs to be brought!!
rev wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:55 am
If the parklands are so important why dont they put it to a vote state wide? Or are they afraid the majority will back this hotel..

User avatar
SRW
Donating Member
Donating Member
Posts: 2470
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:42 pm
Location: City
Has thanked: 571 times
Been thanked: 261 times

Re: News & Developments: Port Adelaide

#774 Post by SRW » Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:59 pm

Oh honestly, give the crocodile tears a rest. You all give as good as you get.
Keep Adelaide Weird

HiTouch
High Rise Poster!
Posts: 486
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:40 pm
Has thanked: 221 times
Been thanked: 86 times

Re: News & Developments: Port Adelaide

#775 Post by HiTouch » Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:43 pm

SRW wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:59 pm
Oh honestly, give the crocodile tears a rest. You all give as good as you get.
I dont know who youre referring to but the only thing I have ever given is a compassionate heart.
rev wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:55 am
If the parklands are so important why dont they put it to a vote state wide? Or are they afraid the majority will back this hotel..

rev
SA MVP (Most Valued Poster 4000+)
Posts: 4005
Joined: Sat Nov 11, 2006 12:14 pm
Has thanked: 281 times
Been thanked: 409 times

Re: News & Developments: Port Adelaide

#776 Post by rev » Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:11 pm

York Civil plans to transform Cruickshank’s Corner into a tourism destination.

Image
https://www.portcanalshoppingcentre.com ... velopments

I wonder what's going to happen with Cruickshanks now since York's has gone under.

how good is he
Legendary Member!
Posts: 939
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:26 am
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 48 times

Re: News & Developments: Port Adelaide

#777 Post by how good is he » Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:36 pm

E14DB6A5-5006-4CE8-8B5D-A31434F2BD0E.jpeg
E14DB6A5-5006-4CE8-8B5D-A31434F2BD0E.jpeg (3.29 MiB) Viewed 2707 times
Photo taken at a recent Cedar Woods (the developer) talk. Sorry if hard to read. 511 properties being choice 2 or 3 storey townhouses & apts. Focus on families/open space/back yards. They are doing residential only, no commercial/retail etc on their land. See also https://fletchersslip.com.au/

chang4
Sen-Rookie-Sational
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:22 pm
Location: South Korea
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: News & Developments: Port Adelaide

#778 Post by chang4 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:56 pm

I know this area very well. I used to live in New Port. My parent's house was in Close Street Birkenhead so I've walked across zones 1 and 2 thousands of times.. I live in South Korea where high rise is commonplace.

Zone 1 is right next to the train station. Could have been an opportunity to provide mid-price-range high density housing for regular people who want to live in the Port and commute easily to the city.
Or at least something like Subiaco.

Instead it's going to be West Lakes 2.0 by the looks of it.

Stefan
Sen-Rookie-Sational
Posts: 40
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:47 pm
Has thanked: 1 time

Re: News & Developments: Port Adelaide

#779 Post by Stefan » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:31 pm

I know this isnt exactly Port Adelaide but does anyone know whats happening on the corner of Semaphore Road and Military Road on the South Eastern end? Similarly on the North Western side where IGA was there is also fencing and I saw people in high vis on the building earlier today.

Abwolf
Gold-Member ;)
Posts: 56
Joined: Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:21 pm
Been thanked: 22 times

Re: News & Developments: Port Adelaide

#780 Post by Abwolf » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:01 pm

IGA and Atlantic Video is reportedly being restored as an IGA branded Foodland, while the existing Foodland down the road will take on the generic 'Drakes' name as part of them pulling out of their partnership with Metcash (Foodland/IGA).

The corner is rumoured to be a multi-storey building with shops on the ground floor and offices or apartments above, I'd suggest of similar height to the newish building next to Odeon.

The existing tenants of the demolished building (GoVita Health) have moved into the vacant Indian restaurant space in the busier part of the street.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests