[APP] Peregrine HQ | 38m | 8 levels | Kensington

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in areas other than the CBD and North Adelaide. Includes Port Adelaide and Glenelg.
fishinajar
High Rise Poster!

[APP] Re: [PRO] Peregrine HQ | 38m | 8 levels | Kensington

#61 Post by fishinajar » Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:01 pm

Ben wrote:
Tue May 16, 2017 1:07 pm
This is now approved with work to start "almost immediately".
I guess not right away immediately ;)

Algernon
Super Size Scraper Poster!

[APP] Re: Peregrine HQ | 38m | 8 levels | Kensington

#62 Post by Algernon » Wed May 16, 2018 3:00 am

Article in the Messenger has this slated for U/C later in the year.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/messenger ... 74948eb5e3

dbl96
High Rise Poster!

#63 Post by dbl96 » Fri May 18, 2018 3:04 pm

Algernon wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 3:00 am

News Limited material is now generally not accessible without a subscription. If you are going to use it as a source, could you please paste the article in its entirety to the forum?

Goodsy
Legendary Member!

#64 Post by Goodsy » Fri May 18, 2018 3:11 pm

dbl96 wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 3:04 pm
Algernon wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 3:00 am

News Limited material is now generally not accessible without a subscription. If you are going to use it as a source, could you please paste the article in its entirety to the forum?

On The Run owners Peregrine Corporation receive extra year to begin redevelopment of $50m Kensington headquarters

PETROL giant On The Run will be given an extra year – until 2021 – to start work on a $50 million, seven-storey redevelopment of its Kensington head office.

Peregrine Corporation – the parent company of On The Run – was given State Government approval in May 2017 to redevelop its headquarters on the corner of Portrush Rd and The Parade.

However, updated plans which included the removal of its basement-level carpark were approved by the State Government in February, according to the Government Gazette released this month.

The changes mean the company now has until February 2021 to start work.

Peregrine Corporation proposed new head office in Kensington, Source: State Government

Peregrine Corporation chief infrastructure officer John Domino confirmed said, under the new plans, the carpark had moved to the building’s second storey.

There was no change to the number of carparks – 223 – already approved.

Mr Domino did not say why the carpark had been moved.
Other “minor amendments” – such as improvements to ventilation and natural light – were included in the updated plans.

The development would still include a ground-floor cafe, five levels of offices, a 50m indoor pool and a gym.

Under the approval guidelines outlined by the State Government, Peregrine had three years to start construction and a further six years to complete the project.

If the project was not completed in those timeframes, the government could withdraw development approval.

Mr Domino expected to work to start later this year.

rev
SA MVP (Most Valued Poster 4000+)

#65 Post by rev » Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:15 pm

Heh, these idiots want a helipad now. I guess the wannabe king of Adelaide who thinks he's above the law needs to be able to fly between his mcplastic mansion in Burnside, his new office, and his personal race track.
OTR lodges helipad plans for Kensington headquarters
Ben Cameron, Eastern Courier Messenger
October 22, 2018 8:13pm
Subscriber only

PETROL station giant OTR has lodged plans for a helicopter pad on its new $50 million, seven-storey head office in Kensington — and the proposal is already drawing the ire from local community leaders.

Parent company, Peregrine Corporation has lodge plans for “helicopter landing facilities” on the roof at the site with the State Planning Commission.

Norwood, Payneham & St Peters Mayor Robert Bria described the helipad plan as “outrageous and offensive”.

“It’s the most outrageous proposal I’ve heard in a long time,” Mr Bria said.

“It shows no understanding of the location whatsoever. It’s offensive.

“It shows a complete lack of respect for schools, residents and the community at large.

“It beggars belief, what possible benefit could it bring?

“Any person with an ounce of common sense would not see it as reasonable.

“(Planning Minister) Stephan Knoll needs to stand up and knock this rubbish on the head immediately.”

Peregrine’s blueprint for the office tower at the corner of The Parade and Portrush Rd was approved in May last year but works have not yet begun.

The company initially proposed a landing pad in its original plans but then removed it.

Peregrine said the helipad would be private and not for hire, and used for up to 10 days a year. It was intended to support activity at the Bend Motorsport Park.

A Peregrine spokesman said it was not uncommon for new commercial developments of this size to include helipads for use by tenants and support emergency services.

NP&SP councillor Christel Mex said it would be a “highly inappropriate” use of the land.

“It would be disappointing in my view to have a helicopter landing pad in the middle of Kensington,” Mrs Mex said.

“Resident have already had to deal with losing sunlight (with the proposal), and I think it’s highly inappropriate.

“I don’t know why they can’t use an Uber like everyone else.”

She urged local residents to contact their state MPs.

Kensington Residents Association secretary Andrew Dyson said it was a “total abuse of the planning system”.

“It adds insult to injury,” Mr Dyson said.

“We will strongly oppose it, as we did with their initial plans. It’s totally inappropriate for an area bordering residential.

“It seems to be one rule for the rich and another for everyone else.”

The office proposal also includes a ground floor café, five storeys of offices and a 50m indoor swimming pool on the top floor.

A spokesman for Planning Minister Stephan Knoll said the proposal was “going through the regular planning process”.

“The next step will involve the independent State Planning Commission setting the level of assessment and guidelines which will be publicly released,” the spokesman said.

“Following this, the proponent will need to prepare detailed documentation and advice which appropriately responds to the guidelines.

“Once this is received and determined to be adequate for consultation, it will be publicly released for formal consultation.”

Peregrine has been sought for comment on the helicopter pad plans.

The building was opposed by the NP&SP council and local residents groups last year, fearing it would ruin the historic character of the precinct.

Peregrine Corporation’s executive chairman Yasser Shahin said in February last year work would start “almost immediately” and be completed within two years.
https://www.adelaidenow.com.au/messenge ... 5814c4d489

SBD

#66 Post by SBD » Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:20 am

NIMBY!

How much louder is a small helicopter a few days a year than the heavy freight on Portrush Road almost all day every day? There are helicopter landing places all over the place, but nobody notices when there isn't a helicopter there at the time, and most people don't care when there is.

Patrick_27

#67 Post by Patrick_27 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:08 am

SBD wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:20 am
NIMBY!

How much louder is a small helicopter a few days a year than the heavy freight on Portrush Road almost all day every day? There are helicopter landing places all over the place, but nobody notices when there isn't a helicopter there at the time, and most people don't care when there is.
Oh, come on... Have you ever been near a helicopter when it's landing? It was loud on top of the ORAH and that was taller than this building. Unless you have lived or are willing to live in the conditions that people will face with this development, then you don't really have any grounds to call anyone a NIMBY. Honestly, fuck Peregrine, if they want such an outrageous feature on their HQ they can explore building in the CBD.

rev

#68 Post by rev » Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:13 am

SBD wrote:
NIMBY!

If common sense makes me a NIMBY, so be it, add it to the list of shit I supposedly am according to S-A members :lol:

I guess ultimately it's a matter of opinion. Personally I'd find having a helicopter taking off and landing, that wasn't for emergency services, to be beyond a nuisance.

If they allow it, hopefully it's with the compromise that he pays for the highest quality sound proofing for all surrounding properties.

SBD

#69 Post by SBD » Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:19 am

Patrick_27 wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:08 am
SBD wrote:
NIMBY!

Oh, come on... Have you ever been near a helicopter when it's landing? It was loud on top of the ORAH and that was taller than this building. Unless you have lived or are willing to live in the conditions that people will face with this development, then you don't really have any grounds to call anyone a NIMBY. Honestly, fuck Peregrine, if they want such an outrageous feature on their HQ they can explore building in the CBD.
Sure, I'd notice it for the few minutes its running, but it's not going to be so noisy I couldn't cope with it. I don't know whether they would have a helicopter as big as the ones that land at hospitals, but it certainly wouldn't be as big as the military ones I've seen at the Adelaide 500 or the RAAF base.

It hadn't actually occurred to me that I wouldn't be allowed to land a helicopter in my own back yard if I wanted to (and had enough clear space).

borsac
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#70 Post by borsac » Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:16 am

Charlie Shahin was on 5AA this morning.
He said they only want to use it for 10 days a year.
Then he said it would be a good thing to encourage tenants to the building for the extra office space they are creating.

rev

#71 Post by rev » Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:50 pm

borsac wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:16 am
Charlie Shahin was on 5AA this morning.
He said they only want to use it for 10 days a year.
Then he said it would be a good thing to encourage tenants to the building for the extra office space they are creating.
Of course, only 10 times a year, because he wants to get it approved. And then in a few years, he will want to use it more then 10 times, or his "tenants" will want to use it an 11th day, and so on and so forth, and before you know it, 10 days has turned into year round use. It's a slippery slope especially with these people.

rev

#72 Post by rev » Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:57 pm

SBD wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:19 am
Sure, I'd notice it for the few minutes its running, but it's not going to be so noisy I couldn't cope with it. I don't know whether they would have a helicopter as big as the ones that land at hospitals, but it certainly wouldn't be as big as the military ones I've seen at the Adelaide 500 or the RAAF base.

It hadn't actually occurred to me that I wouldn't be allowed to land a helicopter in my own back yard if I wanted to (and had enough clear space).
This whole idea for a helipad is nothing more then Shahin waving his dick around at Adelaide saying look how big it is I'm the king. It's just another vanity project like his mansion in Burnside and the race track at Tailem.
If it's only going to be used 10 times a year, there's absolutely no justification for it then, as they could simply go to the airport and use a helicopter there.
I mean, that is if you actually believe they're going to spend all that money to use it only 10 times a year.

SRW
Donating Member
Donating Member

#73 Post by SRW » Fri Mar 13, 2020 10:44 am

Apparently still on the cards but the helipad issue remains to be decided: https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-03-13/ ... h/12050532
Keep Adelaide Weird

Kasey771
Legendary Member!

[APP] Re: [PRO] Peregrine Corporation HQ | 7 levels | Kensington

#74 Post by Kasey771 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 11:16 am

Ben wrote:
Tue Oct 04, 2016 3:46 pm
Looks pretty awesome. If the tram line happens in the next couple of years. This area will be very Melbournesque
Tramline? Ha! The local Member is Steven "no trams" Marshall. Good luck with that.
I think you'd have more chance of getting a protected bicycle lane on any road used by Cr. Alex Hyde. of the ACC
Big infrastructure investments are usually under-valued and & over-criticized while in the planning stage. It's much easier to envision the here and now costs and inconveniences, and far more difficult to imagine fully the eventual benefits.

how good is he
Legendary Member!

#75 Post by how good is he » Fri Mar 13, 2020 11:21 am

Or maybe just wait for Uberair to come to Adelaide... https://www.gizmodo.com.au/2019/06/melb ... -a-kidney/
Last edited by how good is he on Fri Mar 13, 2020 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.