News & Discussion: Trams

Threads relating to transport, water, etc. within the CBD and Metropolitan area.
Message
Author
Faulkick
Sen-Rookie-Sational
Posts: 16
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:49 pm
Has thanked: 2 times

Re: News & Discussion: Trams

#3766 Post by Faulkick » Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:59 pm

Is there any plans for extension to the tram line which has actually been agreed? I know they were talking about going to Norwood down Stephen Tce and the Parade but the local council did not seem too keen on this.

Waewick
Super Size Scraper Poster!
Posts: 3459
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:39 pm
Has thanked: 53 times
Been thanked: 130 times

Re: News & Discussion: Trams

#3767 Post by Waewick » Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:32 pm

Faulkick wrote:Is there any plans for extension to the tram line which has actually been agreed? I know they were talking about going to Norwood down Stephen Tce and the Parade but the local council did not seem too keen on this.
No. All trams off the table at this stage

Mpol03
Legendary Member!
Posts: 588
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:39 am
Has thanked: 277 times
Been thanked: 46 times

Re: News & Discussion: Trams

#3768 Post by Mpol03 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:45 pm

So sad. A team down Nowrood, Unley rd or Hyde Park and O’Connel st would be great. Really bring people into the are without cars.

User avatar
timtam20292
Legendary Member!
Posts: 1085
Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:03 pm
Has thanked: 882 times
Been thanked: 147 times

Re: News & Discussion: Trams

#3769 Post by timtam20292 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:01 pm

Once labor is back in Government then the trams will continue.

User avatar
ChillyPhilly
Legendary Member!
Posts: 1407
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:35 pm
Location: Adder-Laid, South Australia.
Has thanked: 260 times
Been thanked: 340 times
Contact:

Re: News & Discussion: Trams

#3770 Post by ChillyPhilly » Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:28 am

Saw this...

.Image

...in this issue.

.Image
Our state, our city, our future.

All views expressed on this forum are my own.

User avatar
Pistol
Legendary Member!
Posts: 909
Joined: Sat Jul 01, 2006 5:46 pm
Location: Adelaide
Has thanked: 34 times
Been thanked: 33 times

Re: News & Discussion: Trams

#3771 Post by Pistol » Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:52 pm

In Canberra and as I type am looking at their tram line down Northbourne Avenue. Looks fantastic and what I would expect a tram down the middle of Port Road to look like.
Most all major infrastructure is in place but it still looks a couple of months off being ready.
John Holland are the contractors on this project.
Will be interesting to see if there are any cost overruns on this as well...
Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken

RetroGamer87
Sen-Rookie-Sational
Posts: 20
Joined: Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:01 pm
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: News & Discussion: Trams

#3772 Post by RetroGamer87 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:15 pm

Pistol wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:52 pm
In Canberra and as I type am looking at their tram line down Northbourne Avenue. Looks fantastic and what I would expect a tram down the middle of Port Road to look like.
Why would we need a tram line down Port Road when there's already a railway line running parallel with Port Road?

citywatcher
Legendary Member!
Posts: 508
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2007 5:51 pm
Has thanked: 13 times
Been thanked: 63 times

Re: News & Discussion: Trams

#3773 Post by citywatcher » Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:40 pm

timtam20292 wrote:Once labor is back in Government then the trams will continue.
Don't understand what their problem is with trams
They have been proven to be a winner
A city loop would open up the city square no end
I can only think it's their attitude of not wishing to do the community any favours

Sent from my SM-J730G using Tapatalk


User avatar
timtam20292
Legendary Member!
Posts: 1085
Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:03 pm
Has thanked: 882 times
Been thanked: 147 times

Re: News & Discussion: Trams

#3774 Post by timtam20292 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:48 pm

RetroGamer87 wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:15 pm
Pistol wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:52 pm
In Canberra and as I type am looking at their tram line down Northbourne Avenue. Looks fantastic and what I would expect a tram down the middle of Port Road to look like.
Why would we need a tram line down Port Road when there's already a railway line running parallel with Port Road?
He is saying that’s what it would like if one were to travel down Port Road.

Waewick
Super Size Scraper Poster!
Posts: 3459
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:39 pm
Has thanked: 53 times
Been thanked: 130 times

Re: News & Discussion: Trams

#3775 Post by Waewick » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:06 pm

citywatcher wrote:
timtam20292 wrote:Once labor is back in Government then the trams will continue.
Don't understand what their problem is with trams
They have been proven to be a winner
A city loop would open up the city square no end
I can only think it's their attitude of not wishing to do the community any favours

Sent from my SM-J730G using Tapatalk
There was some hefty (but in my view misguided) resistance in Norwood to the extension which is why Marshall ruled it out early.

After directly asking the question to two or three Liberal MPs i was told in short, buses can do the same job without the tracks.


how good is he
Legendary Member!
Posts: 922
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:26 am
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 45 times

Re: News & Discussion: Trams

#3776 Post by how good is he » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:27 pm

I expect North Adelaide or the city loop (or ideally both) to be the next route. There’s a rumour an international hotel group is looking at part of the 88 O’Connell St site, so it would be good to co-incide with anything finally built there. I estimate the earliest completion would be 2021/2022.

SBD
Legendary Member!
Posts: 1074
Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:49 pm
Location: Blakeview
Has thanked: 332 times
Been thanked: 79 times

Re: News & Discussion: Trams

#3777 Post by SBD » Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:01 pm

how good is he wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:27 pm
I expect North Adelaide or the city loop (or ideally both) to be the next route. There’s a rumour an international hotel group is looking at part of the 88 O’Connell St site, so it would be good to co-incide with anything finally built there. I estimate the earliest completion would be 2021/2022.
Just in time for the next election (if the contractors/department get it right first time).

Mpol03
Legendary Member!
Posts: 588
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:39 am
Has thanked: 277 times
Been thanked: 46 times

Re: News & Discussion: Trams

#3778 Post by Mpol03 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:39 am

Aren't the Liberal government against trams?

how good is he
Legendary Member!
Posts: 922
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:26 am
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 45 times

Re: News & Discussion: Trams

#3779 Post by how good is he » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:40 am

Yes so I think we are discussing the next tram extension assuming/based on when Labour get in [one day].

SBD
Legendary Member!
Posts: 1074
Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:49 pm
Location: Blakeview
Has thanked: 332 times
Been thanked: 79 times

Re: News & Discussion: Trams

#3780 Post by SBD » Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:06 pm

how good is he wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:40 am
Yes so I think we are discussing the next tram extension assuming/based on when Labour get in [one day].
Liberal did not rule out a north Adelaide extension

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 9 guests