[U/C] Renaissance Arcade | 132m | 40 Levels | Realm Apartments

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in the Adelaide and North Adelaide areas.
Message
Author
whatstheirname
High Rise Poster!
Posts: 112
Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:57 am
Has thanked: 32 times
Been thanked: 243 times

[U/C] Re: Renaissance Arcade | 132m | 40 Levels | Realm Apartments

#781 Post by whatstheirname » Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:38 pm

Sorry for lack of update, I went on some leave:
Construction61.jpg
Construction61.jpg (4.68 MiB) Viewed 2694 times

whatstheirname
High Rise Poster!
Posts: 112
Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:57 am
Has thanked: 32 times
Been thanked: 243 times

[U/C] Re: Renaissance Arcade | 132m | 40 Levels | Realm Apartments

#782 Post by whatstheirname » Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:39 pm

Construction62.jpg
Construction62.jpg (4.56 MiB) Viewed 2693 times

User avatar
timtam20292
Legendary Member!
Posts: 1085
Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:03 pm
Has thanked: 882 times
Been thanked: 147 times

[U/C] Re: Renaissance Arcade | 132m | 40 Levels | Realm Apartments

#783 Post by timtam20292 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:03 pm

So we're at level 5 now?

whatstheirname
High Rise Poster!
Posts: 112
Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:57 am
Has thanked: 32 times
Been thanked: 243 times

[U/C] Re: Renaissance Arcade | 132m | 40 Levels | Realm Apartments

#784 Post by whatstheirname » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:39 am

Would help if they numbered the core hey :lol: (maybe someone could email Maxcon :lol: )

normh
High Rise Poster!
Posts: 152
Joined: Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:19 pm
Has thanked: 165 times
Been thanked: 78 times

[U/C] Re: Renaissance Arcade | 132m | 40 Levels | Realm Apartments

#785 Post by normh » Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:27 pm

whatstheirname wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:39 am
Would help if they numbered the core hey :lol: (maybe someone could email Maxcon :lol: )
:cheers: yes I do have a sense of humour and can laugh at myself :)

And yes I reckon it is the 5th floor. Slider must be the next to go.

normh
High Rise Poster!
Posts: 152
Joined: Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:19 pm
Has thanked: 165 times
Been thanked: 78 times

[U/C] Re: Renaissance Arcade | 132m | 40 Levels | Realm Apartments

#786 Post by normh » Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:45 am

In the two photos that whatstheirname has just posted.

1) the pink on the pillars - is that just some sort of protection/coating that they put on as they take the form work off?
2) what is that construction on the right that is attached to the building very floor for? In the first photo you can see the base of it and in the second photo you can see it extends up with some cables or pipes or similar passing through what appears to be a guide? is it part of a concrete pump or something else?

cheers

User avatar
Pikey
VIP Member
VIP Member
Posts: 2231
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2005 7:41 am
Location: Sitting Down
Has thanked: 126 times
Been thanked: 341 times

[U/C] Re: Renaissance Arcade | 132m | 40 Levels | Realm Apartments

#787 Post by Pikey » Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:52 am

normh wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:45 am
In the two photos that whatstheirname has just posted.

1) the pink on the pillars - is that just some sort of protection/coating that they put on as they take the form work off?
2) what is that construction on the right that is attached to the building very floor for? In the first photo you can see the base of it and in the second photo you can see it extends up with some cables or pipes or similar passing through what appears to be a guide? is it part of a concrete pump or something else?

cheers
I can help here.

The pink pillar is the form work that would have been used to pour the columns with. Once it's completely cured the builders will cut the form work off, revealing the structure. I think we can see it now because the scaffolding has been removed. The second structure is called an Alimak, or a construction lift. Pretty simple, it's used to ferry workers to the levels they need to work on.

Cheers!
Walking on over....

| Sensational-Adelaide.com Moderator |

normh
High Rise Poster!
Posts: 152
Joined: Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:19 pm
Has thanked: 165 times
Been thanked: 78 times

[U/C] Re: Renaissance Arcade | 132m | 40 Levels | Realm Apartments

#788 Post by normh » Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:55 am

Pikey wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:52 am
normh wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:45 am
In the two photos that whatstheirname has just posted.

1) the pink on the pillars - is that just some sort of protection/coating that they put on as they take the form work off?
2) what is that construction on the right that is attached to the building very floor for? In the first photo you can see the base of it and in the second photo you can see it extends up with some cables or pipes or similar passing through what appears to be a guide? is it part of a concrete pump or something else?

cheers
I can help here.

The pink pillar is the form work that would have been used to pour the columns with. Once it's completely cured the builders will cut the form work off, revealing the structure. I think we can see it now because the scaffolding has been removed. The second structure is called an Alimak, or a construction lift. Pretty simple, it's used to ferry workers to the levels they need to work on.

Cheers!
Pikey thank you, I see it now. I just did a search and saw the Alimak Scando 650 and its components, then went back to the photos and now the base section makes sense, so it is a "dual" car system.

cheers

EBG
Super Size Scraper Poster!
Posts: 2086
Joined: Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:49 pm
Has thanked: 685 times
Been thanked: 1270 times

[U/C] Re: Renaissance Arcade | 132m | 40 Levels | Realm Apartments

#789 Post by EBG » Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:12 pm

The pink is the same type of form work as the yellow found on the GPO building, that some thought was the permanent colour of the Cylindrical columns.

normh
High Rise Poster!
Posts: 152
Joined: Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:19 pm
Has thanked: 165 times
Been thanked: 78 times

[U/C] Re: Renaissance Arcade | 132m | 40 Levels | Realm Apartments

#790 Post by normh » Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:10 pm

I was in town today checking out H&M, took a wander down to Austin Street had a good long look at things and took a bunch of photos. I've attached a few here for your enjoyment and or comment. Oh and H&M nothing to brag about for men. :-)

cheers.
2018-11-11 11-28.JPG
So has the slider risen? or is it just perspective from the last post by whatstheirname?
2018-11-11 11-28.JPG (1.62 MiB) Viewed 1641 times
Last edited by normh on Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

normh
High Rise Poster!
Posts: 152
Joined: Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:19 pm
Has thanked: 165 times
Been thanked: 78 times

[U/C] Re: Renaissance Arcade | 132m | 40 Levels | Realm Apartments

#791 Post by normh » Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:17 pm

and another
2018-11-11 11-34.JPG
So are those yellow things to support the slab while the bin is in place?
2018-11-11 11-34.JPG (2.24 MiB) Viewed 1637 times

normh
High Rise Poster!
Posts: 152
Joined: Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:19 pm
Has thanked: 165 times
Been thanked: 78 times

[U/C] Re: Renaissance Arcade | 132m | 40 Levels | Realm Apartments

#792 Post by normh » Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:20 pm

2018-11-11 11-47.JPG
The front of the new pub and balcony. With the lift for the workers on the right that Pikey pointed out
2018-11-11 11-47.JPG (2.37 MiB) Viewed 1635 times

normh
High Rise Poster!
Posts: 152
Joined: Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:19 pm
Has thanked: 165 times
Been thanked: 78 times

[U/C] Re: Renaissance Arcade | 132m | 40 Levels | Realm Apartments

#793 Post by normh » Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:22 pm

2018-11-11 11-59.JPG
No I didn't go on site :-). this was taken from the access path to the rear of the shops on the south side of Porters Lane. Looks like a fire escape and you can see through to the arcade and the rear of the core.
2018-11-11 11-59.JPG (1.18 MiB) Viewed 1634 times

EBG
Super Size Scraper Poster!
Posts: 2086
Joined: Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:49 pm
Has thanked: 685 times
Been thanked: 1270 times

[U/C] Re: Renaissance Arcade | 132m | 40 Levels | Realm Apartments

#794 Post by EBG » Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:03 pm

yes the yellow things would be to support the bin and yes the core form work has jumped a level.

User avatar
baytram366
High Rise Poster!
Posts: 344
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2007 4:06 pm
Location: Adelaide
Has thanked: 9 times
Been thanked: 8 times
Contact:

[U/C] Re: Renaissance Arcade | 132m | 40 Levels | Realm Apartments

#795 Post by baytram366 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:48 am

The first photo in the series shown above - where was that taken from?

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests