[U/C] Westfield Tea Tree Plaza (Extension)

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in areas other than the CBD and North Adelaide. Includes Port Adelaide and Glenelg.
pushbutton
Legendary Member!

[U/C] Re: Westfield Tea Tree Plaza (Extension)

#586 Post by pushbutton » Sat Nov 03, 2018 5:44 pm

Mpol03 wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 5:19 pm
Is the entire centre refurbished or is it just a section? I’ve never been down to know what it was like.
The food court has been refurbished. The rest is as it's been for years.

duke
High Rise Poster!

#587 Post by duke » Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:28 pm

I went there today for the first time since the redevelopment.
Wow, it's awesome. They even have live music.
The Lux cinema I think is going to be a regular for us.

Now to make my way through each of the restaurants, 1 down, many to go.

relapse
Gold-Member ;)

#588 Post by relapse » Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:41 am

The TTP extension blew me away when I first saw it, very keen now for them to hurry up and start the 2nd stage of it ie the retail expansion.

Seems like a perfect time now that half of the old Tea Tree Plus is empty, hopefully after Christmas it might finally get underway.

The Scooter Guy
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#589 Post by The Scooter Guy » Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:02 pm

relapse wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:41 am
The TTP extension blew me away when I first saw it, very keen now for them to hurry up and start the 2nd stage of it ie the retail expansion.

Seems like a perfect time now that half of the old Tea Tree Plus is empty, hopefully after Christmas it might finally get underway.
I've heard that a Cotton On superstore is going where TRU was.
For starters, my avatar is the well-known Adelaide Aquatic Centre insignia from 1989.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWk8YPx2zHziHgvyPy_9fxQ
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ryanthescooterguy/
http://ryansbedroom.tumblr.com/

HiTouch
Legendary Member!

#590 Post by HiTouch » Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:44 pm

The Scooter Guy wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:02 pm
relapse wrote:

It might be a pop up mega they did it a few years ago. I got a really nice V neck (back when they were popular) and thongs there which were a good price but they were stiff and the rubber straps rubbed against the top part of my foot. Because the skin on top of my foot is soft, it caused blistering and was really painful... enough about my thongs, they did it as a temporary thing for Christmas so I wouldnt be surprised if it was temporary.

pushbutton
Legendary Member!

#591 Post by pushbutton » Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:27 pm

Tea Tree Plus is a planning nightmare and should never have been granted planning permission. As most of the stores are currently empty now would be a good time to relocate them into the main building and demolish T ea Tree Plus so they can extend the centre properly.

Brucetiki
Legendary Member!

#592 Post by Brucetiki » Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:08 pm

HiTouch wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:44 pm
The Scooter Guy wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:02 pm
relapse wrote:

It might be a pop up mega they did it a few years ago. I got a really nice V neck (back when they were popular) and thongs there which were a good price but they were stiff and the rubber straps rubbed against the top part of my foot. Because the skin on top of my foot is soft, it caused blistering and was really painful... enough about my thongs, they did it as a temporary thing for Christmas so I wouldnt be surprised if it was temporary.
TTP just confirmed this is opening Saturday.

It's basically Cotton On, Rubi Shoes, Typo, Supre, and Factorie all merged into one store.

HiTouch
Legendary Member!

#593 Post by HiTouch » Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:39 pm

Surely that would boost traffic? tea Tree plus is probably the most dead shopping centre I've ever seen. Modbury Triangle gets more activity.

Brucetiki
Legendary Member!

#594 Post by Brucetiki » Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:17 pm

HiTouch wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:39 pm
Surely that would boost traffic? tea Tree plus is probably the most dead shopping centre I've ever seen. Modbury Triangle gets more activity.
It will definitely boost the number of Millennials visiting Tea Tree Plus

relapse
Gold-Member ;)

#595 Post by relapse » Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:27 am

pushbutton wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:27 pm
Tea Tree Plus is a planning nightmare and should never have been granted planning permission. As most of the stores are currently empty now would be a good time to relocate them into the main building and demolish T ea Tree Plus so they can extend the centre properly.
Back in the day it was a great idea

It had anchor tennants Harris Scarfe, TRU, Rowe and Jarman and Radio Rentals (back when it was relevant prior to Harveys, GoodGuys, JB Hifi etc), Caffe Buongiorno (before Primo) and it always had plenty of foot traffic.

Westfield deliberately tried to do everything they could to sabatoge the centre, at one stage they were even trying to build a fence up to prevent TTP shoppers being able to acess TT+ and for years that there was no vehicle access between the centres.

Now that Westfield has taken it over it's slowly began to die from a million cuts which I think is deliberate because Westfield have long planned to incorporate it with TTP.

duke
High Rise Poster!

#596 Post by duke » Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:36 pm

relapse wrote:

The plans I have seen, stage 2 doesn't include joining TT+ to TTP
I really don't know what they are planning on doing with TT+

nath91
Gold-Member ;)

#597 Post by nath91 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:00 pm

duke wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:36 pm
relapse wrote:

The plans I have seen, stage 2 doesn't include joining TT+ to TTP
I really don't know what they are planning on doing with TT+
Can you divulge any info on plans you have seen Duke?

Seems odd it’s been nearly 20 years with all talk about it but nothing done and they then go lease to a major tenant like Cotton On.

Something I have also heard is a Myer downsize given its uncertainty in the market.. that’s a lot of sqm to fill but possibly with big box type stores?

bits
Legendary Member!

[U/C] Re: [U/C] Re: Westfield Tea Tree Plaza (Extension)

#598 Post by bits » Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:43 pm

nath91 wrote: Something I have also heard is a Myer downsize given its uncertainty in the market.. that’s a lot of sqm to fill but possibly with big box type stores?
If Myer downsized would they not just close an upper floor or 2. The space would be abandoned, some storage or office space?
I don't think there would be any demand for level 3 or 4.

nath91
Gold-Member ;)

[U/C] Re: [U/C] Re: Westfield Tea Tree Plaza (Extension)

#599 Post by nath91 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:36 pm

bits wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:43 pm
nath91 wrote: Something I have also heard is a Myer downsize given its uncertainty in the market.. that’s a lot of sqm to fill but possibly with big box type stores?
If Myer downsized would they not just close an upper floor or 2. The space would be abandoned, some storage or office space?
I don't think there would be any demand for level 3 or 4.
Goodlife at West Lakes seems to be doing well in the old DJs level 2 space and that has no mall access, however a 3rd or 4th floor higher would be challenging with access and getting people up there. Or any other retailer for that matter. Would be costly to reconfigure, and create external access such as elevators.

ChillyPhilly
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#600 Post by ChillyPhilly » Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:53 pm

duke wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:28 pm
I went there today for the first time since the redevelopment.
Wow, it's awesome. They even have live music.
The Lux cinema I think is going to be a regular for us.

Now to make my way through each of the restaurants, 1 down, many to go.
I did the same, a week after you. They've done extremely well with it, just the right size and vibe. I can see this forming a model that will be rolled out elsewhere. West Lakes comes to mind.
Our state, our city, our future.

All views expressed on this forum are my own.