[SWP] Lot 14 (Old RAH Site)

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in the Adelaide and North Adelaide areas.
crawf
Donating Member
Donating Member

[SWP] Re: Lot 14 (Old RAH Site)

#451 Post by crawf » Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:42 pm

Some of the comments on the Advertiser page........

https://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/sou ... 283316727d

Lol

[Shuz]
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#452 Post by [Shuz] » Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:59 pm

Just when you thought Advertiser journalism had bottomed out, and then they do an article solely on the comments of an article...

Jesus Christ, can we get this Murdoch trash out of our city already.
Any views and opinions expressed are of my own, and do not reflect the views or opinions of any organisation of which I have an affiliation with.

ml69
Legendary Member!

#453 Post by ml69 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:32 pm

Can someone who can bypass the firewall post all the relevant articles please?

I changed laptops yesterday, and it seems that a lot of the links to the Chrome and Firefox anti-paywall add-ins have been taken down recently and don’t work anymore. :x

ghs

#454 Post by ghs » Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:45 pm

So they've announced that the space agency headquarters will be here in Adelaide. It's no coincidence
that where just a few months away from an election. At this time, ScoMo is most likely going to all of the states making
'good news' announcements. The announcement of the 'headquarters' being in Adelaide obviously means that the space agency
will also have offices in other states, similar to the DST setup. I would be much more positive if they announced that the entire
space agency would be here in Adelaide.

crawf
Donating Member
Donating Member

#455 Post by crawf » Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:58 pm

ghs wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:45 pm
So they've announced that the space agency headquarters will be here in Adelaide. It's no coincidence
that where just a few months away from an election. At this time, ScoMo is most likely going to all of the states making
'good news' announcements. The announcement of the 'headquarters' being in Adelaide obviously means that the space agency
will also have offices in other states, similar to the DST setup. I would be much more positive if they announced that the entire
Seriously, can you just f*ck off.

wilkiebarkid
Donating Member
Donating Member

#456 Post by wilkiebarkid » Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:06 pm

crawf wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:58 pm
ghs wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:45 pm
Seriously, can you just f*ck off.
:applause:

Jaymz
Legendary Member!

#457 Post by Jaymz » Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:29 pm

I think ol' Paresh above is under the impression that space ships are gonna be launched from Lot 14 :lol:

Nathan

#458 Post by Nathan » Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:42 pm

Jaymz wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:29 pm
I think ol' Paresh above is under the impression that space ships are gonna be launched from Lot 14 :lol:
Well of course not, what with the APPA :wink:

Ho Really

#459 Post by Ho Really » Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:03 pm

ml69 wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:32 pm
[...]

I changed laptops yesterday, and it seems that a lot of the links to the Chrome and Firefox anti-paywall add-ins have been taken down recently and don’t work anymore. :x
I sent you a PM on Sunday with a link to where you can download the add-on. Download the .xpi file.

Cheers
Confucius say: Dumb man climb tree to get cherry, wise man spread limbs.

how good is he
Legendary Member!

#460 Post by how good is he » Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:15 pm

North Tce is considered a boulevard also for tourists so it would be good if they could incorporate something for tourists (or even locals) to see or do as part of the new Space Agency/Lot14. It would be a massive let down if it’s just offices with no interaction with the public. What exactly they could do I don’t really know but surely they need to be creative and World-class if it’s the National Space Agency HQs. However my concern is if it ends up like our National Wine Centre which never really took off.

Ho Really

#461 Post by Ho Really » Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:44 pm

how good is he wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:15 pm
North Tce is considered a boulevard also for tourists so it would be good if they could incorporate something for tourists (or even locals) to see or do as part of the new Space Agency/Lot14. It would be a massive let down if it’s just offices with no interaction with the public. What exactly they could do I don’t really know but surely they need to be creative and World-class if it’s the National Space Agency HQs. However my concern is if it ends up like our National Wine Centre which never really took off.
How about a museum and a discovery centre on space exploration and technology? If the pricks in government had coverted the O-Bahn into light rail (and also not wasted money on a tunnel) there would be a permanent transport system running along our cultural boulevard to the National Wine Centre and beyond. My :2cents:

Cheers
Confucius say: Dumb man climb tree to get cherry, wise man spread limbs.

omada
Donating Member
Donating Member

#462 Post by omada » Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:53 am

Yes with regards to the tourism aspect,I believe that Woomera has a fair bit of old space industry curiosities, ie rockets etc? Maybe some of this could be relocated to the new precinct.

Mpol03
Legendary Member!

#463 Post by Mpol03 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:35 am

If the libs were smart, they would have proposed a space museum where the new modern art gallery was proposed that connects to this proposal. Something with striking architecture, that is a world-class facility that exhibits all things astronomy and science.

This site needs direction, a clear vision. With the liberals in charge, I really think this is going to become a cluster of nothing that will attract strong business or tourism.

noted
High Rise Poster!

#464 Post by noted » Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:51 am

The location is slightly more accessible than the wine centre, plus the theme appeals to a much broader audience than what wine does. Should be pretty easy to bring in the visitors if they build an interactive science/space museum and complement it with a world class planetarium. Kids love that sort of thing and it appeals to all ages.

GrowAdelaide
High Rise Poster!

#465 Post by GrowAdelaide » Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:35 am

I was at the Wine Centre Monday morning and whilst not bustling, there were a significant number of people there, both at the Café and the information tour upstairs.