[COM] Armada Arndale (Redevelopment) | $200m

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in areas other than the CBD and North Adelaide. Includes Port Adelaide and Glenelg.
claybro
Super Size Scraper Poster!

[COM] Re: Armada Arndale (Redevelopment) | $200m

#346 Post by claybro » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:30 am

Eurostar wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:34 pm
I just want to see a combined Woolworths, Big W, Dan Murphys and pub :lol:

Coles group could probably do bigger combination though
Coles, Kmart/Target, First Choice Liquor/Liquorland, Bunnings, Charlies Diner
They kind of tried that concept 30 odd years ago with "SuperK" Port Adelaide. It was Kmart and Coles combined in one huge store, with groceries, clothing, household, garden section, a diner/café...not sure about the liquor though. It lasted maybe 2 years in that format, until it was divided up and just became a regular Kmart one side and Coles the other side.

Eurostar
Legendary Member!

#347 Post by Eurostar » Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:21 pm

claybro wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:30 am
Eurostar wrote:

They kind of tried that concept 30 odd years ago with "SuperK" Port Adelaide. It was Kmart and Coles combined in one huge store, with groceries, clothing, household, garden section, a diner/café...not sure about the liquor though. It lasted maybe 2 years in that format, until it was divided up and just became a regular Kmart one side and Coles the other side.
Imagine this scenario:
You order online, someone packages your order ready for collection, you fill up your car's fuel tank, you pay for your fuel or it could be paid before you fill up , you then collect your groceries from the register. Its easy, efficient and fast for the customer especially in the time poor ages.

SBD

#348 Post by SBD » Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:01 pm

Eurostar wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:21 pm
claybro wrote:
Eurostar wrote:

Imagine this scenario:
You order online, someone packages your order ready for collection, you fill up your car's fuel tank, you pay for your fuel or it could be paid before you fill up , you then collect your groceries from the register. Its easy, efficient and fast for the customer especially in the time poor ages.
We have moved on from having an expert fill our fuel tank and wash the windscreen for us to doing that ourselves, while paying someone to pick our groceries and pack them.

Brucetiki
Legendary Member!

#349 Post by Brucetiki » Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:25 pm

claybro wrote:
Eurostar wrote:

Coles wanted to have another go at this in the mid-late 2000's too when they wiped Bi-Lo and wanted to merge Coles and K-Mart into Walmart-style hypermarkets but then abandoned the idea halfway through the Bi-Lo purge.

To be honest, I'm surprised the hypermarket concept hasn't taken off in Australia.

pushbutton
Legendary Member!

#350 Post by pushbutton » Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:51 pm

Eurostar wrote:
To be honest, I'm surprised the hypermarket concept hasn't taken off in Australia.

In case you haven't heard, Kaufland will be opening in the next few years!

DcD2510
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#351 Post by DcD2510 » Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:09 pm

Armada Arndale needs a major revamp. Picture this: beautiful Restaurants and Eateries, no more dingy look, 2 story above Big W. Less car parking out near Coles and the strip of Cafe's near where the new mall is, infavour of more upstairs car parking. A Foodland could go in. A proper food court could go in with fast food, for example, asian, mexican, sandwiches, hot chip, yiros etc. in a fresh food area centred around Foodland and a food court.

Eurostar
Legendary Member!

#352 Post by Eurostar » Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:09 am

DcD2510 wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:09 pm
Armada Arndale needs a major revamp. Picture this: beautiful Restaurants and Eateries, no more dingy look, 2 story above Big W. Less car parking out near Coles and the strip of Cafe's near where the new mall is, infavour of more upstairs car parking. A Foodland could go in. A proper food court could go in with fast food, for example, asian, mexican, sandwiches, hot chip, yiros etc. in a fresh food area centred around Foodland and a food court.
A new food court could be a chance to introduce other countries cuisines I.e Russian, French, etc

A store like TK Maxx or Savers would work well here

pushbutton
Legendary Member!

#353 Post by pushbutton » Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:51 pm

The centre has just completed its first major revamp in at least 20 years! It hardly seems likely there's about to be another anytime soon.

It's not needed either due to the proximity of Westfield West Lakes.

Patrick_27

#354 Post by Patrick_27 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:43 pm

pushbutton wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:51 pm
The centre has just completed its first major revamp in at least 20 years! It hardly seems likely there's about to be another anytime soon.

Agreed. The only attention this centre might receive in the near future is closure and demolition.

SBD

#355 Post by SBD » Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:37 pm

Patrick_27 wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:43 pm
pushbutton wrote:

Agreed. The only attention this centre might receive in the near future is closure and demolition.
As mentioned many times previously, Armada and Westfield are competing companies. Your comments are effectively the same as telling your local Woolworths to close as there is a Coles in the next suburb.

ChillyPhilly

#356 Post by ChillyPhilly » Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:23 pm

One thing I've always wanted to see with Arndale is a connection of shopping centre with the cinema - bridge that gap.

But yes, a proper food court would do well.
Our state, our city, our future.

All views expressed on this forum are my own.

how good is he
Legendary Member!

#357 Post by how good is he » Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:56 pm

I agree ChillyPhilly but I have heard rumours in the past Coles have to agree to it but have always said no.

DcD2510
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#358 Post by DcD2510 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:58 pm

I would actually like to see a gutting or redevelopment of the Coles. I would connect the centre with the Cinema. I would like to see investment in a centre that has been neglected for 20 or more years. The part of the centre near Coles, but also near where you used to be able to enter where there is now seating/pavement where The Reject Shop and Best and Less have roller doors or normal doors and that looks really yuck needs something done about it. I would include a sort of food area, kind of what they are doing now.

duke
High Rise Poster!

#359 Post by duke » Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:50 pm

SBD wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:37 pm
Patrick_27 wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:43 pm
pushbutton wrote:

As mentioned many times previously, Armada and Westfield are competing companies. Your comments are effectively the same as telling your local Woolworths to close as there is a Coles in the next suburb.
I can't name stores, but one of the stores at Arndale is one of the most highly trafficked stores in SA for the particular company.
It surprises me being between two other major shopping centres, but then, people tend to not want to travel far for shopping.
Also, the whole suburb is undergoing redevelopment, new demographic and higher density.

pushbutton
Legendary Member!

#360 Post by pushbutton » Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:27 am

DcD2510 wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:58 pm
I would actually like to see a gutting or redevelopment of the Coles. I would connect the centre with the Cinema. I would like to see investment in a centre that has been neglected for 20 or more years. The part of the centre near Coles, but also near where you used to be able to enter where there is now seating/pavement where The Reject Shop and Best and Less have roller doors or normal doors and that looks really yuck needs something done about it. I would include a sort of food area, kind of what they are doing now.
You obviously haven't been to Arndale for a few years. The part of the centre near Coles is the latest to have been completely refurbished, and looks better than the rest of the centre (which was refurbished a few years previously.