[PRO] 12-22 Richmond Rd Keswick

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in areas other than the CBD and North Adelaide. Includes Port Adelaide and Glenelg.
Nathan
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#1 Post by Nathan » Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:11 pm

Maras Group unveils plans for $30 million building on Richmond Rd
https://www.adelaidenow.com.au/business ... f9c3f7f5a8

A futuristic building is set to revitalise one of Adelaide’s busiest arterial roads as part of a $30 million plan unveiled by a prominent local property developer.

Maras Group has revealed to The Advertiser details of its latest project at the city end of Richmond Rd — a landmark building inspired by the developer’s recently completed cinema complex at Prospect.

Located adjacent to the SA Power Networks office tower, the building will include ground floor commercial and retail space, and three upper levels of office space enclosed by a sweeping glass facade.

Maras Group managing director Steve Maras said the building’s design was inspired by the Palace Nova complex at Prospect, which his company completed in late 2017.

“People love buildings with curvature but unfortunately they’re rare in Adelaide and are often cost prohibitive,” he said.

“We were overwhelmed with the public feedback when we built the Palace Nova cinema at Prospect, because the building wasn’t a straight-edge, traditional type building.

“We are looking at different design elements that aren’t the norm in Adelaide, but of course the design has to fit the environment as well.”

Maras Group is in talks with several potential tenants, including in the defence, medical and health sectors, to fill the building which accommodates 2300 sqm of space across each level.

The developer plans to submit the project for planning approval later this month.

“The building will feature some of the largest floor-plates seen in the Adelaide marketplace, full-height glass providing rich natural light all around, great views and a focus on providing the building’s occupants with a place they will enjoy coming to each and every day,” Mr Maras said.

“It will feature the very best and latest in end-of-trip facilities, especially for those seeking to cycle into work, including bike racks, a pumping station, change rooms, lockers, showers and toilets. It’s all about wellness and workplace best practice.

“We see Richmond Rd becoming one of Adelaide’s next major commercial hubs, particularly from Anzac Highway to South Rd, given block sizes can accommodate future developments of scale, as well as the rail, bus and transport links.”

Adelaide architecture firm tectvs has designed the building after working alongside Maras to deliver its Prospect cinema project.

Tectvs principal Antonio Giannone said the building’s facade would become an instantly recognisable landmark in the area.

“Much commentary has been placed on the distinctive facade envelope of the design — the key lies in its simplicity, the old design adage of less is more,” he said.

“The gently sweeping curved glass facade seamlessly and elegantly enhances the dramatic perspective of the building, providing a strong presence and identity in its streetscape.”

Mr Giannone said the building would “redefine” design expectations in Adelaide, and provide amenities that would “blur the boundaries between work, live and play”.

“A holistic approach and design advocacy that supports health and wellbeing is at the forefront of our design principles for this project,” he said.

The development will include approximately 190 carparks across ground and basement levels.

Maras expects construction to begin early next year, and take approximately 15 months to complete.

SRW
Donating Member
Donating Member

[PRO] Re: 12-22 Richmond Rd Keswick

#2 Post by SRW » Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:34 pm

I don't really get the market for city fringe offices given our square mile is so large, but this looks good and improves Richmod Road markedly. I wonder what's happening with Maras's apartment on Hutt Street?
Keep Adelaide Weird

gnrc_louis
Legendary Member!

#3 Post by gnrc_louis » Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:34 pm

SRW wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:34 pm
I don't really get the market for city fringe offices given our square mile is so large, but this looks good and improves Richmod Road markedly. I wonder what's happening with Maras's apartment on Hutt Street?
He's probably wealthy enough to do both at the same time you'd imagine?

Vasco
High Rise Poster!

#4 Post by Vasco » Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:54 pm

Looks good!

Forgive me if I’m wrong but as far as I recall, the Apartment Project is being done by Theo Maras as his final project, whilst any further Maras Group projects are the work of his son Steve.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SRW
Donating Member
Donating Member

#5 Post by SRW » Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:58 pm

gnrc_louis wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:34 pm
SRW wrote:
I didn’t mean to suggest he couldn’t, only that we haven’t heard anything about it since early last year.
Keep Adelaide Weird

gnrc_louis
Legendary Member!

#6 Post by gnrc_louis » Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:00 pm

SRW wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:58 pm
gnrc_louis wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:34 pm
SRW wrote:
I didn’t mean to suggest he couldn’t, only that we haven’t heard anything about it since early last year.
Hopefully there's some news on it soon - it's a good project imo