[COM] Renaissance Arcade | 132m | 40 Levels | Realm Apartments

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in the Adelaide and North Adelaide areas.
LMB
Sen-Rookie-Sational

[COM] Re: Renaissance Arcade | 132m | 40 Levels | Realm Apartments

#856 Post by LMB » Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:20 am

It's an interesting claim for compensation, I agree that it would be very difficult to quantify.

Someone commented on the online article that the old Royal Adelaide Hospital closed at roughly the same time Realm construction started.

They asked the question - would the business have struggled anyway with the relocation of the RAH? A lot of retail and hospitality businesses in the East End have noticed a drop in trade since the RAH moved, perhaps an assumption is being made that the Realm construction is responsible, but there may be other contributing factors.

citywatcher
Legendary Member!

#857 Post by citywatcher » Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:15 pm

Point taken but you have to be careful when assessing social media complaints and I'm pretty sure they wouldn't carry much weight in a court case

Sent from my SM-J730G using Tapatalk

Pikey
VIP Member
VIP Member

#858 Post by Pikey » Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:14 pm

Irrespective of external influences, construction etc, what they can control - the fit, finish, quality of accomodation and experience is what generates reviews. If they can't create an expected level of experience based on the price they are charging people will talk. Third party endorsement is the new standard of purchase confirmation now, be it cars, appliances or holiday accomodation. If they go a way to fixing the offering and the experience, they'll have a chance to influence their audience.

Not that I've stayed in the hotel, but from what I've seen from the outside, a refresh would be handy.
Walking on over....

| Sensational-Adelaide.com Moderator |

Algernon
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#859 Post by Algernon » Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:43 pm

Everyone has their own personal rules for interpreting online reviews and scores. Some ignore 0 and 5 stars and go for the median, for instance.

Personally? I don't trust positive reviews due to astroturfing. I don't trust all negative reviews because I have had experience in customer service in the travel industry, and frankly a lot of 0 star reviews are an act of vengeance and often a total bullshit.

The reviews I place my most trust in now are those that are both 1) negative and 2) funny. My rationale is that if someone has the good humour to laugh about what a shit experience it was, they are at least rational in their judgement. Further, an astroturfer can't be funny - not even Seinfeld could be funny 1,000 comments per day.

I also place no trust in new/single use accounts posting a positive review - for obvious reasons. On the flip side, I do trust new/single use accounts posting a negative review. This is because sometimes somebody who never would write a review can be convinced to do so if they had such a suitably shit experience it warranted the effort of signing up, posting, then getting on with life after. I certainly have done that, for example a hotel in Belfast last summer. Wanted to neck the manager there - he actually told me that, yes, they will charge me for tea but not the Asian customers because they're accustomed to not paying for it, and yes, I will be served my food last because they're not accustomed to waiting as long as my type. Fair fuckin dinkum

whatstheirname
High Rise Poster!

#860 Post by whatstheirname » Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:27 pm

Sorry for lack of updates, but not much appears to be happening (have some guys in a cherry picker behind the crane - no idea what they were doing):
Construction69.jpg

whatstheirname
High Rise Poster!

#861 Post by whatstheirname » Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:29 pm

Seem to be a LOT of supports between the floors for some reason?
Construction68.jpg

whatstheirname
High Rise Poster!

#862 Post by whatstheirname » Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:30 pm

This is as far up as I can see:
Construction70.jpg

EBG

#863 Post by EBG » Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:56 pm

Once concrete floors have been poured the concrete gradually gains strength. There are 2 main periods at the strength can be determined namely at 7 days and at 28 days. However if the builders do not need access to the floors or the ceilings, it is beneficial for the props to remain in place. As these are post tensioned floors the time for gaining strength should begin from the time of posttensioning not the time of pouring. Also as these floors contain sloping ramps leaving the props in place for longer is also beneficial. Thirdly this is the change over point from the parking levels to the apartment levels so all these factors may lead to being conservative in leaving the props in place for as long as possible.

timtam20292
Legendary Member!

#864 Post by timtam20292 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:07 am

Level 8’s pour began yesterday.

Pikey
VIP Member
VIP Member

#865 Post by Pikey » Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:26 pm

Presumably there's been another core rise here, I can just see the top of the form work from my office on Fullarton Road now.
Walking on over....

| Sensational-Adelaide.com Moderator |

EBG

#866 Post by EBG » Thu Feb 21, 2019 4:49 pm

whatstheirname is there any chance you could move up in the world (to a higher floor). Is the a rooftop BBQ area in your building or a toilet with a view on a higher level?
You will still be able to report on windows and cladding progress. Keep up the good work.

whatstheirname
High Rise Poster!

#867 Post by whatstheirname » Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:01 am

Hey EBG,
I wish there was a roof top BBQ area, and unfortunately we only take up one level and the other levels are open plan and fob locked, so even if I could sneak in I would be in an open office (toilets are in the core as well!).
I may be able to get a new shot, I will find a time to go for an adventure, thanks for the praise, just helping out with what I can see.

whatstheirname
High Rise Poster!

#868 Post by whatstheirname » Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:05 am

So I took this photo the other day, I posted once on the importance of having the windows put in on the top of the heritage building, well they are that important they need to be cleaned :D
Construction71.jpg

whatstheirname
High Rise Poster!

#869 Post by whatstheirname » Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:14 am

In other news (slightly off topic) someone ages ago asked about the ground floor of our office (security house)? a cafe will be opening in the next couple of weeks

jackfire
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#870 Post by jackfire » Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:32 am

EA05EF5B-EB8A-47FF-A22A-DD22525DA610.jpeg
Peeking through.