[COM] Goodwood/Springbank/Daws Road Intersection Upgrade

Threads relating to transport, water, etc. within the CBD and Metropolitan area.
Waewick
Super Size Scraper Poster!

[COM] Re: [PRO] Re: [PRO] Re: Goodwood/Springbank/Daws Road Intersection

#16 Post by Waewick » Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:48 pm

ChillyPhilly wrote:
Waewick wrote:
Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:26 pm
kymbosa wrote:That is so wrong. It was allocated and Lucas took it out of the budget. She needs to ask her own side what happened to the money. Where did it go? A hotel maybe? ImageImage
Was it though?
Interesting question and I've found an interesting answer.

It was certainly included in the Overview of the 2017-18 Budget (page 12): http://servicesa.cdn.on.net/budget20171 ... erview.pdf

However, it did not appear in the Budget Measures Statement: http://servicesa.cdn.on.net/budget20171 ... tement.pdf
I'm not surprised. One thing both our state parties seem to be good are is sort of promising things, but not really.

SBD

#17 Post by SBD » Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:52 am

Waewick wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:48 pm
ChillyPhilly wrote:
Waewick wrote:
Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:26 pm
Was it though?
Interesting question and I've found an interesting answer.

It was certainly included in the Overview of the 2017-18 Budget (page 12): http://servicesa.cdn.on.net/budget20171 ... erview.pdf

However, it did not appear in the Budget Measures Statement: http://servicesa.cdn.on.net/budget20171 ... tement.pdf
I'm not surprised. One thing both our state parties seem to be good are is sort of promising things, but not really.
It is the second of three things in that column of the overview, coloured orange. The first and third are greens blue and have dollar amounts, that one doesn’t.

kymbosa
High Rise Poster!

[COM] Re: Goodwood/Springbank/Daws Road Intersection

#18 Post by kymbosa » Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:30 pm

Noticed this morning newly painted dots on the north bound lanes south of Daws Road.

From the painting of these lines, they are creating the three lanes from the big Crow shops down to the intersection.

Aidan

#19 Post by Aidan » Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:31 pm

Are they extending the bus lane?
Just build it wrote:Bye Union Hall. I'll see you in another life, when we are both cats.

kymbosa
High Rise Poster!

#20 Post by kymbosa » Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:36 pm

Aidan wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:31 pm
Are they extending the bus lane?
God I hope not. It was my fear when I saw it this morning.

PD2/20
High Rise Poster!

#21 Post by PD2/20 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:59 pm

kymbosa wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:30 pm
Noticed this morning newly painted dots on the north bound lanes south of Daws Road.

From the painting of these lines, they are creating the three lanes from the big Crow shops down to the intersection.
Are they lane markings? The last section from Jamestown Ave to Daws Rd is already three lanes. The rest from Pasadena shops past Centennial Park is only two lanes so no chance of an additional lane without road widening.

kymbosa
High Rise Poster!

#22 Post by kymbosa » Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:42 pm

PD2/20 wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:59 pm
kymbosa wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:30 pm

Are they lane markings? The last section from Jamestown Ave to Daws Rd is already three lanes. The rest from Pasadena shops past Centennial Park is only two lanes so no chance of an additional lane without road widening.
It’s from the Grandview Drive intersection. It’s actually wide enough to have three lanes from that part towards Daws Road. When I first saw the markings today, my first thought was the same, but the road is the same width from the top to the bottom.

Aidan

#23 Post by Aidan » Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:21 pm

kymbosa wrote:It was my fear when I saw it this morning.
Why do you find a bus lane scary?
Just build it wrote:Bye Union Hall. I'll see you in another life, when we are both cats.

kymbosa
High Rise Poster!

#24 Post by kymbosa » Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:16 pm

Aidan wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:21 pm
kymbosa wrote:It was my fear when I saw it this morning.
Why do you find a bus lane scary?
I don’t find them scary. The fear is that if it’s a bus lane from the top to the bottom than, at the lights where it’s three lanes for all traffic would become two and a bottle neck in peek times.

kymbosa
High Rise Poster!

#25 Post by kymbosa » Sat Feb 02, 2019 10:25 am

Works on making both North AND south lanes 3 lanes each starts Monday 4th Jan

SRW
Donating Member
Donating Member

#26 Post by SRW » Sat Mar 09, 2019 4:28 pm

Federal Labor has promised $20 million to upgrade this intersection if elected.
Keep Adelaide Weird

Waewick

[COM] [PRO] Re: [PRO] Re: Goodwood/Springbank/Daws Road Intersection

#27 Post by Waewick » Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:40 pm

SRW wrote:Federal Labor has promised $20 million to upgrade this intersection if elected.
Happy with that.

Marshall needs to be far more vocal in support of these projects though. He is going to be working with Shorten for 4 years. Time to start buttering him up.

I'm another note, shouldn't this be done before major works on the rest of South Rd?

Goodwood is going to pick up the slack from South Rd. So having this done in preparation seems like a no brainer.

SBD

[COM] Re: [PRO] Re: Goodwood/Springbank/Daws Road Intersection

#28 Post by SBD » Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:19 pm

Waewick wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:40 pm
SRW wrote:Federal Labor has promised $20 million to upgrade this intersection if elected.
Happy with that.

Marshall needs to be far more vocal in support of these projects though. He is going to be working with Shorten for 4 years. Time to start buttering him up.
It probably belongs in a different forum to discuss what makes you think that Shorten is going to lead Labor to two election victories. The stability will be a change. The last PM to win more than one election was John Howard. The last Labor PM to win more than one election was Bob Hawke.

Waewick

#29 Post by Waewick » Sat Mar 09, 2019 7:12 pm

SBD wrote:
Waewick wrote:
Happy with that.

It probably belongs in a different forum to discuss what makes you think that Shorten is going to lead Labor to two election victories. The stability will be a change. The last PM to win more than one election was John Howard. The last Labor PM to win more than one election was Bob Hawke.
Sorry, 3 years in actual power. But 4 over a 4 yr period 2019,2020,2021 and election 2022.

SRW
Donating Member
Donating Member

#30 Post by SRW » Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:29 pm

Waewick wrote:
I'm another note, shouldn't this be done before major works on the rest of South Rd?

Goodwood is going to pick up the slack from South Rd. So having this done in preparation seems like a no brainer.
I also feel there'll need to be a tram overpass on Marion Road for this reason.
Keep Adelaide Weird