U/C: Australia 108 | 319m | 100lvls | Melbourne

Discussion on developments interstate and overseas.
Message
Author
User avatar
shiftaling
High Rise Poster!
Posts: 181
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2008 12:49 am
Location: Norwood
Has thanked: 55 times
Been thanked: 39 times

Re: U/C: Australia 108 | 319m | 100lvls | Melbourne

#61 Post by shiftaling » Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:45 am

As at October 19 2018
Attachments
IMAG0587.png
IMAG0587.png (961.41 KiB) Viewed 2189 times

User avatar
timtam20292
Legendary Member!
Posts: 1058
Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:03 pm
Has thanked: 850 times
Been thanked: 145 times

Re: U/C: Australia 108 | 319m | 100lvls | Melbourne

#62 Post by timtam20292 » Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:05 am

Photo updates as of February 25, 2019.

First photo.
update 4.jpg

Second photo.
update 5.jpg

Third photo.
update 6.jpg

User avatar
timtam20292
Legendary Member!
Posts: 1058
Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:03 pm
Has thanked: 850 times
Been thanked: 145 times

Re: U/C: Australia 108 | 319m | 100lvls | Melbourne

#63 Post by timtam20292 » Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:10 am

Fourth photo, taken from Eureka Skydeck 88.

update 7.jpg

Aikhme
Sen-Rookie-Sational
Posts: 27
Joined: Sat Mar 29, 2014 1:57 pm
Has thanked: 1 time

Re: U/C: Australia 108 | 319m | 100lvls | Melbourne

#64 Post by Aikhme » Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:28 am

Why can't we have something like that in Adelaide?

User avatar
timtam20292
Legendary Member!
Posts: 1058
Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:03 pm
Has thanked: 850 times
Been thanked: 145 times

Re: U/C: Australia 108 | 319m | 100lvls | Melbourne

#65 Post by timtam20292 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 5:14 pm

Work on the "Star" feature has started.

User avatar
ynotsfables
High Rise Poster!
Posts: 278
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2007 11:15 am
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 5 times

Re: U/C: Australia 108 | 319m | 100lvls | Melbourne

#66 Post by ynotsfables » Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:13 pm

Aikhme wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:28 am
Why can't we have something like that in Adelaide?
Give it time Adelaide too will be heading towards becoming a world class city one day.

Nort
Legendary Member!
Posts: 1045
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:08 pm
Has thanked: 202 times
Been thanked: 125 times

Re: U/C: Australia 108 | 319m | 100lvls | Melbourne

#67 Post by Nort » Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:58 am

ynotsfables wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:13 pm
Aikhme wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:28 am
Why can't we have something like that in Adelaide?
Give it time Adelaide too will be heading towards becoming a world class city one day.
I very much doubt Adelaide will ever have a skyline like Melbourne, and that's okay.

User avatar
ynotsfables
High Rise Poster!
Posts: 278
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2007 11:15 am
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 5 times

Re: U/C: Australia 108 | 319m | 100lvls | Melbourne

#68 Post by ynotsfables » Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:15 am

Nort wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:58 am
ynotsfables wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:13 pm
Aikhme wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:28 am
Why can't we have something like that in Adelaide?
Give it time Adelaide too will be heading towards becoming a world class city one day.
I very much doubt Adelaide will ever have a skyline like Melbourne, and that's okay.
It doesn't have too, but it can be unique and world class in its own right.

User avatar
[Shuz]
Super Size Scraper Poster!
Posts: 2566
Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:26 pm
Has thanked: 935 times
Been thanked: 256 times

Re: U/C: Australia 108 | 319m | 100lvls | Melbourne

#69 Post by [Shuz] » Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:42 am

It's rather world-class just how delusional you are thinking that Adelaide is a world-class city with world-class skyline.

We're a B-grade city, at best.
Any views and opinions expressed are of my own, and do not reflect the views or opinions of any organisation of which I have an affiliation with.

SBD
Legendary Member!
Posts: 988
Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:49 pm
Location: Blakeview
Has thanked: 305 times
Been thanked: 76 times

Re: U/C: Australia 108 | 319m | 100lvls | Melbourne

#70 Post by SBD » Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:19 am

[Shuz] wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:42 am
It's rather world-class just how delusional you are thinking that Adelaide is a world-class city with world-class skyline.

We're a B-grade city, at best.
What makes a world-class city in your eyes?

One of the definition/descriptions I found doesn't do too badly in Adelaide:
churches; a body of water, river or bay; architecture; museums, a "world-class" art museum; parks or piazzas; shopping; pedestrian walks; restaurants and cafés; a zoo, for the animal world. And most of all, beauty at night, when everything useful is closed, something above utility that unites all these separate features.
Is there a clear definition?

Goodsy
Legendary Member!
Posts: 906
Joined: Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:39 am
Has thanked: 11 times
Been thanked: 133 times

Re: U/C: Australia 108 | 319m | 100lvls | Melbourne

#71 Post by Goodsy » Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:46 am

SBD wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:19 am
[Shuz] wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:42 am
It's rather world-class just how delusional you are thinking that Adelaide is a world-class city with world-class skyline.

We're a B-grade city, at best.
What makes a world-class city in your eyes?

One of the definition/descriptions I found doesn't do too badly in Adelaide:
churches; a body of water, river or bay; architecture; museums, a "world-class" art museum; parks or piazzas; shopping; pedestrian walks; restaurants and cafés; a zoo, for the animal world. And most of all, beauty at night, when everything useful is closed, something above utility that unites all these separate features.
Is there a clear definition?
According to the Globalization and World Cities Research Network, Adelaide is Ranked as a Gamma+ city

their rankings are

Alpha ++ cities are cities most integrated with the global economy:

Alpha cities are highly integrated cities, filling advanced service needs: Alpha +, Alpha and Alpha -
Beta level cities are cities that link moderate economic regions to the world economy and are classified in three sections, Beta +, Beta, and Beta
Gamma level cities are cities that link smaller economic regions into the world economy, and are classified into three sections, Gamma +, Gamma, and Gamma


London and New York are the only Alpha++ cities, Sydney is Alpha+ and Melbourne is Alpha

SBD
Legendary Member!
Posts: 988
Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:49 pm
Location: Blakeview
Has thanked: 305 times
Been thanked: 76 times

Re: U/C: Australia 108 | 319m | 100lvls | Melbourne

#72 Post by SBD » Sat Mar 30, 2019 2:24 pm

Goodsy wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:46 am
SBD wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:19 am
[Shuz] wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:42 am
It's rather world-class just how delusional you are thinking that Adelaide is a world-class city with world-class skyline.

We're a B-grade city, at best.
What makes a world-class city in your eyes?

One of the definition/descriptions I found doesn't do too badly in Adelaide:
churches; a body of water, river or bay; architecture; museums, a "world-class" art museum; parks or piazzas; shopping; pedestrian walks; restaurants and cafés; a zoo, for the animal world. And most of all, beauty at night, when everything useful is closed, something above utility that unites all these separate features.
Is there a clear definition?
According to the Globalization and World Cities Research Network, Adelaide is Ranked as a Gamma+ city

their rankings are

Alpha ++ cities are cities most integrated with the global economy:

Alpha cities are highly integrated cities, filling advanced service needs: Alpha +, Alpha and Alpha -
Beta level cities are cities that link moderate economic regions to the world economy and are classified in three sections, Beta +, Beta, and Beta
Gamma level cities are cities that link smaller economic regions into the world economy, and are classified into three sections, Gamma +, Gamma, and Gamma


London and New York are the only Alpha++ cities, Sydney is Alpha+ and Melbourne is Alpha
Thanks for that. I found the list on WIkipedia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Globaliza ... ch_Network

It seems to suggest that Adelaide is one of the 200 or so "world class cities", but it's fairly well down the list, in the same grade as Detroit, Glasgow, Rotterdam and a bunch of places I have barely heard of.

rev
Super Size Scraper Poster!
Posts: 3786
Joined: Sat Nov 11, 2006 12:14 pm
Has thanked: 223 times
Been thanked: 332 times

Re: U/C: Australia 108 | 319m | 100lvls | Melbourne

#73 Post by rev » Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:00 pm


rev
Super Size Scraper Poster!
Posts: 3786
Joined: Sat Nov 11, 2006 12:14 pm
Has thanked: 223 times
Been thanked: 332 times

Re: U/C: Australia 108 | 319m | 100lvls | Melbourne

#74 Post by rev » Tue May 14, 2019 3:49 pm


nickod
Sen-Rookie-Sational
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:15 pm

Re: U/C: Australia 108 | 319m | 100lvls | Melbourne

#75 Post by nickod » Tue May 14, 2019 3:53 pm

Can not wait to see this big boy finished.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests