[COM] M2 Northern Connector | 15.5km | $867m

Threads relating to transport, water, etc. within the CBD and Metropolitan area.
ChillyPhilly
Super Size Scraper Poster!

[COM] Re: Northern Connector | 14km | $1b

#751 Post by ChillyPhilly » Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:38 pm

Update:

Southern Interchange works stepping up big time over the past week.

Bridge beams have been put in place on the Motorway-to-Salisbury Highway offramp. Concreting is underway on the new bridge deck connecting Motorway to NC.

The future south to westbound loop ramp is underway, with earth being piled along its location.
Our state, our city, our future.

All views expressed on this forum are my own.

SBD

#752 Post by SBD » Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:50 pm

Nobody has posted here yet that the Waterloo Corner Road overpass will open next Tuesday morning, and St Kilda Road will be cut a few days later.

The ramp from the South Road Superway to Salisbury Highway will also be closed overnight twice next week to remove the streetlights and signs.

mawsonguy
High Rise Poster!

#753 Post by mawsonguy » Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:46 pm

I wonder if they will divert trafiic across the waterloo corner interchange and then up the NC northbound carriageway when they do the roadworks to connect the southbound carriageway of NEXY to the NC and\or complete the overpass for northbound traffic on Pt Wakefield Rd.

Goodsy
Legendary Member!

#754 Post by Goodsy » Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:08 pm

mawsonguy wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:46 pm
I wonder if they will divert trafiic across the waterloo corner interchange and then up the NC northbound carriageway when they do the roadworks to connect the southbound carriageway of NEXY to the NC and\or complete the overpass for northbound traffic on Pt Wakefield Rd.

This is happening now, actually southbound has been diverted onto a new lane down the median

SBD

#755 Post by SBD » Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:30 am

mawsonguy wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:46 pm
I wondered something like that too, but it's only viable if the new roundabout to turn right onto NC is big enough for road trains. I don't know if it's been built that big.

mawsonguy
High Rise Poster!

#756 Post by mawsonguy » Sun Mar 24, 2019 6:15 pm

Goodsy wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:08 pm

This is happening now, actually southbound has been diverted onto a new lane down the median
I don't get that. Ryan Rd and Old Port Wakefield Rd are only about 150m apart and well north of the roadworks. What am I missing?

alexczarn
Gold-Member ;)

#757 Post by alexczarn » Sun Mar 24, 2019 6:30 pm

mawsonguy wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 6:15 pm
Goodsy wrote:

I don't get that. Ryan Rd and Old Port Wakefield Rd are only about 150m apart and well north of the roadworks. What am I missing?
You'd hope they meant Mill Rd.

SBD

#758 Post by SBD » Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:01 pm

alexczarn wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 6:30 pm
mawsonguy wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 6:15 pm
Goodsy wrote:

You'd hope they meant Mill Rd.
There's also a Ryans Road (with an 's') intersection in Parafield Gardens opposite Globe Derby Park.

Hopefully when they get round to actually changing traffic conditions, they will announce it with the right road/distance. Fitting four lanes into one carriageway over the bridge seems rather tight if they meant A road on its north and a road on its south.

ChillyPhilly

#759 Post by ChillyPhilly » Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:15 pm

Final bridge spans are now in place for the Motorway-to-Salisbury Highway eastbound offramp.

Jipsonburger
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#760 Post by Jipsonburger » Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:10 pm

Couple of new videos posted today

Northern Connector interchange traffic staging :

https://youtu.be/y_00LpYgFHw

Waterloo corner interchange overpass :

https://youtu.be/jAz_aK6SebI

ChillyPhilly

#761 Post by ChillyPhilly » Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:46 pm

Jipsonburger wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:10 pm
Couple of new videos posted today

Northern Connector interchange traffic staging :

https://youtu.be/y_00LpYgFHw

Waterloo corner interchange overpass :

https://youtu.be/jAz_aK6SebI
Welcome to the forum!

aaronjameslange
Gold-Member ;)

#762 Post by aaronjameslange » Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:28 pm

Portable signage at northern interchange stating the NEXY onramp closed from 7pm-7am 10th-12th april IIRC
Probably switching to new temporary onramp before easter weekend

Also at southern interchange looks like they're gearing up to use the new PREXY Eastbound -Superway Southbound onramp as at temporary Superway- Salisbury Highway offramp
This would then allow northbound superway traffic to use the new PREXY bridge so that the old bridge and abutments can be removed to allow PREXY to be widened.

SBD

#763 Post by SBD » Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:58 pm

aaronjameslange wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:28 pm
Portable signage at northern interchange stating the NEXY onramp closed from 7pm-7am 10th-12th april IIRC

Also at southern interchange looks like they're gearing up to use the new PREXY Eastbound -Superway Southbound onramp as at temporary Superway- Salisbury Highway offramp
This would then allow northbound superway traffic to use the new PREXY bridge so that the old bridge and abutments can be removed to allow PREXY to be widened.
Once the northern interchange is finished, what will be the way to get from Port Wakefield Road northbound onto the Northern Expressway? Is it going to require turning left at Waterloo Corner Road then onto the NC from there, or will there be a final onramp I have missed seeing?

Is there any benefit in doing that intermediate switch at the southern interchange, rather than finish the complete build of the new north->east ramp and switch to that? That bridge over the NC seems to be getting a fair push of effort too.

Goodsy
Legendary Member!

#764 Post by Goodsy » Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:32 am

SBD wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:58 pm
aaronjameslange wrote:

Once the northern interchange is finished, what will be the way to get from Port Wakefield Road northbound onto the Northern Expressway? Is it going to require turning left at Waterloo Corner Road then onto the NC from there, or will there be a final onramp I have missed seeing?

Is there any benefit in doing that intermediate switch at the southern interchange, rather than finish the complete build of the new north->east ramp and switch to that? That bridge over the NC seems to be getting a fair push of effort too.
I dont think there is a northbound onramp to get from PWR to the NEXY. Most the current traffic that turns right from PWR to the NEXY would instead already have gotten onto the NC at Wingfield.

SBD

#765 Post by SBD » Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:45 am

Goodsy wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:32 am
SBD wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:58 pm
aaronjameslange wrote:

I dont think there is a northbound onramp to get from PWR to the NEXY. Most the current traffic that turns right from PWR to the NEXY would instead already have gotten onto the NC at Wingfield.
I was thinking of traffic originating around the Parafield Gardens, Paralowie, Burton area, and also coming from Cavan and Gepps Cross that would not have come through Wingfield, but would be on Port Wakefield Road not Main North Road.