[U/C] Westfield Tea Tree Plaza (Extension)

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in areas other than the CBD and North Adelaide. Includes Port Adelaide and Glenelg.
Message
Author
NTRabbit
High Rise Poster!
Posts: 192
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:00 pm
Has thanked: 184 times
Been thanked: 80 times

[U/C] Re: Westfield Tea Tree Plaza (Extension)

#631 Post by NTRabbit » Tue May 07, 2019 9:49 pm

citywatcher wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 1:00 pm
The whole Modbury Hub area is run down and a lost opportunity and now with these clowns closing the TAFE and the Service SA the future is cloudy
The TAFE is now occupied by Datacom, with near 1000 on site employees, of which I am newly one, so it's not dead yet. Starting to cause issues with the local residents over car parking, apparently, though I use public transport.

The truly sad part is that the TTP food court is too far away to reach during lunch break short of dashing for takeaway sushi, so for the time being I'm stuck with bringing rolls from home.

User avatar
The Scooter Guy
Super Size Scraper Poster!
Posts: 1572
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:45 pm
Location: Anywhere!
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 92 times
Contact:

[U/C] Re: Westfield Tea Tree Plaza (Extension)

#632 Post by The Scooter Guy » Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:51 am

I just came up with an idea of how Tea Tree Plus would be merged to Tea Tree Plaza. The rearmost area (shaded in red) would be demolished (Savers will move and Cotton On will close outright) whilst the rest in the foremost part (Rebel Sport likely to move) will still continue to trade as usual during construction.
Image
Help us Fight Back the Retail Apocalypse.
Support Small Business More, Support Small Business Better.


https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWk8YPx2zHziHgvyPy_9fxQ
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ryanthescooterguy/
http://ryansbedroom.tumblr.com/

User avatar
The Scooter Guy
Super Size Scraper Poster!
Posts: 1572
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:45 pm
Location: Anywhere!
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 92 times
Contact:

[U/C] Re: Westfield Tea Tree Plaza (Extension)

#633 Post by The Scooter Guy » Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:50 pm

Another theory:
Image

It's been two years since Caffe Bongiorno closed down.
And still no activity going on since then.
Help us Fight Back the Retail Apocalypse.
Support Small Business More, Support Small Business Better.


https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWk8YPx2zHziHgvyPy_9fxQ
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ryanthescooterguy/
http://ryansbedroom.tumblr.com/

User avatar
madelaide
Gold-Member ;)
Posts: 58
Joined: Thu Aug 20, 2015 12:13 pm
Has thanked: 97 times
Been thanked: 58 times

[U/C] Re: Westfield Tea Tree Plaza (Extension)

#634 Post by madelaide » Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:50 pm

Further to all this, why are O-Bahn passengers crossing a busy bus lane, a garden bed, service delivery bays and a carpark to reach the back of a major shopping centre?

Time for the TTP bus terminal to be integrated into the retail and entertainment district. It's embarrassingly third rate as it is.
Attachments
ttp extra.jpg

User avatar
The Scooter Guy
Super Size Scraper Poster!
Posts: 1572
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:45 pm
Location: Anywhere!
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 92 times
Contact:

[U/C] Re: Westfield Tea Tree Plaza (Extension)

#635 Post by The Scooter Guy » Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:46 pm

madelaide wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:50 pm
Further to all this, why are O-Bahn passengers crossing a busy bus lane, a garden bed, service delivery bays and a carpark to reach the back of a major shopping centre?

Time for the TTP bus terminal to be integrated into the retail and entertainment district. It's embarrassingly third rate as it is.
Grand idea.

Perhaps a monorail that can travel around the perimeter of the building should be ideal too.
Help us Fight Back the Retail Apocalypse.
Support Small Business More, Support Small Business Better.


https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWk8YPx2zHziHgvyPy_9fxQ
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ryanthescooterguy/
http://ryansbedroom.tumblr.com/

User avatar
duke
High Rise Poster!
Posts: 399
Joined: Wed Aug 02, 2006 7:15 pm
Been thanked: 11 times

[U/C] Re: Westfield Tea Tree Plaza (Extension)

#636 Post by duke » Mon Apr 06, 2020 2:20 pm

Given the state of retail, one would assume the extension is off again. :wallbash:

Patrick_27
Super Size Scraper Poster!
Posts: 1979
Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:41 pm
Location: Adelaide CBD, SA
Been thanked: 270 times

[U/C] Re: Westfield Tea Tree Plaza (Extension)

#637 Post by Patrick_27 » Mon Apr 06, 2020 3:18 pm

duke wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 2:20 pm
Given the state of retail, one would assume the extension is off again. :wallbash:
You reactivated this thread for that?

User avatar
The Scooter Guy
Super Size Scraper Poster!
Posts: 1572
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:45 pm
Location: Anywhere!
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 92 times
Contact:

[U/C] Re: Westfield Tea Tree Plaza (Extension)

#638 Post by The Scooter Guy » Mon Apr 06, 2020 4:27 pm

duke wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 2:20 pm
Given the state of retail, one would assume the extension is off again. :wallbash:
COVID-19 is making matters even worse.
Help us Fight Back the Retail Apocalypse.
Support Small Business More, Support Small Business Better.


https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWk8YPx2zHziHgvyPy_9fxQ
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ryanthescooterguy/
http://ryansbedroom.tumblr.com/

User avatar
The Scooter Guy
Super Size Scraper Poster!
Posts: 1572
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:45 pm
Location: Anywhere!
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 92 times
Contact:

[U/C] Re: Westfield Tea Tree Plaza (Extension)

#639 Post by The Scooter Guy » Sat May 30, 2020 8:48 pm

Someone on Flickr told me that both Woolies & Big W are finally being upgraded! :applause: :applause: :applause:
Help us Fight Back the Retail Apocalypse.
Support Small Business More, Support Small Business Better.


https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWk8YPx2zHziHgvyPy_9fxQ
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ryanthescooterguy/
http://ryansbedroom.tumblr.com/

Brucetiki
Legendary Member!
Posts: 839
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:20 pm
Has thanked: 566 times
Been thanked: 72 times

[U/C] Re: Westfield Tea Tree Plaza (Extension)

#640 Post by Brucetiki » Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:06 pm

Looks like Schnitz won't be back for some time. Their Facebook page has advised they'll be closed for the foreseeable future.

I find that odd given their product was easily available as take away.

Eurostar
Legendary Member!
Posts: 687
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:44 pm
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 66 times

[U/C] Re: Westfield Tea Tree Plaza (Extension)

#641 Post by Eurostar » Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:37 pm

Brucetiki wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:06 pm
Looks like Schnitz won't be back for some time. Their Facebook page has advised they'll be closed for the foreseeable future.

I find that odd given their product was easily available as take away.
I imagine many cafes and restaurants in the new bit will close up without cinema action and dine in option for many recent months

Modbury_Man
Sen-Rookie-Sational
Posts: 33
Joined: Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:55 pm
Been thanked: 5 times

[U/C] Re: Westfield Tea Tree Plaza (Extension)

#642 Post by Modbury_Man » Fri Jun 12, 2020 4:47 pm

Eurostar wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:37 pm
Brucetiki wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:06 pm
Looks like Schnitz won't be back for some time. Their Facebook page has advised they'll be closed for the foreseeable future.

I find that odd given their product was easily available as take away.
I imagine many cafes and restaurants in the new bit will close up without cinema action and dine in option for many recent months
Interestingly many of the restaurants and cafes have been quite busy. Caffe Primo has divided their store into 3 sections and it's often full and Grill'd and St Louis as well as the Asian restaurants and TGIs all still seem to be doing OK. Not sure when the Bavarian will reopen though and Zitto is only doing daytime trade. Also it looks like Hoyts have still had their candy bar open for UberEats orders based on Facebook adverts.

Brucetiki
Legendary Member!
Posts: 839
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:20 pm
Has thanked: 566 times
Been thanked: 72 times

[U/C] Re: Westfield Tea Tree Plaza (Extension)

#643 Post by Brucetiki » Sat Jun 13, 2020 8:56 am

Modbury_Man wrote:
Fri Jun 12, 2020 4:47 pm
Eurostar wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:37 pm
Brucetiki wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:06 pm
Looks like Schnitz won't be back for some time. Their Facebook page has advised they'll be closed for the foreseeable future.

I find that odd given their product was easily available as take away.
I imagine many cafes and restaurants in the new bit will close up without cinema action and dine in option for many recent months
Interestingly many of the restaurants and cafes have been quite busy. Caffe Primo has divided their store into 3 sections and it's often full and Grill'd and St Louis as well as the Asian restaurants and TGIs all still seem to be doing OK. Not sure when the Bavarian will reopen though and Zitto is only doing daytime trade. Also it looks like Hoyts have still had their candy bar open for UberEats orders based on Facebook adverts.
Schnitz and the Bavarian are the only two still closed. I’m surprised Schnitz closed in the first place given how easy they could convert to a take away operation, and they were on Uber Eats.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests