[U/C] M2 North-South Motorway

Threads relating to transport, water, etc. within the CBD and Metropolitan area.
Bob
High Rise Poster!

[U/C] Re: North-South Motorway

#4036 Post by Bob » Mon Sep 02, 2019 12:13 pm

The latest SA Freight Council newsletter makes reference to the SE FW to NS MW proposed road link again.

'The response to SAFC’s latest multimodal freight infrastructure blueprint, Moving Freight 2019, has been phenomenal. Media interest has been exceptional and we have been doing interviews ever since across metro and regional print and radio – both industry and mainstream press.

While the South East Link concept wasn’t the focus of the document, it certainly captured a lot of metro media interest – including making page 1 of the Advertiser. An accompanying poll on the Advertiser’s web article with almost 900 responses found that 75% of the public supported the concept, a solid and representative sample and an encouraging sign.

More importantly, other key submissions into the 20 Year State Infrastructure Strategy have overwhelmingly supported our call for the connection between the SE Freeway and the North South Corridor to be addressed.'

SAFC newsletter link here:

http://www.safreightcouncil.com.au/news ... php?id=173

andynguyen
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#4037 Post by andynguyen » Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:01 pm

Bob wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 12:13 pm
The latest SA Freight Council newsletter makes reference to the SE FW to NS MW proposed road link again.

'The response to SAFC’s latest multimodal freight infrastructure blueprint, Moving Freight 2019, has been phenomenal. Media interest has been exceptional and we have been doing interviews ever since across metro and regional print and radio – both industry and mainstream press.

While the South East Link concept wasn’t the focus of the document, it certainly captured a lot of metro media interest – including making page 1 of the Advertiser. An accompanying poll on the Advertiser’s web article with almost 900 responses found that 75% of the public supported the concept, a solid and representative sample and an encouraging sign.

More importantly, other key submissions into the 20 Year State Infrastructure Strategy have overwhelmingly supported our call for the connection between the SE Freeway and the North South Corridor to be addressed.'

SAFC newsletter link here:

http://www.safreightcouncil.com.au/news ... php?id=173
I strongly agree about the need to provide a connection between SE freeway and North South Corridor! Maybe the new connection can start between Stirling and Bridgewater on the SE Freeway end, then travel through two new tunnels (with a 2km surface level alignment at Brown Hill Creek in between) to Edwardstown on the North South Corridor end.

how good is he
Legendary Member!

#4038 Post by how good is he » Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:21 pm

Only one building is left to demo (cnr South/Regency Rd.) Heard a Govt deal is close on the Croydon Kings new home ground. I wonder where all the site offices etc will be set up, maybe around & using the existing clubrooms?

ChillyPhilly
Super Size Scraper Poster!

[U/C] Re: [U/C] Re: North-South Motorway

#4039 Post by ChillyPhilly » Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:40 pm

how good is he wrote:Only one building is left to demo (cnr South/Regency Rd.) Heard a Govt deal is close on the Croydon Kings new home ground. I wonder where all the site offices etc will be set up, maybe around & using the existing clubrooms?
It seems that Croydon are indeed ditching Polonia Reserve, so that would make sense.
Our state, our city, our future.

All views expressed on this forum are my own.

rev
SA MVP (Most Valued Poster 4000+)

#4040 Post by rev » Sun Sep 08, 2019 3:52 pm

how good is he wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:21 pm
Only one building is left to demo (cnr South/Regency Rd.) Heard a Govt deal is close on the Croydon Kings new home ground. I wonder where all the site offices etc will be set up, maybe around & using the existing clubrooms?
They could use the yard on the corner of South Road/Grand Junction where they made sections of the superway.
Maybe they'll use that to make sections of the bridge to go over Regency Road.
Cant' see where they are going to fit site offices at Polonia when half of it will be part of the motorway.

Honey of a City
High Rise Poster!

#4041 Post by Honey of a City » Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:20 pm

Some work being done today on the art installations on the corner of South Rd/Torrens Rd. Added more crooked poles and some screening. Hard to imagine the desired final effect at this point but may look good at night if the lighting is done well.

how good is he
Legendary Member!

#4042 Post by how good is he » Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:05 pm

I know it’s unlikely but could these poles be acting/being used as a barrier to stop any cars flipping (say after an accident at the intersection) and falling onto the expressway below?

Bacon
High Rise Poster!

#4043 Post by Bacon » Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:29 pm

rev wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 3:52 pm
how good is he wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:21 pm
They could use the yard on the corner of South Road/Grand Junction where they made sections of the superway.
Maybe they'll use that to make sections of the bridge to go over Regency Road.
Cant' see where they are going to fit site offices at Polonia when half of it will be part of the motorway.
The site offices will be off Hudson Ave

ChillyPhilly

#4044 Post by ChillyPhilly » Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:06 pm

Honey of a City wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:20 pm
Some work being done today on the art installations on the corner of South Rd/Torrens Rd. Added more crooked poles and some screening. Hard to imagine the desired final effect at this point but may look good at night if the lighting is done well.
Unless it's reinforcement work - I forgot to mention that a couple weeks ago, one of the 'art' poles on the south side of South/Port Roads was flapping pretty wildly in the wind.
Our state, our city, our future.

All views expressed on this forum are my own.

Mpol03
Legendary Member!

#4045 Post by Mpol03 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:41 pm

I must say, being down in ADL this past weekend, I'v very dissapointed by the landscaping of this. Looks so tacky, half arsed and very much up to par wit hthe 'Adelaide' standard. Dissapointing.

Honey of a City
High Rise Poster!

#4046 Post by Honey of a City » Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:54 pm

Mpol03 wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:41 pm
I must say, being down in ADL this past weekend, I'v very dissapointed by the landscaping of this. Looks so tacky, half arsed and very much up to par wit hthe 'Adelaide' standard. Dissapointing.
Was thinking this yesterday when passing through. Why plant a bank of deciduous trees in front of a dull grey concrete wall? Looking grim and a bit iron curtain-ish at the Port/South Rd intersection right now. Hoping they’ll add some more interesting ground cover than the swathes of tussock grass too - it’s high maintenance and gets shoddy quickly if not looked after - some of the tram line plantings attest to that. Hoping the whole thing is still a work in progress and a lot more to be done.

Norman
Donating Member
Donating Member

#4047 Post by Norman » Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:19 am

You do have to wonder who is running the maintinance area at the department... Or who has input into the approval of trees and plantings across major infrastructure projects.

ghs

#4048 Post by ghs » Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:46 am

Norman wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:19 am
You do have to wonder who is running the maintinance department at DPTI... Or who has input into the approval of trees and plantings across major infrastructure projects.
With NRAH, I was surprised that they put so many plants into the garden beds. They put in three times as many plants than
what was needed which is only going to make it more difficult to maintain. DPTI are hopeless.

croweater888
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#4049 Post by croweater888 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:59 pm

State Government considers extra payments for ‘emotional dislocation’ for demolishing houses in North-South Corridor
The state’s biggest road infrastructure project is likely to affect hundreds of homeowners in its path. A State Government plan seeks to avoid a Castle-style showdown.

Extra compensation would be paid to residents whose homes are bulldozed for the North-South Corridor, under a plan being considered by the State Government.

The move could help avoid a Castle-style showdown, with hundreds of homeowners expected to be affected by the state’s largest road infrastructure project.

But it could also add millions of dollars to payouts the State Government will make to displaced homeowners.

The payments would be in recognition of what is described in the industry as “emotional dislocation” and in addition to the market-value payments homeowners are paid for their properties.

Infrastructure Minister Stephan Knoll has confirmed the Government is considering “a solatium payment” in line with recommendations from a four-year-old parliamentary inquiry.

At this stage no figure has been confirmed for the SA payments. In NSW, such payments can reach $75,000, depending on a raft of criteria including how long property owners have lived at the property. Solatium payments in Victoria equal up to 10 per cent of the value of the compulsory acquisition payment.

An artist’s impression of the entry ramp to a tunnel as part of the North-South Corridor.
An artist’s impression of the entry ramp to a tunnel as part of the North-South Corridor.
Mr Knoll told The Advertiser existing rules needed to be improved.

“Compulsory land acquisition is unavoidable if we are going to keep growing SA and building roads and infrastructure,” Mr Knoll said.

“Sometimes it can be a bit of a David-and-Goliath situation and the Marshall Government wants to better equip David throughout the negotiation process.

“We are considering a number of measures as part of our reforms, including solatium payments as occurs in other jurisdictions.”

Advance SA MP John Darley, who was involved in the 2015 inquiry into land acquisition that discussed the NSW and Victoria payments, has welcomed the move.

“When a home is compulsorily acquired, it can be very difficult for owners especially when they had no plans to leave the property,” he said.

“There should be some recognition for this and while nothing can replace losing your home, solatium payments will certainly help.

“They have been used effectively interstate.”

In June, The Advertiser revealed the North-South Corridor’s final stages are expected to swallow up between 600 and 1000 properties.

SA Law Society’s Planning, Environment & Local Government Committee chairman Anthony Kelly said the payments were a recognition of the difficulty homeowners had moving from their homes.

claybro

#4050 Post by claybro » Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:41 pm

My understanding is that the compensation offered is based on an average price for the suburb for an equivalent property. As there is no way domestic properties on this corridor are anywhere near the average price for the given suburb, they are already on a good wicket. If however they need to throw a few million extra to push this through and prevent the inevitable media hysteria, then it's money well spent. Personally. If I had a property near South Road, and I was going to have my house acquired, without the need of a hard sell in an undesirable location, I'd be throwing a party.