News & Developments: Prospect

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in areas other than the CBD and North Adelaide. Includes Port Adelaide and Glenelg.
rev
SA MVP (Most Valued Poster 4000+)

Re: News & Developments: Prospect

#166 Post by rev » Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:50 pm

There's a huge mountain of dirt being built at this site now, and a pit developing next to it. I wonder how deep they're going to go.

Sephiroth_FF
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#167 Post by Sephiroth_FF » Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:31 pm

https://www.foodmag.com.au/aldi-rival-k ... australia/
One of the world’s largest retailers, Kaufland, has broken ground to commence construction of its first South Australian supermarket in Prospect, their first outside of Europe. It is one of three stores it will be building in Australia, with more to come.

The multi-million-dollar development, on a 24,000sqm vacant site, will feature a Kaufland supermarket, food hall, outside dining area and support tenancies.

The company has also secured planning approval for another Adelaide store on the former Le Cornu site on Anzac Highway at Forestville and has another development application currently being assessed.
The Prospect store will initially operate as a testing facility to train staff, practise processes and trial proposed concepts.

Construction of the Prospect store is due to be completed in late 2020.
Vormund wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 5:24 pm
Ahh had no idea they were proposing one all the way out at Munno Para. I thought it was just old Le Cornu and Prospect.
There are also plans for stores at Paradise (not far from the O-Bhan) and Seaford Meadows.

Patrick_27
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#168 Post by Patrick_27 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:43 pm

Sephiroth_FF wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:31 pm
One of the world’s largest retailers, Kaufland, has broken ground to commence construction of its first South Australian supermarket in Prospect, their first outside of Europe. It is one of three stores it will be building in Australia, with more to come.

The multi-million-dollar development, on a 24,000sqm vacant site, will feature a Kaufland supermarket, food hall, outside dining area and support tenancies.

The company has also secured planning approval for another Adelaide store on the former Le Cornu site on Anzac Highway at Forestville and has another development application currently being assessed.
The Prospect store will initially operate as a testing facility to train staff, practise processes and trial proposed concepts.

Vormund wrote:
Ahh had no idea they were proposing one all the way out at Munno Para. I thought it was just old Le Cornu and Prospect.
There are also plans for stores at Paradise (not far from the O-Bhan) and Seaford Meadows.
I thought the plans for the N/E suburbs Kaufland were for Golden Grove?

SBD

#169 Post by SBD » Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:07 am

Patrick_27 wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:43 pm
Sephiroth_FF wrote:

Vormund wrote:
Off-topic for this thread, but The Advertiser carried a story that Kaufland have acquired land from Influencers Church on 12 August. Kaufland lodges plans for third store in SA after acquiring land from Influencers Church at Paradise

Sephiroth_FF
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#170 Post by Sephiroth_FF » Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:47 am

Patrick_27 wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:43 pm
Sephiroth_FF wrote:

Vormund wrote:
They were originally going to build a store at Wynn Vale but it went bust due to local opposition. I wonder if they could find another suitable location in the Golden Grove/Wynn Vale area?

Bacon
High Rise Poster!

#171 Post by Bacon » Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:21 pm

rev wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:50 pm
There's a huge mountain of dirt being built at this site now, and a pit developing next to it. I wonder how deep they're going to go.
Indeed! Seems like a bit of deja vu though, I remember them moving similar amounts of dirt about 10 years ago for the former Palm Grove project
BC1DEBCF-7E7F-4D29-B9B1-646BA7C95E2B.jpeg

baytram366
High Rise Poster!

#172 Post by baytram366 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:53 am

I just hope that the railway station gets an upgrade too ready for the new development but I won't be holding my breath
Baytram 366's Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/34520752@N07/collections

Llessur2002

#173 Post by Llessur2002 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:30 am

baytram366 wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:53 am
I just hope that the railway station gets an upgrade too ready for the new development but I won't be holding my breath
Wow, I only just noticed the station in the photo - it's that devoid of any facilities or shelter. :shock:

Nathan

#174 Post by Nathan » Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:14 am

Llessur2002 wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:30 am
baytram366 wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:53 am
Wow, I only just noticed the station in the photo - it's that devoid of any facilities or shelter. :shock:
If you squint, you might just make out the miniature bus stops half way along the platforms...

ChillyPhilly

#175 Post by ChillyPhilly » Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:19 am

baytram366 wrote:I just hope that the railway station gets an upgrade too ready for the new development but I won't be holding my breath
Sadly, it just won't happen, unless station upgrades are part of the $650-odd million price tag for Gawler electrification.

The railway siding between the site and Islington station needs to be removed, and ideally the platforms can be widened, lengthened and integrated as a new interchange with new bus stops on Regency Road above - or Pedder Crescent back on ground level.
Our state, our city, our future.

All views expressed on this forum are my own.

rev

#176 Post by rev » Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:16 pm

ChillyPhilly wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:19 am
baytram366 wrote:I just hope that the railway station gets an upgrade too ready for the new development but I won't be holding my breath
Sadly, it just won't happen, unless station upgrades are part of the $650-odd million price tag for Gawler electrification.

The railway siding between the site and Islington station needs to be removed, and ideally the platforms can be widened, lengthened and integrated as a new interchange with new bus stops on Regency Road above - or Pedder Crescent back on ground level.
More then just the station needs an upgrade. Look at the surrounding area especially directly west of it. Why would you walk in that area to get to a train station?
It's also a low socio-economic area directly near the station, and there's even an indigenous health facility there.

The new housing that's gone up so far is about 300m walk from the station. Kaufland is only going to occupy land just a little past the end of the platforms, so plenty of room for more housing that should increase usage of the station and justify an upgrade eventually.
https://www.saplanningcommission.sa.gov ... ection.pdf
Image in the top left corner of the pdf.

Sensation.Al
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#177 Post by Sensation.Al » Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:43 am

Bacon wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:21 pm
rev wrote:
Indeed! Seems like a bit of deja vu though, I remember them moving similar amounts of dirt about 10 years ago for the former Palm Grove project

Is this the one at the Former Le Cornu Site? Who's the builder?

rev

#178 Post by rev » Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:35 pm

Sensation.Al wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:43 am
Bacon wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:21 pm
rev wrote:

Is this the one at the Former Le Cornu Site? Who's the builder?
That's at Prospect, corner of Churchill and Regency roads.
The Kaufland development at the LeCornu site on Anzac Highway is still in the demolition stage I believe.

ChillyPhilly

#179 Post by ChillyPhilly » Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:33 pm

rev wrote:
Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:16 pm
ChillyPhilly wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:19 am

More then just the station needs an upgrade. Look at the surrounding area especially directly west of it. Why would you walk in that area to get to a train station?
It's also a low socio-economic area directly near the station, and there's even an indigenous health facility there.

The new housing that's gone up so far is about 300m walk from the station. Kaufland is only going to occupy land just a little past the end of the platforms, so plenty of room for more housing that should increase usage of the station and justify an upgrade eventually.
https://www.saplanningcommission.sa.gov ... ection.pdf
Image in the top left corner of the pdf.
The Kaufland should have been rejected, and the land re-sold for mixed-use development.

ChillyPhilly

#180 Post by ChillyPhilly » Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:35 pm

Taken from the train at Islington. Doesn't really do it justice. This is the Kaufland site.

.Image